Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Karasu_Hidesuke

Some reason I was barred from posting last night?

26 comments in this topic

[I-J-N]
Players
5,442 posts

Was there some reason why I was completely barred from posting last night? Couldn't post in any of the existing threads, all were view only even though I was logged in?

[NECRO]
Players
1,662 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, Karasu_Hidesuke sagte:

Was there some reason why I was completely barred from posting last night? Couldn't post in any of the existing threads, all were view only even though I was logged in?

I have had forum issues for the last two mornings. Somehow from between 6AM and 9AM (?) the forum would not react properly (could be during the night, too, but I use nights to sleep). No posting possible, no checking comments/reactions inside threads etc.; so either it's a general forum issue, anti IJN bias or WG just shuts down the forum while their mods take a nap? :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,442 posts
2 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

I have had forum issues for the last two mornings. Somehow from between 6AM and 9AM (?) the forum would not react properly (could be during the night, too, but I use nights to sleep). No posting possible, no checking comments/reactions inside threads etc.; so either it's a general forum issues, anti IJN bias or WG just shuts down the forum while their mods take a nap? :Smile_sceptic:

I could view all pages on the forum, even the one showing what other people are viewing. Just when I tried to type in the 'Reply to this topic' box, nothing happened. Literally nothing, no cursor, nothing. Nada. Zip.

Adding reaction worked though, with a huge lag.

[NECRO]
Players
1,662 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Karasu_Hidesuke sagte:

I could view all pages on the forum, even the one showing what other people are viewing. Just when I tried to type in the 'Reply to this topic' box, nothing happened. Literally nothing, no cursor, nothing. Nada. Zip.

I have had posting lag for weeks, but only during the last 2 mornings the option would simply not be there.

Players
6,815 posts
11,183 battles
2 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Same here. But since nobody had posted for over an hour across the entire forum, when I ran into that problem, I figured, it was a problem with the forum.

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,967 posts
28,459 battles
Just now, ForlornSailor said:

But since nobody had posted for over an hour across the entire forum, when I ran into that problem, I figured, it was a problem with the forum.

Yup, most likely a forum issue. I couldn't post anything too and there wasn't a single post sometime after 23:00 till morning. 

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
1,662 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, ForlornSailor sagte:

Same here. But since nobody had posted for over an hour across the entire forum, when I ran into that problem, I figured, it was a problem with the forum.

Yeah, I checked and when I saw there were no news post for 10 hours, I figured it was general and not individual.

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,442 posts
2 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

I started to think so too. But later on I noticed that @Jethro_Grey had managed to post in one of the threads. The only one to be able to do so, maybe he just got lucky somehow no idea. Still, I've seen no official response which is a little strange if this was a forum wide problem. It would have to be a software related glitch because the WoT forum was running normally.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,396 posts
10,923 battles

I have also been having forum issues in the last at least 2 weeks. Sometimes posting an aswer took 2-3 minutes.

And this is just text...

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,442 posts
Just now, Humorpalanta said:

I have also been having forum issues in the last at least 2 weeks. Sometimes posting an aswer took 2-3 minutes.

And this is just text...

Yeah, I've had that same problem too. You hit the 'submit' button and go put the kettle on and have some tea while waiting for it to get posted...:Smile_sad:  tea's good though.

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
1,662 posts
Vor 17 Minuten, Karasu_Hidesuke sagte:

Yeah, I've had that same problem too. You hit the 'submit' button and go put the kettle on and have some tea while waiting for it to get posted...:Smile_sad:  tea's good though.

I have run out of tea already!

• Funny 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,647 posts
19,740 battles
17 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I started to think so too. But later on I noticed that @Jethro_Grey had managed to post in one of the threads. The only one to be able to do so, maybe he just got lucky somehow no idea. Still, I've seen no official response which is a little strange if this was a forum wide problem. It would have to be a software related glitch because the WoT forum was running normally.

And here i wondered, why no new posts were seen this morning.

No idea why i was able to post tho, maybe WG allowed me to post because they already knew i would get another month long chat...vacation this morning? Only 8 hours after my last month long chat vacation was lifted and of these i played only 3-4... and i didn't talk that much.

I'd really appreciate it, if MrConway and Crysantos would stop turning the wheel of misfortune for me...or at least, it'd be nice to win something else but only chat vacations. Kappa

It's gets bloody old after a while, as in the last 10 months, i've had only 4-5 days were i didn't had a chat vacation or another.

I want to talk to the pot plants and the glue sniffers of my team again!

How are they supposed to know what they're supposed to do with a Cactus, Lube, Chickenbowels and their ******* if can't tell 'em? :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
1,662 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, Jethro_Grey sagte:

And here i wondered, why no new posts were seen this morning.

No idea why i was able to post tho, maybe WG allowed me to post because they already knew i would get another month long chat...vacation this morning? Only 8 hours after my last month long chat vacation was lifted and of these i played only 3-4... and i didn't talk that much.

I'd really appreciate it, if MrConway and Crysantos would stop turning the wheel of misfortune for me...or at least, it'd be nice to win something else but only chat vacations. Kappa

It's gets bloody old after a while, as in the last 10 months, i've had only 4-5 days were i didn't had a chat vacation or another.

I want to talk to the pot plants and the glue sniffers of my team again!

How are they supposed to know what they're supposed to do with a Cactus, Lube, Chickenbowels and their ******* if can't tell 'em? :Smile_trollface:

I usually try it with pinging their position and a suggested destination... and maybe a wakeup show past the bow...

[CAIN]
Players
4,647 posts
19,740 battles
2 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

I usually try it with pinging their position and a suggested destination... and maybe a wakeup show past the bow...

Does it work?

Cause with my team mates it never works.

I guess because they don't understand as the single brain cell is overloaded with tasks like "breathe...press 'S'...press MB1...".

Cause the only reaction i get is basically "he is pinging that spot over there...must be dangerous...let's not go there...could be dragons...need more glue"

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,259 posts
14,096 battles

I thought that I got banned by some glue sniffing snowflakes from my yesterday's teams or by weegee for god knows what. But then noticed that nobody has posted so just went to bed. 

• Funny 3

[I-J-N]
Players
5,442 posts
1 minute ago, gabberworld said:

somesort forum issue, because atm it works

Yes, it works now. IIRC this forum never had this kind of problems in the past so... why now?

[LSCA]
Players
1,273 posts
10,805 battles
2 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Yes, it works now. IIRC this forum never had this kind of problems in the past so... why now?

some drunk forum admin touched wrong buttons

• Funny 2

Players
1,869 posts
19,310 battles

I have been having this problem too for the past week, but no idea why it's suddenly happening these days.

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
1,662 posts
Vor 37 Minuten, lovelacebeer sagte:

I have been having this problem too for the past week, but no idea why it's suddenly happening these days.

Because forum funds were withdrawn to finance the mass production of "5" tokens...

• Funny 5

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,093 posts
5,462 battles
3 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

It was the forums. If you check back you'll see that there was a period of several hours where nobody could post anything.

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,442 posts
1 hour ago, lafeel said:

It was the forums. If you check back you'll see that there was a period of several hours where nobody could post anything.

Except for one forumite then. Hmm.. :Smile_amazed:

• Funny 1

[BBMM]
Players
6,338 posts
8,498 battles
4 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Server hamsters don't get fed due to corona. They have to jump 1.5m for the food. 

• Funny 1

Players
6,058 posts
12,066 battles
6 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I had the same issue. I think it was just some kind of forum bug which was bugging us :Smile-_tongue:

The forum did more funny stuff btw, like when I clicked on my old notifications, it wouldn't actually take me to the post where I got the quote alert from and other odd stuff like that.

Seems to be fixed by now so all is well :crab:

Sign in to follow this