Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Furius_Marius

Mogami 2020

23 comments in this topic

Players
257 posts
8,229 battles

Well... almost arriving to Ibuki. In the old old japanese cruiser line.

Furutaka can be very good, you got the upper-hand in the guns.

Aoba quite Meee

Myoko can be quite good.

Mogami... Well you mostly in tier X battles. But you don't have range, not specially fast, bad acceleration, not specially good turning. Awful AA, Awful turret traverse, the turrets gets destroyed a lot Not very fast reload. Less HP than tier VII Myoko. And super super squishy more squish than tier VII. Terrible torpedo angles. Battleship AP destroy u doesn't matter the angle, HE the same, SAP its a nightmare. Some games i got hit by 3 shells at 16+ angled and i die, when i was full HP. Cause angling in this ship is not really important, but if you broadside you die.  Everybody punish you doesn't matter the position. And for some reason when you shoot to japanese cruiser you don't get almost over-pens like when u shoot to other cruisers nowadays with high caliber. Its me, or Mogami its quite powercreeped respect the other Tier VIII cruisers? Will see how is Ibuki...

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,952 posts
12,874 battles

Nope you are just playing her wrong. 

155mm guns + IFHE is da way. :cap_rambo:

• Cool 10

Players
2,264 posts
14,115 battles
4 minutes ago, Furius_Marius said:

Working even against tier X? seriously? How long till i get deleted? 

Whole game if you'll use terrain, smoke screens and kitting. Terrain being best option.

Players
257 posts
8,229 battles
Just now, DariusJacek said:

Whole game if you'll use terrain, smoke screens and kitting. Terrain being best option.

Yes cause you don't have smoke screen... xD

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
939 posts
10,293 battles

Ye Mogami is a great ship even today. 155mm IFHE and full camo build, you only pick targets that either has shot or are not looking at you.

Also; you will melt DD's and cruisers.

And if the turret traverse is bothering you a lot, you can just get the EM captain skill and ditch the aiming mod to get the improved turret traverse. You don't really gain a lot from the aiming mod anyway.

Will definitely play it more this year.

Edit: Added stats shot:

fgjhtfyjytr.png

Players
2,264 posts
14,115 battles
4 minutes ago, Furius_Marius said:

Yes cause you don't have smoke screen... xD

The others do. it's team game.

Edit.

If you are in TX game follow smolensk, or Mino and share smokescreen or div up with DD and ask him for smoke and spot.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,097 posts
9,497 battles

image.thumb.png.f9fd071460aaf4eddb74dc565e57a3f8.png

Worked reasonably well for me (end of last year + this year)

Naturally 155s with IFHE, because 203s are just the worse option (also ive played >500 games with Takao which has the 203mm guns)

Its not a Kutuzov or CM, but close to my results in Baltimore, so i think it works. Squishiness is an issue ofc, i mostly went in, turned around started kiting/angling away and farmed the enemies.

[STARS]
[STARS]
Beta Tester
156 posts
16,877 battles

5 x 3 155mm of pure love. 
Not everyone’s taste though. 

if you have the cash, get the Atago. Still very good and can carry games when the MM is in your favour. 

Players
257 posts
8,229 battles

I don't know maybe i'm just crossing with too much 20 km battles and i struggle to be safe and in range... but is sooooo squishy. Will see Ibuki...

Players
1,885 posts
8,202 battles

It was ok last year (10% above my average WR) with IFHE 155mm and double rudder. Just kite.

Ibuki not good.

• Cool 1

Players
257 posts
8,229 battles

Just finished the farming with quite bad winrate... Ibuki its the same??? or slightly better?? I almost never see people playing jap cruisers anymore. 

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,869 posts
9,050 battles

My Mogami (155 + IFHE + 19 point commander) is still working fine in 2020. Okay, only six games, but more low then high tier, almost 90k average and 1.5 ships sunk per battle are a statement of quite well performance. 

Spoiler

mogami2020.thumb.jpg.f93542061d9fc7004d29c7da7eea00a9.jpg

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
703 posts
19,075 battles

For me worse than the German stuff everyone says needs buffing.

• Cool 2

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,981 posts
28,589 battles

Mogami kind of profited from all those IFHE and Upgrades changes. With IFHE its 155mm guns can pen 38mm of armour, but also, unlike all other T8 CLs, I'm talking about 155mm version, it has CA armour which means 27mm upper belt and central deck. Removing reload penalty from MBM2 it makes it straight upgrade to 155mm Mogami. Still definitely not easy ships to play but I would not consider it a bad ship. Just require more skill and awareness.  

• Cool 1

Players
10,216 posts
11,992 battles
16 hours ago, kfa said:

Nope you are just playing her wrong. 

155mm guns + IFHE is da way. :cap_rambo:

Tbh, 203mm option isn't bad either. Granted, there are better T8 heavy cruisers, but Mogami/203 is surprisingly okay.

16 hours ago, Furius_Marius said:

Just finished the farming with quite bad winrate... Ibuki its the same??? or slightly better?? I almost never see people playing jap cruisers anymore. 

Ibuki is literally copy/paste of Mogami with 203mm, only differences are tad better range, improved reload of 13.7s and access to usual T9 cruiser perks - heal and 6th upgrade slot, so you can go with main gun range or main gun reload.

If you can't make Mogami work, then I'm afraid you won't find salvation in Zao. Same armor layout, only citadel sits tad lower in the water, guns have great ballistics, but that works both ways - can't abuse islands like you can with previous cruisers and then Zao have atrocious firing arcs, comparable to Mogami/155

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,192 posts
11,285 battles

AFAIK, 

Mogami is one the strongest and most fun ships to play at tier 8. 

If you are Struggling with it I suggest go back to 155mm and watch some videos.. 

because IFHE mogami is just a damage beast! 

here, watch this. 

• Cool 1

Players
257 posts
8,229 battles
36 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Tbh, 203mm option isn't bad either. Granted, there are better T8 heavy cruisers, but Mogami/203 is surprisingly okay.

Ibuki is literally copy/paste of Mogami with 203mm, only differences are tad better range, improved reload of 13.7s and access to usual T9 cruiser perks - heal and 6th upgrade slot, so you can go with main gun range or main gun reload.

If you can't make Mogami work, then I'm afraid you won't find salvation in Zao. Same armor layout, only citadel sits tad lower in the water, guns have great ballistics, but that works both ways - can't abuse islands like you can with previous cruisers and then Zao have atrocious firing arcs, comparable to Mogami/155

With Mogami i was playing most of times against tier X and IX, at least with Zao I will be playing the same but with repair party. xD But I insist when almost anybody plays a ship, specially tech tree... Something is not right. xD

Players
10,216 posts
11,992 battles
1 minute ago, Furius_Marius said:

With Mogami i was playing most of times against tier X and IX, at least with Zao I will be playing the same but with repair party. xD But I insist when almost anybody plays a ship, specially tech tree... Something is not right. xD

Heal party won't exactly save you when eating cits. And then, with proliferation of DPM monsters, any overextending will result in you melting from HE with only one heal spent.

Players
257 posts
8,229 battles
9 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Heal party won't exactly save you when eating cits. And then, with proliferation of DPM monsters, any overextending will result in you melting from HE with only one heal spent.

Yes... When I play in BB or other cruisers usually the japanese cruisers are the easiest to citadel. 

[CKBK]
Players
395 posts
19,053 battles

Just keep your distance, use islands, dodge shells and keep kitting.i wouldn't advise using smokes in ijn cruisers though

[NMA]
Players
87 posts
4,307 battles

I found it borderline OP after IFHE changes especially..have rather average win rate, but performed with her way above that. (~63 WR in about 200 battles) One of my favourite ships now.

Sign in to follow this