You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Purnylla

Am I calculating service costs correctly?

12 comments in this topic

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
337 posts
11,202 battles

I'm a coop player and the since unlocking my first tier 8 ship I'm confronted with service costs so high battles are resulting in a loss on average. Now, I was looking forward using the coal I'm grinding to unlock one of those special Tier X ships in the armory, specifically the Salem. They should have reduced service costs. I went to calculate how much service costs they'd have, but my calculation gives a result so low, I can hardly believe it. So I'm posting here to found out if I've been overlooking something.

According to the wiki ( https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Service_Cost ) Tier X premium ships have a base service costs of 90,000 credits. The wiki says the service costs in coop mode gets reduced by 25% before any other modifiers are applied. That results in 67,500 credits service costs to start with. The permanent camoflage for a Tier X ship gives a 50% reduction of service costs, so that's 67,500 * 0.5 = 33,750 service costs. My clan's Naval Base gives me another 15% reduction on service costs, so that's 67,000 * 0.15 = 10,125 credits. In the end, that's 23,625 service costs.

Base service cost Tier X premium: 90,000 credits

Coop modifier (75% of 90,000): 67,500 credits

Permaflage discount (-50% of 67,500): -33,750 credits

Naval base discount (-15% of 67,500): -10,125 credits

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End result: 23,625 credits service costs for a Tier X premium in coop

Is this calculation correct?

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Players
465 posts
4,278 battles
2 minutes ago, Purnylla said:

I'm a coop player and the since unlocking my first tier 8 ship I'm confronted with service costs so high battles are resulting in a loss on average. Now, I was looking forward using the coal I'm grinding to unlock one of those special Tier X ships in the armory, specifically the Salem. They should have reduced service costs. I went to calculate how much service costs they'd have, but my calculation gives a result so low, I can hardly believe it. So I'm posting here to found out if I've been overlooking something.

According to the wiki ( https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Service_Cost ) Tier X premium ships have a base service costs of 90,000 credits. The wiki says the service costs in coop mode gets reduced by 25% before any other modifiers are applied. That results in 67,500 credits service costs to start with. The permanent camoflage for a Tier X ship gives a 50% reduction of service costs, so that's 67,500 * 0.5 = 33,750 service costs. My clan's Naval Base gives me another 15% reduction on service costs, so that's 67,000 * 0.15 = 10,125 credits. In the end, that's 23,625 service costs.

Base service cost Tier X premium: 90,000 credits

Coop modifier (75% of 90,000): 67,500 credits

Permaflage discount (-50% of 67,500): -33,750 credits

Naval base discount (-15% of 67,500): -10,125 credits

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End result: 23,625 credits service costs for a Tier X premium in coop

I think there is one thing you misunderstood if I am correct.

Permaflage discount (-50%) that is already in that first part Base service cost Tier X premium: 90,000 credits, you just inserted it twice 

• Bad 1

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
337 posts
11,202 battles
5 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Permaflage discount (-50%) that is already in that first part Base service cost Tier X premium: 90,000 credits, you just inserted it twice 

That's what the wiki says. 90,000 credits for a Tier X premium ship, but 45,000 credits for a Tier X premium ship with permanent camouflage. (But that's without the coop modifier). 

It seems the armory page implies the same thing. https://armory.worldofwarships.eu/en/category/ships/4082059184

Half the cost, as compared to Tier X ships, of standard (not including camouflage and signals) post-battle service- 90,000 instead of 180,000 credits

Includes a permanent camfouflage that provides the following bonuses: (...) -50% to the cost of post-battle service

The info on the armory page could be interpretated both ways, but the wiki seems pretty clear about it. 

Players
367 posts
17,443 battles
1 hour ago, Purnylla said:

Cost of ammunition is missing. That can be ridiculously high in TX.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
6,188 posts
14,684 battles
1 hour ago, Purnylla said:

The info on the armory page could be interpretated both ways, but the wiki seems pretty clear about it.

Without testing to make sure I'm right, I *think* T10 services costs for you should be as follows:

• Silver T10, no permaflage: 180,000 x 0.75 (for Coop) x 0.85 (15% off for Clan Base) = 114,750.
  • Silver T10, with permaflage: 90,000 x 0.75 x 0.85 = 57,375.
  • Premium T10, no permaflage: 90,000 x 0.75 x 0.85 = 57,375 (again).
  • Premium T10, with permaflage: 45,000 x 0.75 x 0.85 = 28,688 (rounded up).

That, of course, assumes that the T10 ships (which are technically 'event' ships, or something like that) behave as premiums as far as service costs are concerned. I can't recall if this has been confirmed as being the case or not (I rarely play most of mine, so it's moot for me personally).

If you're concerned about silver at high tiers, it's worth getting hold of at least one T9 'resources' ship, as they are full premiums, and have a higher earning potential as a result (all things being equal)...

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,188 posts
14,684 battles
2 minutes ago, Paimentaja said:

Cost of ammunition is missing.

This. The costs for used weapons/planes are in the wiki - as you've probably seen - just below the service cost section.

• Cool 1

Players
2,306 posts
31,573 battles

I dont know coop but randoms. I witnessed tier 10 ship total costs go from 215K up to 297K with the flags and camo on, regardless of the class. So, i.e.  if you earn 390K silver credits, all u get after the game is 100K..I usually get 200K to 400K  after a game but It has become ridiculously expensive to play t10 for those who dont have prem time. camo and flags.

Players
377 posts
5,801 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Wulf_Ace sagte:

90k is the standart value for t10 special ships. Thats their only economical benefit. The camo counts seperatly.

• Cool 1

Players
40 posts
5,477 battles

I dont know about the math behind service costs, but you are not only one to experience a loss if playing co op without any flags. I took tier 10 Montana out in a co op just for the fun of it, did pretty good but service cost well over 200k. In that battle i lost almost 100k in credits. I think in general the service costs for some ships are way to high, and makes it not worth using them.

[TDOG]
Beta Tester
183 posts
8,481 battles
43 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

What coop modifier?

Direct from the Wiki
Certain game modes with low rewards, such as Co-op, a 25% base cost discount is applied before all other modifiers

[TDOG]
Beta Tester
183 posts
8,481 battles
On 5/19/2020 at 5:07 PM, Verblonde said:

Without testing to make sure I'm right, I *think* T10 services costs for you should be as follows:

• Silver T10, no permaflage: 180,000 x 0.75 (for Coop) x 0.85 (15% off for Clan Base) = 114,750.
  • Silver T10, with permaflage: 90,000 x 0.75 x 0.85 = 57,375.
  • Premium T10, no permaflage: 90,000 x 0.75 x 0.85 = 57,375 (again).
  • Premium T10, with permaflage: 45,000 x 0.75 x 0.85 = 28,688 (rounded up).

That, of course, assumes that the T10 ships (which are technically 'event' ships, or something like that) behave as premiums as far as service costs are concerned. I can't recall if this has been confirmed as being the case or not (I rarely play most of mine, so it's moot for me personally).

If you're concerned about silver at high tiers, it's worth getting hold of at least one T9 'resources' ship, as they are full premiums, and have a higher earning potential as a result (all things being equal)...

You can also include the India Bravo Terrathree consumable flag for another 10% discount
Additionally the Ranked Season Decorative Flag can also reduce costs (According to the Wiki, either 5%, 10% or 20% depending on how far you got ,whilst there is an active Ranked season)

Edit
Not sure if the salem is different but it seems to be the same costs as a Tier 9 rather than Tier 10
With its Permaflage,  and Clan base discount of only 10%
Its service cost after a coop battle was 20250 Credits

Meaning that it should drop to 13770 IF you have all the available reductions
Permaflage
Bravo Terrathree
Ranked Premier League Flag (Rank 5 reached and active clan season as the flag is removed after the season finishes)
Clan Base Bonus
Coop Bonus

• Cool 1