You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zigiran

Legendary modules: when in the premium store?

48 comments in this topic

[OHFK]
Players
257 posts
6,489 battles

@MrConway@Crysantos

When it was announced that legendary modules where moved to the Research Bureau, you also said that you would remember those without acces to the Research Bureau.

So far, I heard or seen nothing about that.

So, easy solution: put them in the premium store please, so I can just buy them.

Thanks!

Spoiler

Just to clearify: I'm being serious.

I'm playing this game for 1.5 years now and I got 2 lines at TX and almost a 3rd.

At this rate I need another year to unlock the RB and then I need to reset a line.

So I can expect my first legendary from the RB around christmas 2021.

However, that is assuming that I will reset a line.

And I will NOT.

If I spent 2.5 years to get 5 lines at TX, you can be sure that I will not reset one of those lines.

I got a full time job, I got a social life. And I would like to have some more ships for CB's.

I don't have time to regrind a line to get a legendary module.

What I do have is some money.

So please allow us casual players to have legendary modules as well and please put them in the premium store.

Thank you.

• Cool 2

[OFFC]
[OFFC]
Players
119 posts
8,935 battles

Nope.

(They are already in the premium shop: you can convert doubloons to research bureau points by resetting lines and using free xp that was converted with doubloons to reacquire them. If it's too complicated, then this game is not meant for you.)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,074 posts
12,883 battles
16 minutes ago, terios said:

Nope.

(They are already in the premium shop: you can convert doubloons to research bureau points by resetting lines and using free xp that was converted with doubloons to reacquire them. If it's too complicated, then this game is not meant for you.)

But access to RB is behind those: "you-have-to-have-five-silver-T10-researched"-wall... If you don't have them, you don't have access to it at all (which I consider bad). 

• Cool 5

[OHFK]
Players
257 posts
6,489 battles
29 minutes ago, terios said:

Nope.

So you want me to free xp 2 more lines to unlock TX ships from lines that I have never played?

I don't think that is what this game needs, more people at top tiers with ships they have no clue how to play.

I prefer to grind my lines slowly so I can learn the ships.

• Cool 4

[JRM]
Players
7,053 posts

LU are the very definition of end-game content, they are supposed to be sidegrades to the existing "default" builds not upgrades upon them

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
939 posts
10,301 battles

Oh boy, here we go again.

Drop absolutly everything you got in your hands please, we have to cater to the casual players. Buy your Stalingrad and Burgogne in the premium shop for just 99€!

No effort required exept swiping your creditcard!

• Funny 2

Players
2,532 posts
36 minutes ago, terios said:

(...)  If it's too complicated, then this game is not meant for you.)

Judging what I witness on regular basis in this game, I wouldn't be so sure about that...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SHAFT]
Players
11,102 posts
9,497 battles

I wouldnt worry too much about them. As WG already announced changes to some LMs, im sure, they will nerf others aswell which are currently straight upgrades. They nerfed DMs LM by putting it into the 5th slot. DMs LM was among the better ones, and now its probably more of a sidegrade at best.

So if they succeed, we wont have any more upgrades, but sidegrades instead. And sidegrades arent really necessary to begin with.

I have 5 LMs, 3 are useless (Wooster, Hindi, Mino), 1 is ok (GK), 1 is really good (Yamato). When they are finished, i expect to have 5 LMs which i wont use... GKs LM is already changing, which makes it worse for me than the normal reloadmod.

I expect Yamato LM to get nerfed heavily. On the other hand, Woosters LM is getting buffed, and it would free up 3 pts for SI you dont need anymore. Alltho, freeing those 3 pts doesnt really do too much... so i wouldnt call it necessarily an upgrade (with old AA in place, freeing 3 pts would have been useful for BFT).

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,681 posts
19,819 battles
4 hours ago, Zigiran said:

@MrConway@Crysantos

When it was announced that legendary modules where moved to the Research Bureau, you also said that you would remember those without acces to the Research Bureau.

So, easy solution: put them in the premium store please, so I can just buy them.

Thanks!

Reveal hidden contents

Just to clearify: I'm being serious.

I'm playing this game for 1.5 years now and I got 2 lines at TX and almost a 3rd.

At this rate I need another year to unlock the RB and then I need to reset a line.

So I can expect my first legendary from the RB around christmas 2021.

However, that is assuming that I will reset a line.

And I will NOT.

If I spent 2.5 years to get 5 lines at TX, you can be sure that I will not reset one of those lines.

I got a full time job, I got a social life. And I would like to have some more ships for CB's.

So please allow us casual players to have legendary modules as well and please put them in the premium store.

Thank you.

Well, go to store, buy all the Dubloons, use them to Convert to FXP. Rinse and repeat several times.

Use FXP to get to TX, reset those line multiple times, play ships in coop.

Use RP points to buy LMs.

Easy! The possibility is already there, you just have to spend several thousand euros on Dubloons.

Your welcome!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
7,252 posts
245 battles
6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I wouldnt worry too much about them. As WG already announced changes to some LMs, im sure, they will nerf others aswell which are currently straight upgrades. They nerfed DMs LM by putting it into the 5th slot. DMs LM was among the better ones, and now its probably more of a sidegrade at best.

So if they succeed, we wont have any more upgrades, but sidegrades instead. And sidegrades arent really necessary to begin with.

I have 5 LMs, 3 are useless (Wooster, Hindi, Mino), 1 is ok (GK), 1 is really good (Yamato). When they are finished, i expect to have 5 LMs which i wont use... GKs LM is already changing, which makes it worse for me than the normal reloadmod.

I expect Yamato LM to get nerfed heavily. On the other hand, Woosters LM is getting buffed, and it would free up 3 pts for SI you dont need anymore. Alltho, freeing those 3 pts doesnt really do too much... so i wouldnt call it necessarily an upgrade (with old AA in place, freeing 3 pts would have been useful for BFT).

I wondering what the other ships will get in terms of legendary modules and if we will see them dip into tier 9 at all (knowing weegee they probs will at somepoint).

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,351 posts
26,197 battles
18 minutes ago, Zigiran said:

So you want me to free xp 2 more lines to unlock TX ships from lines that I have never played?

I don't think that is what this game needs, more people at top tiers with ships they have no clue how to play.

I prefer to grind my lines slowly so I can learn the ships.

If you instantly reset those 2 lines you can grind them again and learn/earn enough points to buy 2nd LU and not be inexperienced at tier X:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[OHFK]
Players
257 posts
6,489 battles
13 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

Oh boy, here we go again.

Drop absolutly everything you got in your hands please, we have to cater to the casual players. Buy your Stalingrad and Burgogne in the premium shop for just 99€!

No effort required exept swiping your creditcard!

Just want to point out:

I did grind out the legendary modules on my first 2 lines.

And I would not mind doing the old style missions for my next ship.

Because that made sense:

You want the legendary module for the Gearing? The play the Gearing... a lot.

And that is what I did. As a casual player. No problem.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
323 posts
16,136 battles

Well if you have money how about you buy some free exp and research some T10s?

WG removed the missions for leg.modules a few months ago so you had a chance to get them that way?

Beside of that even with less time grinding a line to T10 doesnt take that much time, with premium, signals & camos.

On top of that you can even buy those silly special signals and earn 20k exp pro battle.

Players
2,306 posts
31,542 battles

Like others said, some of these upgrades have become or about to become side grades which i am sure they will not be used. I would not be surprised if most of these upgrades will sit there in the RB  useless due to these nerfs and no one will bother getting them.

• Cool 1

Players
6,058 posts
12,082 battles
3 hours ago, Zigiran said:

Legendary modules: when in the premium store?

I would guestimate a good time to send the LM there would be by the end of the summer :Smile-_tongue:

WG Staff
3,413 posts
14,801 battles
3 hours ago, Zigiran said:

@MrConway@Crysantos

Thanks!

Reveal hidden contents

No this isn't planned, we're still working on improvements for the Research Bureau and the availability of Research Points.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 5

[R3B3L]
Players
538 posts
12,301 battles
5 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

No this isn't planned, we're still working on improvements for the Research Bureau and the availability of Research Points.

Greetings, Crysantos

Forcing people to reset and regrind 2 whole lines to get access to a single legendary module is just plain wrong.

• Cool 8

[TDOG]
Beta Tester
183 posts
8,473 battles
1 hour ago, B051LjKo said:

Forcing people to reset and regrind 2 whole lines to get access to a single legendary module is just plain wrong.

I believe Crysantos is referring to the passive gain of RP by completing Daily Mission Chains (I recall a figure of 1200 RP a month could be earned) when he says about improvements and availability
IF you havent read the Dev Blog on it

New rewards for daily missions were added. For example, in Update 0.9.5 steel will be added in a list of rewards for daily missions in the amount of 20 per day. And in July, research points will be added there as well (for players who already have access to the Research Bureau). In total, players will be able to receive up to 1200 research points per month. 

Players
869 posts
1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

No this isn't planned, we're still working on improvements for the Research Bureau

Perhaps C4 would help with NT sorry Bureau, :etc_red_button:   

Just trying to be helpful :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,513 posts
1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

Greetings, Crysantos

Improvement for Research Bureau: put it in the bin where it belongs :fish_viking:

• Cool 6

[STARS]
[STARS]
Beta Tester
156 posts
16,878 battles
1 hour ago, B051LjKo said:

Actually this much easier (even without the fxp method)

The former method was a lot more ‘grindier’ (hello 40k basexp)

[CAIN]
Players
4,681 posts
19,819 battles
24 minutes ago, B051LjKo said:

It, you could use the x2 bonus we get every three month, which allows you reset only one line. 

Personally, I plan to reset 4-6 lines this “season”, reason being, to have some RBPs lying around in case something interesting enters the RB. 

In regards to the LMs: I have the missions active ever since they were introduced years ago. I just couldn’t be arsed to grind them, except Yamato. 

Atm, I have 10 missions left to do, with 8 of them being in the base XP stage and the two CV ones still in the first. All the other ones are done. 

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,728 posts
25,075 battles
6 minutes ago, Admiral_Oily_Discharge said:

I wish thar were coupons like 25% discount for legendary mods in research bureau .

something might come, maybe after they sorted out what the plans are for the stuff they did publish already rofl