You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ColaholicA

Use of "G" to recall parts of a Squadron

6 comments in this topic

Question

[SVX]
Players
29 posts
3,940 battles

Hello there,

I wonder if it would be possible to implement a "partial recall" function when playing as a Carrier.

Being able to press "G" (currently reserved for Depth Charges) to instantly send one strike group back to the ship instead of having to manually drop the ordnance would be a godsend.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

5 answers to this question

Players
108 posts
1,045 battles

This would be useful and I think it's a good idea, although I doubt it would be implemented since we already have a way to do that (drop torpedoes/bombs/rockets into the water).

• Cool 2

[SVX]
Players
29 posts
3,940 battles
3 hours ago, ItsJustAFleshWound said:

This would be useful and I think it's a good idea, although I doubt it would be implemented since we already have a way to do that (drop torpedoes/bombs/rockets into the water).

It's very much a Quality of Life change. But if I recall correctly the Devs have stated that they might introduce a feature like this due to the prevalence of Pre-dropping. Could be useful to let them know that at least some of us would like to see it happen. 🙃

• Cool 2

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
35 posts
1,269 battles

It would be a good idea, it saves the carrier player some credits (ammo)  (not a lot, but some, quite a bit in very long games).

Also, dropping into water/land means that you have to find an empty patch, taking up valuable time.

I think that this overall is a good idea, but I feel it should be a different key instead of G (because G is for depth charges).

Edit: CVs don't pay for the ordnance, only planes lost (the offending section has been stricken through).

Beta Tester
1,723 posts
18,020 battles
Am 12.6.2020 um 12:42, Hms_Artful sagte:

It would be a good idea, it saves the carrier player some credits (ammo)  (not a lot, but some, quite a bit in very long games).

Just to rectify this one part: Carriers do not pay for the ammo like other ships but for the planes they lost.

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
35 posts
1,269 battles
8 hours ago, Johnny_Moneto said:

Just to rectify this one part: Carriers do not pay for the ammo like other ships but for the planes they lost.

Oh, I thought they did, just like when shells are fired.

Thanks for the correction.

The original post has been edited.