You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ast3lan

Has WG gifted Reich's flags?

44 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
487 posts
3,850 battles

Just out of curiosity, has WG given away Flags with the colors of the Reich? The same that are displayed by wanabee nazis and reichsbürger everywhere they can?

Here is the flag in question,

https://imgur.com/cgxz39G

• Boring 1
  • Bad 9

Players
6,823 posts
11,223 battles
18 minutes ago, Ast3lan said:

The same that are displayed by wanabee nazis and reichsbürger everywhere they can?

The same that was used by Norddeutscher Bund and Deutsches Reich from 1866 until 1918. But apperently, thats not imporant. Also I fail to see how "nazis" are connected with a flag of that time. But im sure you can educate us all.

• Cool 21

[PONYS]
Players
5,024 posts
18,585 battles
Vor 23 Minuten, Ast3lan sagte:

Just out of curiosity, has WG given away Flags with the colors of the Reich? The same that are displayed by wanabee nazis and reichsbürger everywhere they can?

It's not a pure "Reichsflagge der Handelsmarine"

There's the code for the order to skuttle the ships during WW1 printed on it.

So the flag is meant to be a tribute to this event.

• Cool 6

Beta Tester
487 posts
3,850 battles
21 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

The same that was used by Norddeutscher Bund and Deutsches Reich from 1866 until 1918. But apperently, thats not imporant. Also I fail to see how "nazis" are connected with a flag of that time. But im sure you can educate us all.

You fail to see what you conveniently do not want to but don't worry, many people suffer the same problem as you.

Also, you do know that the Reichsbürger movement denies the current german government and uses this same flag and is considered an enemy of the German state don't you?

18 minutes ago, Maviba_76 said:

Ah so its a matter of dubious choices and bad taste. Just another day at the WG office it seems.

• Funny 4
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 12

[SHAFT]
Players
11,028 posts
9,449 battles
3 minutes ago, Ast3lan said:

You fail to see what you conveniently do not want to but don't worry, many people suffer the same problem as you.

Also, you do know that the Reichsbürger movement denies the current german government and uses this same flag and is considered an enemy of the German state don't you?

So if some right-wing organisation starts using EVERY flag of every country in the world, every country has to change their flag because its a nazi flag?

Interesting logic right there :cap_fainting:

• Cool 10
  • Funny 2

Players
6,823 posts
11,223 battles
4 minutes ago, Ast3lan said:

I dont care. They dont get to dictate the past nor the future. And neither do you.

• Cool 11
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
28,115 posts
14,890 battles
6 minutes ago, Ast3lan said:

The flag is not illegal to use.

And calling these people enemies does elevate their significance. Do not get me wrong, some probably are, but most of them just lost their marbles.

• Cool 8

Beta Tester
487 posts
3,850 battles
14 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

I dont care. They dont get to dictate the past nor the future. And neither do you.

If you don't care then don't post.

11 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The flag is not illegal to use.

And calling these people enemies does elevate their significance. Do not get me wrong, some probably are, but most of them just lost their marbles.

Not caring about these people is what got them in places of power in both Governments and Organizations a bit around the world and especially in Europe. Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away, same as denying the importance of symbols.

Anyways i got my answer so thanks Pete.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

Players
6,823 posts
11,223 battles
1 minute ago, Ast3lan said:

If you don't care then don't post.

You dont understand. I care about people like YOU trying to throw dirt on our history and heritage. Educate yourself or go away.

And just because it suits this topic: Beautiful in its own way.

• Cool 14

[PVE-D]
Players
270 posts
9,108 battles
32 minutes ago, Ast3lan said:

[Lots of blabbering]

Oh Malte-Sören Yannick, everyone knows it's cool and ulta HiPsTeRwOkE to be against literally anything that is German even if it's not even connected to anything, it won't make you right even if you would like it to be that way.

And yes, blaming people from WW1 for something radicals used literally decades later is the same as blaming 1000 B.C. people in South Asia for creating a symbol the Nazis used several millennia later.

Nice big brain time. And I am quite sure you have no idea what I am referring to.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 7

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,728 posts
21,092 battles
15 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

You dont understand. I care about people like YOU trying to throw dirt on our history and heritage. Educate yourself or go away.

And just because it suits this topic: Beautiful in its own way.

I prefer "Gott erhalte Franz den Kaiser!" :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,885 posts
14,428 battles

I fail to see what's wrong with this flag. It's not associated with Nazism, and pre-dates the Nazis. I have it mounted on Bismarck.

Where's the issue? 

• Cool 8

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,125 posts
11,146 battles
1 hour ago, Ast3lan said:

Ah yes, the famous and mighty Nazi flag of the 2nd Reich.

Do you work at Valve perhaps, because apparently you're incapable of counting up to 3.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 10

Players
7,232 posts
245 battles
21 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

I fail to see what's wrong with this flag. It's not associated with Nazism, and pre-dates the Nazis. I have it mounted on Bismarck.

Where's the issue? 

Troll mixed with my generations mindset (im 24 atm), plus delusional thinking equals OP.

I find the right and left politcal thing to be what kids do when they don't like each other too be honest.

soo many labels by 10 get none free! or your arms bak!

• Funny 4

[SV]
Players
1,082 posts
13,955 battles
3 hours ago, Ast3lan said:

i really hope you dont get it !

Players
6,058 posts
12,079 battles
3 hours ago, Maviba_76 said:

Personally I somewhat fail to see what is so proud about sinking your own fleet, just because of politics.

The German fleet performed pretty good considering they went toe-to-toe with the strongest and arguably most experienced fleet in the world while having much less naval tradition in the military sense. I'm pretty sure WG could think of something more...proud...to honor these ships with. Or at least that's what I personally think. And of course these ships look gorgeous and have nothing to do with nazis whatsoever.

• Cool 1

Players
6,058 posts
12,079 battles

Ah so its a matter of dubious choices and bad taste. Just another day at the WG office it seems.

Perhaps you should consider to thread carefully. This forum isn't about politics and personally I prefer it that way :Smile_hiding:

I kinda agree with you about the latter thing you stated here though, as explained above in my previous post.

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,471 posts
8,633 battles

In case you have not yet noticed why others are laughing about you in this case.

The Reichsbürger movement denies the current German Government in Favour of the German Kaiserreich. It claims that the Democratic Government Forced onto Germany after WW1 was Illegal and Invalid. Which by the way Includes The Government of the Nazis. And thus in their Eyes Germany if still Legally the Kaiserreich.

Of course that Rubbish is just a Scam to get out of Paying Taxes by riling up Idiots and Tinfoil Theorists against the State and Justify Illegal Actions by claiming that the German Government has no Right to Police them.

However. In case you did not Notice. The Flag is Printed with a Code for the Self Sinking of the German Empire Fleet when it Revolted against the German Reich. And thus actually would Present a Shaming to any Follower of the 2nd German Reich.

Moreover it has absolutely no Ties to the Nazis and the Nazis actually even called the People Involved into that Event Traitors to Germany later on.

So Yeah. If a Reichsbürger Flies this Flag its a Nice Demonstration how much of an Ignorant Idiot he is. Because he is effectively Flying a Flag Celebrating the Day on Which People Decided to rather Sink their own Fleet than Continue Fighting for the Country they Claim to be Patriotic Followers of.

• Cool 1

[LEOND]
[LEOND]
Alpha Tester
1,222 posts
6,026 battles

the main reason why we don't have the historical Flag in German WW1 ships (every other Nation has all the Flags) is that the Reichskriegsflagge is used by some right-wing and nazi organisations

with giving away a similar flag for the event and naming a ship Lldendorff the original decision is questianable at best 

[I-J-N]
Players
5,456 posts
9 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

In case you have not yet noticed why others are laughing about you in this case.

The Reichsbürger movement denies the current German Government in Favour of the German Kaiserreich. It claims that the Democratic Government Forced onto Germany after WW1 was Illegal and Invalid. Which by the way Includes The Government of the Nazis. And thus in their Eyes Germany if still Legally the Kaiserreich.

Of course that Rubbish is just a Scam to get out of Paying Taxes by riling up Idiots and Tinfoil Theorists against the State and Justify Illegal Actions by claiming that the German Government has no Right to Police them.

However. In case you did not Notice. The Flag is Printed with a Code for the Self Sinking of the German Empire Fleet when it Revolted against the German Reich. And thus actually would Present a Shaming to any Follower of the 2nd German Reich.

Moreover it has absolutely no Ties to the Nazis and the Nazis actually even called the People Involved into that Event Traitors to Germany later on.

So Yeah. If a Reichsbürger Flies this Flag its a Nice Demonstration how much of an Ignorant Idiot he is. Because he is effectively Flying a Flag Celebrating the Day on Which People Decided to rather Sink their own Fleet than Continue Fighting for the Country they Claim to be Patriotic Followers of.

Technically they were ordered to surrender to the enemy, there was no fighting to be done at all at that point. They simply prevented the distribution of the German fleet to the allied nations after the war. This, incidentally, is also what the French did in the next war...

• Cool 1

Players
7,232 posts
245 battles
1 hour ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Personally I somewhat fail to see what is so proud about sinking your own fleet, just because of politics.

The German fleet performed pretty good considering they went toe-to-toe with the strongest and arguably most experienced fleet in the world while having much less naval tradition in the military sense. I'm pretty sure WG could think of something more...proud...to honor these ships with. Or at least that's what I personally think. And of course these ships look gorgeous and have nothing to do with nazis whatsoever.

Well, the UK and the french would of forced the germans to scuttle i think around 80% of their fleet anyways, while some other powers wanted to have germany keep most of them, damm shame they didn't keep a few ships. Makes me wonder if the treaty of versilles wasn't so harsh on germany and the allies sought out more communication and diplomacy...Actually ill just leave it there, thread is bad enough as it is lol.

See when i get a time machine i defo going back to hold fat competitions between boats and spray water at naughties.

God imagine if twitter and youtube existed back then.

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,471 posts
8,633 battles
49 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Technically they were ordered to surrender to the enemy, there was no fighting to be done at all at that point. They simply prevented the distribution of the German fleet to the allied nations after the war. This, incidentally, is also what the French did in the next war...

Reality and what is later Claimed by the People is often a very different thing in History ^^

• Cool 1