You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
1MajorKoenig

Falkenhayn — a community created Battlecruiser

132 comments in this topic

[JRM]
Players
7,008 posts

Wut? T6 BB? NO!

If you want it to be a Deutchland succesor it shoud be a supercruiser now at which tier that is the question, maybe T8 would fit her

• Cool 3

[MUUH]
Players
1,456 posts
8,962 battles

After the Falkenhayn we will make a Later build Sistership called Schlieffen with Improvements as Better AA extra Torpedotubes and some other little things. 

[DREAD]
Players
10,223 posts
7,164 battles
12 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Wut? T6 BB? NO!

If you want it to be a Deutchland succesor it shoud be a supercruiser now at which tier that is the question, maybe T8 would fit her

One can certainly argue about that :-) 

The ship is probably somewhere between Graf Spee and Scharnhorst That’s why I thought about T6. 

The super cruiser idea is also nice - potently even better for for the more modern half-sister Kaffee mentioned (AA and such)

Players
352 posts
11,550 battles
8 minutes ago, Parasitkaffee said:

After the Falkenhayn we will make a Later build Sistership called Schlieffen with Improvements as Better AA extra Torpedotubes and some other little things. 

Got any details on the thickness of the armour scheme u want + details of the secondary armament. Gonna build it in my current game of Rule the Waves 2, doing a germany run through

[MUUH]
Players
1,456 posts
8,962 battles
Just now, ClappingLollies said:

What 3D software are you guys using? If you need some assets i can help out

Autodesk Fusion 360 

• Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
10,223 posts
7,164 battles
1 minute ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

Got any details on the thickness of the armour scheme u want + details of the secondary armament. Gonna build it in my current game of Rule the Waves 2, doing a germany run through

The secondary guns are 4x2 10.5cm AA guns filling in as DP guns. 

The belt is 200mm I believe - I need to summon @Walther_K_Nehring for the correct value

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,728 posts
21,092 battles

Don't forget to include over-nerfing and no fun when playing when creating the ship. You know, to make it like WG does.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

[JRM]
Players
7,008 posts
7 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

The ship is probably somewhere between Graf Spee and Scharnhorst That’s why I thought about T6. 

Sharnhost has BB plate, this should not have one by the merit of logical evolution, also 12×11" will hardly cut it as a T6 BB where an average weapon in that class can be considered to be 12×14", you could make it work as  BB with tweaking but you would end up with a low power ship that would have to be gimmicked up badly to have any merit, now as a T8 supercruiser on the other hand with 12×11" she would be a VERY interesting ship, also it would open up an option for the upgraded version to go to T9 or 10

[DREAD]
Players
10,223 posts
7,164 battles
28 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

12×11" will hardly cut it as a T6

Actually it is just 8x 11”. :Smile_hiding:

Super Cruiser would also be possible - and interesting -  but I think era wise she would be a better fit for mid tiers. 

[JRM]
Players
7,008 posts

Oh well with 8×11 inchers she is definetly not BB material (although I dont see why she wouldnt carry triples since Spee did) in any case its SC/CC (or whatever you choose to call it) for T7-T8 with option for further upgraded version to carry Sharns/Spees triple turrets and more torp and AA

[CATS]
Players
28,115 posts
14,890 battles

If she gets at least 200mm of armor, she could work as a mid Tier BB.

With armor like the Deutschland Class, it would be better to make her a super cruiser.

[THESO]
Players
4,360 posts

And I thought fictional ships are reserved for Soviet branch only.

Impressed.

• Cool 2

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
703 posts
19,042 battles
4 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

And I thought fictional ships are reserved for Soviet branch only.

Impressed.

and german Cvs…..ahem.

must be fun designing but more fantasy ships no thanks.

• Funny 1

Players
7,232 posts
245 battles

I actually like this idea, i don't have the time now, but during the summer im actually going to start building my ships i've designed in 3ds max or blender (probs do blender).

It seems like the guy you mentioned is using cad from the modelling window, but i can't be too sure has an autodesk feeling to it.

Otherwise im quite interested to see where this will pan out. Also having her as a super cruiser would be a cool idea, since she has more of a cruiser feel to her. Be stronger in a cruiser slot anyways.

• Cool 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
20 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Actually it is just 8x 11”. :Smile_hiding:

Super Cruiser would also be possible - and interesting -  but I think era wise she would be a better fit for mid tiers. 

Era-wise, as a successor to Spee, it just means a cruiser on tiers 7+ though. With 200 mm of belt, the ship imo is T7-9, depending on how you tweak the guns, any additional reinforced plating and number of torp tubes.

• Cool 1

Players
7,232 posts
245 battles
22 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Era-wise, as a successor to Spee, it just means a cruiser on tiers 7+ though. With 200 mm of belt, the ship imo is T7-9, depending on how you tweak the guns, any additional reinforced plating and number of torp tubes.

The non-prem version should branch of deutchland or be the tier 7 if weegee ever add a german supercruiser line at any point.

Beta Tester
3,974 posts
2,151 battles
1 hour ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

She could be a nice T6 BB, no...? 

I belive we already had clarified that this ship was and is designed as overheavy cruiser ... Wargaming always goes after the national classifications ... so it's anyway a cruiser and not a battleship Major :cap_win:

My interpretation is a Tier 8 "Super Cruiser" ...

• Cool 1

Players
1,861 posts
3,538 battles

@1MajorKoenig @Parasitkaffee I really like the idea. Tho, just like Graf Spee, i don't consider this neither a BB nor a battlecruiser; i formally call Graf Spee (and this one) a Pocket Battleship, however, i consider it an AC:"Amaizing Contraption". 

I think the belt should be max 120mm; Graf Spee had only 80mm and Admiral Scheer had only 60mm, so i wouldn't go beyond 120.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,974 posts
2,151 battles
3 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

I think the belt should be max 120mm; Graf Spee had only 80mm and Admiral Scheer had only 60mm, so i wouldn't go beyond 120. 

The armor has a layout to be save against 8" shells, the minimum to be save there is a 180mm belt, we give here a 200mm belt to be on the absolute save side

[JRM]
Players
7,008 posts
17 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

The non-prem version should branch of deutchland or be the tier 7 if weegee ever add a german supercruiser line at any point.

This is actually a good idea - make a SC line so poor Aegir might actually find a home already

• Cool 1