Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GrazyC2

EU Destroyers getting tyred of them

102 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
151 posts
1,138 battles

T3,T4,T5,T6,T7,T8 Eu destroyers you gut to hate them when you are a BB captain !!

These guys lay down so much torps and fast you are to sluggish and to slow to turn.

I was doing for fun T4 BB in a random first off AP bounced off his decks well that ain't real it should put a hole in that thing.

Second secondary guns didn't do much damage on that guy, he freaking launched his torps my way, so a wall of torps came to me so freaking fast there was nothing I could do.

I really hope they going to change this otherwise do won't invite much new players. I can see why the other player said screw this game. I spoke to him on steam he said what kind of game has this ?

Still try to learn the darn game all I get is being destroyed by these these gunboats. There is no fun sailing a fortress if you getting pounded all the time.

Yeah I said that was a lot different few years back when a Battleship was a Battleship, but the destroyers started complaining and everything turned around. CV's are almost no mach for the destroyers.

Battleships are getting there citadels hit by destroyers with AP, but if a battleship shoots back one sticks the rest over pins witch I find strange... Yeah the game is screwed with all these EU DD's 

Not sure what the game testers test these days but they ain't doing a very fine job. I think that's why I do so much CO OP these days because Random ain't fun anymore...

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 19
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,950 posts
12,853 battles

You can always play CV for revenge :Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,447 posts
20,560 battles
4 minutes ago, GrazyC2 said:

CV's are almost no mach for the destroyers.

 

tenor.gif?itemid=7178438

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,166 posts
9,372 battles

Going to try and be diplomatic, you are a new player. This means there are still plenty of things you can do to improve. First things first, the EU DD's are not the problem here, you are. Stop rushing up the tiers is a good start. Drop down a few tiers, learn about WASD hacks, work on map and situational awarness.

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
151 posts
1,138 battles
2 minutes ago, kfa said:

You can always play CV for revenge :Smile_trollface:

I'm a cv player but that guy was an BB player

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,016 posts

I feel you mate. The speed on those fish are insane for sure. Mostly though it is cuz too many players got them as it was kinda easy. But generally it is not the best time for BBs rn. Some cruisers are having fun and the CVs that try to plug as many holes it is possible.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
151 posts
1,138 battles
4 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Going to try and be diplomatic, you are a new player. This means there are still plenty of things you can do to improve. First things first, the EU DD's are not the problem here, you are. Stop rushing up the tiers is a good start. Drop down a few tiers, learn about WASD hacks, work on map and situational awarness.

Rushing ?? like I said I did a round in a T4 BB so what rushing. I had a hard time to keep up the pace with the other ones. T4 BB doesn't rush.

O and no I'm not really a new player no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,166 posts
9,372 battles
Just now, lossi_2018 said:

I feel you mate. The speed on those fish are insane for sure. Mostly though it is cuz too many players got them as it was kinda easy. But generally it is not the best time for BBs rn. Some cruisers are having fun and the CVs that try to plug as many holes it is possible.

Speed is just about the only thing that you need to be worried about. The max damage is 10k on the tier 10. If anything these things should be what the BB's have been crying about for the past years, you can now survive a full salvo of torps, yay for you.

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,166 posts
9,372 battles
1 minute ago, GrazyC2 said:

Rushing ?? like I said I did a round in a T4 BB so what rushing. I had a hard time to keep up the pace with the other ones. T4 BB doesn't rush

Rushing up the tiers as in don't play tier 8 when you have 300 games. You have barely learned how to play the game and you are getting stomped by the top predators in the MM.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,016 posts
1 minute ago, ollonborre said:

Speed is just about the only thing that you need to be worried about. The max damage is 10k on the tier 10. If anything these things should be what the BB's have been crying about for the past years, you can now survive a full salvo of torps, yay for you.

A new BB player at t4 is understandably overwhelmed man. You do know how slow these ships are, come on. Yea they won't kill you at first but when you are attacked by 5-6 of them in low tier games, it is insane. Perspective and understanding. This will turn into an elitism thread and I don't like them at all. 

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
151 posts
1,138 battles
Just now, lossi_2018 said:

A new BB player at t4 is understandably overwhelmed man. You do know how slow these ships are, come on. Yea they won't kill you at first but when you are attacked by 5-6 of them in low tier games, it is insane. Perspective and understanding. This will turn into an elitism thread and I don't like them at all. 

No problem is they rush in type an answer without reading what is written they react only on the headline that is written. That's the problem with the forum they only read the headlines not what is written beneath it...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
151 posts
1,138 battles

But again it was a LOW TIER BATTLESHIP ( LOW TIER ) getting torped by an EU Destroyer and one or two torps you may survive but these EU DD's pooping out 8 or 10 of these things and a LOW TIER BATTLESHIP will not outrun that !! 10 ours or 600 ours gameplay doesn't matter !!!

No LOW TIER BATTLESHIP WILL OUTRUN 52 KNOT TORPS and for real 8 off them... 

  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,166 posts
9,372 battles
1 minute ago, lossi_2018 said:

A new BB player at t4 is understandably overwhelmed man. You do know how slow these ships are, come on. Yea they won't kill you at first but when you are attacked by 5-6 of them in low tier games, it is insane. Perspective and understanding. This will turn into an elitism thread and I don't like them at all. 

But I don't see how the EU DD's suddenly cause so much havoc, when you have all the other tier 3-4 DD's doing basically the same thing but with more torps on certain ships and more damage. Yeah there are more of them in the matchmaker currently but again, I fail to see how they are such a massive issue now when for the last years we had more powerful lower tier DD's with more favourable conditions.

 

And this is not elitism, but new players including myself are/were overwhelmed by everything until it could either be explained or we learnt how to handle that situation.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,016 posts
3 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

But I don't see how the EU DD's suddenly cause so much havoc, when you have all the other tier 3-4 DD's doing basically the same thing but with more torps on certain ships and more damage. Yeah there are more of them in the matchmaker currently but again, I fail to see how they are such a massive issue now when for the last years we had more powerful lower tier DD's with more favourable conditions.

 

And this is not elitism, but new players including myself are/were overwhelmed by everything until it could either be explained or we learnt how to handle that situation.

I was expressing a fear of this turning into such a thread, not accusing. I agree as I said perspective and understanding. The influx of dds and new type of ships with gimmicks is making it difficult for new players to learn while they are trying to play and have fun. This is a scary game despite appearances and quite stressful for most people. Looking from afar, it is not the biggest prob rn (desync is imo) but it is affecting all new people or returning veterans. Too many new ships. Rest I agree as I said :)

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
151 posts
1,138 battles
3 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

But I don't see how the EU DD's suddenly cause so much havoc, when you have all the other tier 3-4 DD's doing basically the same thing but with more torps on certain ships and more damage. Yeah there are more of them in the matchmaker currently but again, I fail to see how they are such a massive issue now when for the last years we had more powerful lower tier DD's with more favourable conditions.

 

And this is not elitism, but new players including myself are/were overwhelmed by everything until it could either be explained or we learnt how to handle that situation.

The early DD's launched 2 or 3 or highly 4 torps at low tier and wide spread so you didn't hit all off them at once, the eu ships launches 6 or 8 torps in line and a low tier BB won't turn very fast so all 8 will hit you and believe me you will die. nomather how many game hours you played

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
4,226 posts
17,691 battles
11 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

A new BB player at t4 is understandably overwhelmed man. You do know how slow these ships are, come on. Yea they won't kill you at first but when you are attacked by 5-6 of them in low tier games, it is insane. Perspective and understanding. This will turn into an elitism thread and I don't like them at all. 

Yes, but it's always been like that. Clemson - with its 12 full fat torpedoes - is much more of a problem for a BB than Klas Horn. In many ways the European DDs are an attempt at a DD rework - they're smaller, have weaker torps, can't hide in smoke, and aren't a mortal threat to BBs. 

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
28,155 posts
14,910 battles
23 minutes ago, GrazyC2 said:

T3,T4,T5,T6,T7,T8 Eu destroyers you gut to hate them when you are a BB captain !!

These guys lay down so much torps and fast you are to sluggish and to slow to turn.

I was doing for fun T4 BB in a random first off AP bounced off his decks well that ain't real it should put a hole in that thing.

Second secondary guns didn't do much damage on that guy, he freaking launched his torps my way, so a wall of torps came to me so freaking fast there was nothing I could do.

I really hope they going to change this otherwise do won't invite much new players. I can see why the other player said screw this game. I spoke to him on steam he said what kind of game has this ?

Still try to learn the darn game all I get is being destroyed by these these gunboats. There is no fun sailing a fortress if you getting pounded all the time.

Yeah I said that was a lot different few years back when a Battleship was a Battleship, but the destroyers started complaining and everything turned around. CV's are almost no mach for the destroyers.

Battleships are getting there citadels hit by destroyers with AP, but if a battleship shoots back one sticks the rest over pins witch I find strange... Yeah the game is screwed with all these EU DD's 

Not sure what the game testers test these days but they ain't doing a very fine job. I think that's why I do so much CO OP these days because Random ain't fun anymore...

When you are that close at Tier IV to a DD that your secondaries engage the DD, then your are TOO close to the DD.

Learn to dodge before you see the torps. Learn to use the right ammunition.

Be glad that the EU torps do only pitful damage. Other torps hit MUCH harder.

 

The rest is just rubbish...

  • back in the day BB had it harder vs DD, before radar, before increasing visibility of torps
  • CV can counter DD easily
  • DD cannot shoot citadels on BB, please stop dreaming
  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
151 posts
1,138 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

When you are that close at Tier IV to a DD that your secondaries engage the DD, then your are TOO close to the DD.

Learn to dodge before you see the torps. Learn to use the right ammunition.

Be glad that the EU torps do only pitful damage. Other torps hit MUCH harder.

 

The rest is just rubbish...

  • back in the day BB had it harder vs DD, before radar, before increasing visibility of torps
  • CV can counter DD easily
  • DD cannot shoot citadels on BB, please stop dreaming

I gut news for you my citadell was hit by a DD two times and I was out so yeah I wasn't dreaming. to bad didn't record it....

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,555 battles
15 minutes ago, GrazyC2 said:

I'm a cv player but that guy was an BB player

 

An how many other classes you have played? I'm asking because I regard Cv's as the most dishonest class in this game.....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,016 posts
Just now, GrazyC2 said:

I gut news for you my citadell was hit by a DD two times and I was out so yeah I wasn't dreaming. to bad didn't record it....

A torp hit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
151 posts
1,138 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

When you are that close at Tier IV to a DD that your secondaries engage the DD, then your are TOO close to the DD.

Learn to dodge before you see the torps. Learn to use the right ammunition.

Be glad that the EU torps do only pitful damage. Other torps hit MUCH harder.

 

The rest is just rubbish...

  • back in the day BB had it harder vs DD, before radar, before increasing visibility of torps
  • CV can counter DD easily
  • DD cannot shoot citadels on BB, please stop dreaming

O and CV's still have a bad day against the darn flag DD's provide but that's of topic

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×