Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GrazyC2

Ship XP

4 comments in this topic

Question

Players
151 posts
1,138 battles

I couldn't find any so thought I asked it here,

I have the Kaga I have 13 K research points on ship xp.

Now WG says you can research upgrades and after that research the next tier ship but that where I stop understanding it.

The next ship is 11.000 XP I have 13.200 ship xp but when selecting the next ship it says no you still need 10.600 xp to research this ship ???

So what do I not understand ? Or do you have to buy dublooms to set it to free xp and then you can research the next tier or can you only research the Japenese Carrier line ?

3 answers to this question

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,708 posts
14,194 battles

As Pete explained, Kaga is a premium and is not part of the tech trees regular ships, she does not lead to any other IJN CVs. The exp you earn on Kaga can only be converted into free exp at a cost of dubloons. You could then use the free exp to progress any ship you like, such as the IJN carriers, but you will still need to start from the bottom of the tree and work your way up.

Since converting exp on ships into free exp is very inefficient (25 exp per dubloon) it is typically better to simply grind the carrier line normally.

[CATS]
Players
28,219 posts
14,924 battles

Kaga is a premium and not part of a silver line that you can research.

You cannot reseach ships with her ship XP.

You can only generate Elite XP and use that for research or play the silver CV to advance to the next.

Players
3,019 posts

Kaga is a pretty lovely CV, so using her won't miss anything. Only real improvement comes with t10 Haku and Mid so it is a fine CV imo to have and use. But you can research silver CVs through the lines you have unlocked. Ranger is pretty good overall and Ryu one of the best in her tier (I like her a lot). Shoka and Lexi are improvements but it don't show as they face uptiered ships and talent (like Kaga). The latter is perhaps one reason that makes Kaga appear less OP but it is very good. I believe you have the answers from Pete as for the points.

Sign in to follow this