You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nick_Borse

Zara - the worst T7 paper ship! (in my opinion)

72 comments in this topic

[WOWRO]
Players
10 posts
5,701 battles

I don't want to upset anyone, but I found out after a few games that I was wrong to buy it. Cannons the same as the Italian ship T6 Trento !!!

Other opinions?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 3

[SHAFT]
Players
11,070 posts
9,477 battles

Not great not terrible... i think there are worse ships out there, and midtier ITA CAs have a bad reputation, which is not correct imo.

People just have a hard time going from HE spamming to SAP, luckily, i never was fond of spamming HE, so thats why i consider SAP to be a broken concept - its just too strong.

• Cool 2

Players
1,870 posts
3,544 battles

Nope, i actually like Zara

She's not paper tho, she's as real as everyone of us.

Zara1.jpg

and the guns aren't Trento's guns either; as they are 3 calibers longer (61 cm longer)

• Cool 9

[I-J-N]
Players
5,484 posts
Just now, DFens_666 said:

Not great not terrible... i think there are worse ships out there, and midtier ITA CAs have a bad reputation, which is not correct imo.

People just have a hard time going from HE spamming to SAP, luckily, i never was fond of spamming HE, so thats why i consider SAP to be a broken concept - its just too strong.

This can be a problem, but on the other hand, Zara is one of the few ships I find capable of actually fulfilling something a cruiser role in the game.

• Cool 3

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

Zara was a real ship. Zara is a good ship.

Zara's guns have way faster shells than Trento, with way better AP pen.

3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Imo, the main issue at mid tiers vs high tiers is that at high tiers, most ships have lots of minimal plating. at T6 and 7, you run into stuff like Fuso, Bayern, Sinop, ships that have weird armour layouts with random parts reinforced. So you either have plating strength memorised or you get frustrated.

Personally, I found mid tiers absolutely lulzy, hard to call these ships really week. Main thing to be considered, at T6 and 7, most cruisers don't really have the high tier tools to do great impact beyond dealing damage. Few can actually tank shells and most rely on dodging. Hydro is nice, but you cannot as easily get someone out of cap as with radar. AA is across the board garbage. Insofar, a ship that has good dodging abilities, good dpm and a get-out-of-jail smoke to survive to late-game cannot be ignored. Obviously though, at least Zara is up against some good competition at T7, with Myoko, Yorck, Algerie being not too shabby. But for randoms, it is perfectly serviceable.

10 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Only thing paper are the torp launchers.

• Cool 4

[CAIN]
Players
4,674 posts
19,806 battles
18 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Zara1.jpg

and the guns aren't Trento's guns either; as they are 3 calibers longer (61 cm longer)

Are you sure that all of us are real? ^^

On topic: She is one of the best TVII ships in the game and quite a looker.

• Cool 3

Players
6,058 posts
12,082 battles
33 minutes ago, Nick_Borse said:

I don't want to upset anyone, but I found out after a few games that I was wrong to buy it. Cannons the same as the Italian ship T6 Trento !!!

Other opinions?

I really disliked her at first, but then I gave it a 19pt commander and Flamuu's build and I got her working now.

It's certainly not for the braindead. The tier 5 in that line is the one I really hated because it felt so useless that even Omaha felt amazing compared to that piece of dung.

Small note about what I also don't like about that line is that it seems to be the best line overall to get yourself painted pink with :Smile-_tongue:

Players
3,085 posts
17,528 battles

Midtier Italian CAs are MM dependent and dealing damage to non-DD targets is a chore.

I hated my tier 5-7. Amalfi got a bit better, Brinidisi and Venezia are beasts.

Heavy DD games= good carry potential

Heavy BB games = terrible carry potential

• Cool 2

[-LD-]
Players
221 posts
8,989 battles

After the Trento, Zara is pure gold - I enjoyed playing it, enjoying Amalfi and look forward to the rest of the line.

[RONIN]
Players
460 posts
4,258 battles

I am close to finish grinding her, well its not bad ,not terrible. Its "diffrent" , long reload, not that great turn rate, not possible to fire ships. On the other hand, long torpedoes, great dmg even against battleships, sometimes it feels real tough, unlike other tier 7 ships I had. I would put her somewhere in the middle if not maybe above middle tier 7s.

You have to adopt to her different gameplay, thats it, after that you will like her.

Edit: 

Other tier 7s I ve played,

-Schors is really paper ship, every hit no matter where goes a lot of my HP

-Helena, great fast guns but no range, and also squishy

-New Orleans, definitely the worst, really strong AP but thats all he has, paper hull, slow turn rate, slow acceleration, feels like a new paper mexico. 

Players
2,305 posts
31,466 battles
8 minutes ago, optimal_909 said:

After the Trento, Zara is pure gold - I enjoyed playing it, enjoying Amalfi and look forward to the rest of the line.

which means you will love Venezia.

Players
843 posts
1 hour ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Are you sure that all of us are real? ^^

On topic: She is one of the best TVII ships in the game and quite a looker.

I'm not real, you must have imagined me.

On topic: she's certainly not bad to look at, although I for one am not a great fan of those squinty Italian turrets; they mounted both guns to the same cradle, you know.

Either way, working towards her myself, will be on to the Monty shortly...

[SHAD]
Players
2,936 posts
12,673 battles

Trento is poor

Zara is ok

Amalfi is good

Brindisi is very good.

Venezia is excellent. 

Keep going with the line, it gets better.

• Cool 1

Players
2,264 posts
14,115 battles

Zara was the first ship in line that I liked to play. Next t8 was just better and then T9 even better with Valencia being a bit retarded on the top. Not many games in random as I play her enough to get bored in CB (I haven't got Stalin, Halland or Haku:cap_haloween:). 

Players
257 posts
8,210 battles

I don't think Zara is bad. But can be very frustrating sometimes. Everybody says it gets better. And Venezia its  quite OP. 

[BBMM]
Players
6,366 posts
8,552 battles

All weekend got mostly T8/9 games. so...

Had games where I got blapped pretty soon... 2500k damage... also had some where I got 70.

The most wonderful 9ahem) was thate even in those 2500k games I was far from being last in the team... :cap_wander_2:

What I think of Zara? Well... There is a Venezia at the end... :Smile_trollface:

[R3B3L]
Players
537 posts
12,274 battles
5 hours ago, Nick_Borse said:

Other opinions?

I love the Zara, great cruiser and a huge fun. Give her a chance!

[LEEUW]
Players
2,630 posts
10,280 battles

Zara is one of the few ships i skipped with Free XP. What an aweful ship. Meh firepower and meh shell velocity. Amalfi was a joy to play after the Zara.

Players
75 posts
3,858 battles

I can say the same regarding Trento and Zara. I even sold Trento as soon as possible. Too slim, too vulnerable. But I still like my Guissano very much.

I like exotic cruisers like the French and the Italian, not at least for their sleek design. If you say the next Tiers in this tree branch will be even better I will stick to that one.

Handling is good but you have to tread very carefully with your Zara otherwise **boom* (almost like in real life with my Petra...).

Cheers

Norbert