Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
woppy101

Is there something glitchy going on with aiming

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
550 posts
9,093 battles

Is there something glitchy going on with aiming? All of a sudden since the last patch volleys I would be hitting with ease are falling short not by a little but by a lot, I know how to aim and am quite good at it but something hasn’t felt right since the last patch, also is the zoom normal I don’t use any mods do do with zooming in(don’t even know if there are any) but the max zoom feels further away now 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,074 posts
12,860 battles

Those shells falling short happens since a few patches - best is to send replay with timestamp to Customer-Support as they're still collecting situations afaik. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POP]
Players
637 posts
12,498 battles

Grinded some coop for legendary modules and noticed even bots falling short very often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
352 posts
11,571 battles

yeah as said above, its another common bug with the aiming, that has been around for the last few patches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,838 posts
11,251 battles

I actually think, OP is on to something - it got worse.

I ran into the same stuff in clanwars. What was even more mind boggeling: I cross checked with the torpedo aim and the torpedo aim showed TOTAL bollocks. BUT - what the torpedo aim showed was actually consistent with where my shells flew. I took some screens. That Stalin is moving slow ahead. You can use the buoy as a reference point where my shells should land - yet volley after volley flies left of it. Now here is the interesting thing: the torpedo aim shows WAY LEFT aswell for no apparent reason.

 

image.thumb.png.1d711eb2f9246a5e1f42a226b3b6fa26.png

 

image.png.5d64e5709e7f2fc95732680648f21a0a.png

 

image.png.cf3e84d1750d3a513b9d5d866751f892.png

image.png.982b621857ab61095a4d0ff4c43d2d61.png

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,019 posts

I switched completely to gut aiming. I shoot where I feel the ships are going now and not where it shows on screen as the desync during certain hrs is unreal. I have desync when I line up drop boom on bot sailing straight coming in from its nose. Not talking hitting bad rng and not scoring cits. I'm talking aiming the cross at its center and the booms dropping in front of its nose while you fly over it. 

 

you see a ship and its two ships back or ahead from where it supposed to

 

* edit some stuff for clarity, probably made it worse haha :D

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,484 posts
1 minute ago, lossi_2018 said:

I switched completely to gut aiming. I shoot where I feel the ships are going now and not where it shows on screen as the desync during certain hrs is unreal. I have desync when I line up drop boom on bot sailing straight coming in from its nose. Not talking hitting bad rng and not scoring cits. I'm talking aiming the cross at its center and the booms dropping in front of its nose while you fly over it. 

 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,557 battles
56 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Yes.

 

Desync I believe is the technical term for one such issue.

That''s the correct term. Because there are more than one issue, actually.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JJR]
Players
62 posts
3,919 battles

Yep noticing it to. Also noticed a sharp increase in the amount of overpens im getting now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weekend Tester
849 posts
10,048 battles

I've given up trying waterline/citadel shots, as all the shots seem to snap down into the water instead of being evenly distributed up and down.

 

 

The desync problem is also very noticeable in games - extra lead required on most targets. Incidentally, WoT has the same problem, but gets around it by offering "server reticule" in the settings. With server and client reticules both running, you can see just how big the server lag/desync is sometimes.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,484 posts
37 minutes ago, Watchman35 said:

Yep noticing it to. Also noticed a sharp increase in the amount of overpens im getting now.

 

Likewise.. and I mean especially when hitting BB's as well..:Smile_sad:

 

minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

WoT has the same problem, but gets around it by offering "server reticule" in the settings. With server and client reticules both running, you can see just how big the server lag/desync is sometimes.

 

Yes.. but for me that option is like watching a karaoke video...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
550 posts
9,093 battles
2 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

It's quite funny when you see incoming HE shells, and then you begin to burn 1 or 2 secs before they actually hit you.

Pain in the arse more like, the more changes WG make the more they break other things 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,484 posts
2 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

It's quite funny when you see incoming HE shells, and then you begin to burn 1 or 2 secs before they actually hit you.

 

If we will see things gradually deteriorating further, there will be a time when we get to see the battle results when starting the battle. Would actually save me a lot of time and trouble most times....:Smile_hiding:

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NECRO]
Players
1,715 posts
Vor 20 Minuten, woppy101 sagte:

Pain in the arse more like, the more changes WG make the more they break other things 

No kidding. I was cruising in my Yamato and saw that puny Cleveland firing HE at me, and when the shells reached their apex - HALF WAY to me - my ship caught fire. I had already doused it when the shells impacted. Hilarious.

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
550 posts
9,093 battles
10 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

No kidding. I was cruising in my Yamato and saw that puny Cleveland firing HE at me, and when the shells reached their apex - HALF WAY to me - my ship caught fire. I had already doused it when the shells impacted. Hilarious.

As far as WG is concerned it’s working as intended 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,019 posts
46 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

No kidding. I was cruising in my Yamato and saw that puny Cleveland firing HE at me, and when the shells reached their apex - HALF WAY to me - my ship caught fire. I had already doused it when the shells impacted. Hilarious.

Did the Cleavage caught any big shells after that? you've left out all the juicy parts :D :cap_look:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NECRO]
Players
1,715 posts
Vor 1 Minute, lossi_2018 sagte:

Did the Cleavage caught any big shells after that? you've left out all the juicy parts :D :cap_look:

Got facef***ed by half a dozen hard 18.1-inchers... :Smile_playing:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,058 posts
12,082 battles
12 hours ago, woppy101 said:

Is there something glitchy going on with aiming? All of a sudden since the last patch volleys I would be hitting with ease are falling short not by a little but by a lot, I know how to aim and am quite good at it but something hasn’t felt right since the last patch, also is the zoom normal I don’t use any mods do do with zooming in(don’t even know if there are any) but the max zoom feels further away now 

I've noticed this happen to me several times the last few days. I thought it was just on my end and didn't think much of it.

 

It seemed to happen more if I was also playing around with the zoom. I was not potatoing the shift key & aim, but it seemed to get fixed if I did not zoom out as much (though this comes at the cost of situational awareness).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,557 battles
1 minute ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I've noticed this happen to me several times the last few days. I thought it was just on my end and didn't think much of it.

 

It seemed to happen more if I was also playing around with the zoom. I was not potatoing the shift key & aim, but it seemed to get fixed if I did not zoom out as much (though this comes at the cost of situational awareness).

Yep.  ONE of the aimbugs IS somehow related to zooming in/out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UA-NF]
Players
427 posts
7,385 battles

sometimes it's hard to tell what direction enemy ships is moving. You shoot right on ship but shells land behind, so it must be turning towards me, but you check with minimap and it's actually turning out. I had few games where I was adjusting each shot with minimap, because zoom felt blurred out, you see ships but no idea where are they going.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×