Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Skyee_8492

Ark Royal "Historical" Camouflage

3 comments in this topic

[91-BS]
Players
170 posts

NEED HELP

So I'm building a model of the HMS Ark Royal & I'm having some trouble finding any images of this "historical" camouflage. I have a few model warships in my collection and i don't want them to be all grey so I've decided to paint various camo schemes to for color diversity.  Originally i was writing this for some help if anybody who reads this has this so called "historical" camo, i'd much appreciate some screen shots cause i can't find any of the other side which i assume is mirrored but also some bridge close ups and some stern shots cause all i can find are these 2 and a couple of others which are all bow shots of various angles which brings me onto my next point.

I will say i'm making this as an assumption but why WG present this as an historical camouflage of the Ark Royal? Literally as i was typing this out i made one last ditch attempt to try find images of this camo before putting this out there. Low and behold, an image caught my eye and after clicking this link it turns out this so called "Historical Camouflage" isn't really historical as it seems. I mean yeah you could say its an historical camouflage but its not for the Ark Royal, Its for Illustrious!  It's called MS4a Camo carried from 1940-42 & is not symmetrical but what i don't understand and I'm basing this on a lack of not knowing FYI but why present this as an historical camouflage when it isn't because I'm assuming WG isn't presenting of as an Illustrious camo for the Ark Royal and if that's the case it's very misleading which is why i can't find any images of this but also personally speaking disrespectful calling it historical when it isn't, Not for this ship. It's cheeky & i don't want to ring this bell for to long but what exactly is WoWs trying to be? Historically accurate? <LOL definitely not, Partly historical accurate where WG feels necessary?  Making it up? It's all a little confusing since WG pride themselves in the topic but they do things like that which to me seems dishonest. It seems to me the focus has gone from trying accuracy initially to now just moving into making it up. 

Like I've said, This is mainly assumption but i wouldn't rule it out but to the original point & if you've made this far. Some Screenshots if you have this camo would greatly be appreciated. 

2rjw813f8ng31-1024x576.jpg

cc7a100fe4ae17c243a2a104622192f94255e63e.jpg

image-asset.png

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,074 posts
12,889 battles
1 hour ago, Skyee_8492 said:

I mean yeah you could say its an historical camouflage but its not for the Ark Royal, Its for Illustrious!

And that's why this camo is called "historical" because RN used it. All the pictures I know or can research of AR don't have any dedicated or special camouflage on her. 

And this here would be just "boring" imho. 

f753c28e-e10f-11e9-8efd-38eaa735f4cc.jpg 

WG wants to be as accurate as possible and useful for the game. Personally I think you're taking things too serious.

• Cool 1

[91-BS]
Players
170 posts
29 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

And that's why this camo is called "historical" because RN used it. All the pictures I know or can research of AR don't have any dedicated or special camouflage on her. 

And this here would be just "boring" imho. 

f753c28e-e10f-11e9-8efd-38eaa735f4cc.jpg 

WG wants to be as accurate as possible and useful for the game. Personally I think you're taking things too serious.

I see your point but i personally wouldn't call it historical, its loosely historical. It's more of a throwback or paying homage but definitely not historical in my sense of the word. Maybe they should have pegged as "MS4a Type" camo rather than historical. 

I mean sure Ark's actual camo isn't all that but i can live with it due to its historical accuracy & that's personally what i like, Accuracy. 

Sign in to follow this