orgerix

How to build CV

6 comments in this topic

[DAKKA]
Beta Tester
13 posts
3,528 battles

Hi there.

Started to play again WoWs since a few week and I am starting to get accustomed to the new CV rework.

I have a few questions about what to put on them.

- how import is concealment expert? I feel it does not matter at all on the planes, expect if you go for the Haku (which I don't own) stealth drop build , and you can work without it with careful positioning. I would like to not spend 4 skill points in something situational at best

- how does torpedo speed affect their arming? I read somewhere that the arming was time based, so paradoxally, faster torpedo make them easier to dodge (same time to react, but with more space to work with)

- I was thinking Demo export would be really good, but when looking at the number, it seems tthat the fire chance of USN is already so high that the effect is marginal at best (and of course, only work on IJN rocketts) so it seems it is only good on RN CV

- I saw people advising to take torpedo bomber/attack aircraft mod 1 to increase attack time which make little sense to me, as you want to spend the least time in attack mode since dodging the flak is the hardest.

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,168 posts
9,378 battles

This is what I run on the Haku:

Spoiler

469d90e3d5.jpg

CE works because it gives you just enough stealth on your torpedo bombers to spot the highest range AA ships as soon as they open up and giving them no advanced warning. But apart from CE and camo I don't build purely for stealth as the additional planes module (can't remember the name) is a bit more useful. The torpedoes are plenty fast enough and really easy to use, this applies to all IJN CV's so torpedo acceleration is not needed. 

And this is my Midway:

Spoiler

a4d493ed4d.jpg

I picked demo expert here anyways because 2 out of 3 squadrons benefit from it and there is not much else worth spending points on. If you want a core build go aircraft servicing-plane speedd- aircraft armour-sight stabilization. When it comes to the Midway and US CV's in general they are not exactly sneaky, so concealment build is often a waste. Better to just go all out in striking power. And even with torpedo acceleration your arming distance is quite short and the extra speed helps.

As for the module suggestion, I run attack aircraft time on the Hakury because if I have a rough idea where a DD is and it's AA is turned off, I can start my attack and be ready to strike once he pops into view instead of having to turn around or risk missing.

When it comes to arming distance the best of both worlds is decently fast torps and short arming distance. IJN have fast torps but slightly longer arming distance, the rest have slow torps with short arming distance. IJN needs to drop further away but the speed once the torps arm often catch people off guard, not to mention it is easier to lead thanks to said speed.

[DAKKA]
Beta Tester
13 posts
3,528 battles

Thqnks for you reply.

As curiosity, what would you un on the Audacious? I expect something similar to the Midway.

Also, what element do you run on a third slot on the midway? Can't really decide as neither seems to offer a meaningful buff.

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,168 posts
9,378 battles
20 hours ago, orgerix said:

Thqnks for you reply.

As curiosity, what would you un on the Audacious? I expect something similar to the Midway.

Also, what element do you run on a third slot on the midway? Can't really decide as neither seems to offer a meaningful buff.

I would run a similar build on the Audacious, this is my Ark Royal build currently and it is really similar to the Midway:

Spoiler

936f1552a9.jpg

On the Midway and by extent the other US CV's I have not really decided because in truth none of the upgrades hardly matter. Increased attack time for torp bombers kind of work on the Midway since the aimtime is pretty long so you can start your run further away or over islands without fear of running out of time, torpedo speed is also a neglible change, strike craft is fast enough and secondaries is pointless as you will never get into secondary range anyways.

Torp speed or torpedo attack time are pretty much the only ones that I would slot, but they don't exactly provide anything for me. Your choice really.

[DAKKA]
Beta Tester
13 posts
3,528 battles

Thanks a lot. I happen to have a torp attack time in my inventory, so I will put it.

Players
403 posts
9,075 battles

Yep, I run the same build like ollonborre on my Auda and Midway only Haku is different 

Sign in to follow this