Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Dunc_

American Premiums Reviewed Pt.2 - FAKE NEWS

14 comments in this topic

[SM0KE]
Players
6,220 posts
14,732 battles
19 minutes ago, _Dunc_ said:

underpants made of hornets.

If I could give more than one upvote, I would, if only for this.

Splendid post, sir!

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
2,992 posts
17,341 battles

Honestly, I disagree with your Wichita verdict. That ship is still very powerfull, even when uptiered. It has great concealement to go with amazing guns. Sure AA is outdated, but I mean, which cruiser doesn't have outdated AA?

Also:

Musthave.thumb.jpg.2bf41a14d653b6f5b05393b5c6634316.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
144 posts
3,059 battles

Very interesting topic. Id like the historial review to be a bit longer, but maybe that messed up the whole idea of short historical review-short ingame review. 

Ps: have fun with the historical part if you ever do soviet one. 

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,742 posts
6,714 battles
13 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

Obligatory 'Murica:

To be fair, deep fried snickers in bacon could just as easily be Scottish.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,174 posts
6,418 battles

Missouri, inaccurate? What? Its one of the best tier 9 BBs in the game, together with Iowa. Ridicolously reliable and idioticly accurate guns, you just need to know how to aim.

You also forgot to add the fact that Salem is also a museum ship :fish_book:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
321 posts
8,861 battles
1 hour ago, Floofz said:

Missouri, inaccurate? What? Its one of the best tier 9 BBs in the game, together with Iowa. Ridicolously reliable and idioticly accurate guns, you just need to know how to aim.

You also forgot to add the fact that Salem is also a museum ship :fish_book:

I sometimes wonder if I've got a broken one - even with the Artillery Plotting 2, I find it shotguns shells off in all directions, with the added insult of overpenning/autobouncing the ones that do arrive.

For example, literally just played one - 144 fired at all ranges down to 4km in endgame, 26 hits, for... wait for it... 70k dmg, including 2 citadels.

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,174 posts
6,418 battles
31 minutes ago, _Dunc_ said:

I sometimes wonder if I've got a broken one - even with the Artillery Plotting 2, I find it shotguns shells off in all directions, with the added insult of overpenning/autobouncing the ones that do arrive.

For example, literally just played one - 144 fired at all ranges down to 4km in endgame, 26 hits, for... wait for it... 70k dmg, including 2 citadels.

Usually when you get bad dispersion its because your aim is off and the game tries to compensate your aim by increasing dispersion. Its a n00b protection mechanic that I really wished wasnt in the game. The most common failure when playing US BBs is just that, aiming badly. The shells are rather slow, you need to be extra careful and precise with your aiming to prevent above mechanic. I struggled a lot with Missouri when I first got her aswell a long time ago, but Ive gotten better and the last few games Ive had Ive done around 150k damage. Feels so extremely reliable compared to most if not all other BBs (none US BBs).

[H_FAN]
Players
2,665 posts
44,207 battles
5 hours ago, _Dunc_ said:

Salem

Hide contents

IRL Boat: Sister to the Des Moines. Post war boat, so nothing much else to say

Verdict: It's a slightly different Des Moines. Starts fires, troll armour head on... was good until the last AA nerf made it as vulnerable to a determined CV player as an Asashio with a 1 point captain. 

You forgot to add that she is a movie star. Acting as Graf Spee, Yes fighting with RN Cruisers in the Battle of the River Plate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Battle_of_the_River_Plate_(film)

• Cool 3

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,467 posts
20,573 battles
8 hours ago, _Dunc_ said:

Verdict: Enterprise AP Bombs: The most reliable method of farming neg reps.  

2UDWJTg.gif

Sign in to follow this