Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Silent_Hunter94

Queen Elizabeth, How does this ship works?

14 comments in this topic

Players
50 posts
5,296 battles

I have played 15 to 20 battles in the Queen Elizabeth. How exactly to play this ship, because it seems to me it works just opposite of how battleship plays. I get shattered, bounced and over pen and maybe 2 pens on using AP. When I use HE against cruisers, i get citadels at min every 10 shell hits. Should I use HE all the time? Because even Kuma can bounce or shatter my AP shells.

Beta Tester
939 posts
10,315 battles

Patience, and look at the ninimap for broadsides.

You should shoot AP on all battleships and cruisers in the game exept if they are bow-in.

[CATS]
Players
28,207 posts
14,924 battles
3 minutes ago, Silently_Hunting said:

I have played 15 to 20 battles in the Queen Elizabeth. How exactly to play this ship, because it seems to me it works just opposite of how battleship plays. I get shattered, bounced and over pen and maybe 2 pens on using AP. When I use HE against cruisers, i get citadels at min every 10 shell hits. Should I use HE all the time? Because even Kuma can bounce or shatter my AP shells.

She has 381mm, accurate guns.

She is one of the few RN BB that work really well with AP. Yes, her HE is still powerful, but her AP is stronger.

Look for broadsides. Position yourself that you see more broadsides.

• Cool 2

[SHAD]
Players
2,962 posts
12,695 battles

Turn the rudder to aim your guns rather than the turrets, it’s faster.

Good accurate guns though,  use AP as much as possible.

Players
50 posts
5,296 battles
1 minute ago, gopher31 said:

Turn the rudder to aim your guns rather than the turrets, it’s faster.

Good accurate guns though,  use AP as much as possible.

Yeah, I have learnt that lesson with Iron duke.

Players
50 posts
5,296 battles
12 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

Patience, and look at the ninimap for broadsides.

You should shoot AP on all battleships and cruisers in the game exept if they are bow-in.

Tried that, all i got was shatters/over pens/bounce. Will give it a go again for 10 battles atleast.

Players
50 posts
5,296 battles
10 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

She has 381mm, accurate guns.

She is one of the few RN BB that work really well with AP. Yes, her HE is still powerful, but her AP is stronger.

Look for broadsides. Position yourself that you see more broadsides.

HE is badass. I will try to play with AP only for few battles, becuase after playing for 2 battles, I juts started using HE all the time, except broadsides.

Beta Tester
939 posts
10,315 battles
2 minutes ago, Silently_Hunting said:

Tried that, all i got was shatters/over pens/bounce. Will give it a go again for 10 battles atleast.

I think a common misconception is to always shoot citadels on everything, but a lot of ships has underwater citafdel which is impossible to hit from short range, in that case you will deal much more dmg if you hit the armored belts when broadside.

• Cool 1

Players
1,052 posts
15,102 battles

She can* overmatch the common 26mm bow armour. If you're a good shot. And RNG blesses your dispersion. I.E. if you're at close range. Because if you hit 30mm deck armour or turrets they'll probably bounce. Otherwise she has British 1/4 HE penetration giving 95mm penetration without bouncing or overpens. You might be called 'noob', but her damage output will be more consistent that way.

Players
7,252 posts
245 battles

May main gripe with her is, her survivability and also bloody turret traverse, just wish her turret traverse wasn't so god awfully bad.

Otherwise my winrate is hilariously bad in her with 97 game ast 44% lol.

[CAIN]
Players
4,682 posts
19,819 battles
1 hour ago, Silently_Hunting said:

It's actually quite easy.

You select the QE, take a good look at her, then you select a soviet BB and press battle.

During the  battle, you pretend to be sailing the QE.

You'll have tons of fun!

You're welcome!

• Funny 2

[SHAFT]
Players
11,102 posts
9,497 battles
1 hour ago, Silently_Hunting said:

That sounds kinda weird, how do you only get overpens with RN shortfuse AP?

You basicly have to learn, which ships have squishy armor, you can basicly pen them from every angle. Which are a lot of T6-7 BBs, but T8 BBs are different, they all have 32mm plating. If they are properly angled, nothing you can do about that, you will ricochet.

Make a training room, take stationary bots like KGV and Monarch. Then shoot those from all possible angled see what happens.

That AP is devastating against Cruisers, you wont overpen them at their citadel. If you get so many overpens, you gotta aim lower.

Sign in to follow this