Sign in to follow this  
Ahmeni

Good videos to take examples from?

14 comments in this topic

[AM-PT]
Players
41 posts
1,509 battles

Can you recommend any gameplay videos showing how to deal well with certain common situations? Like avoiding pursuit in DD, surviving DD rush in BB or dealing with stacks?

Players
885 posts

There's lots of stuff out there Take a look at IChace  gaming he does a lot of instructional stuff that is very good, For game play have a look at Adm_Ballsey (I think I got that right) Goes by the name Carbine Carlito a Community Contributor he does balanced ship reviews and how to play a ship video's with no real salt involved which is nice.

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
1,597 posts
21,264 battles
56 minutes ago, Ahmeni said:

Like avoiding pursuit in DD, surviving DD rush in BB or dealing with stacks?

-Too varied to really condense in a video (i might be wrong and there is a good one but I'm not aware of one),

gist is to run for your allies, such that the enemy ship in pursuit will take enough fire to force it to disengage (BB and CA/CL)

or would likely take too much damage to make it worth it's time (enemy DD or stealthy rader cruiser), while never be caught sailing towards the enemy yourself (if you're sufficiently low)

-Again varied by the situation (same caveat as above), the universal move is to turn away and run from the DD.

If you have no time for that or would die in the turn that the DD has already outplayed you and you maneuvered yourself into a bad situation to begin with. (I could elaborate if you wish)
(Basically if you can't run from the DD to gain time to kill it and help you dodge the DD deserves the kill)

-what do you mean by stack ?

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,175 posts
9,431 battles
11 minutes ago, rnat said:

-what do you mean by stack ?

AA blobs maybe? 

If that is the case OP, the way you deal with stacks is unless you are a unicum CV player you don't deal with stacks directly. Find something else to target (there is always another target) or just keep the blob spotted and strike whatever is at the edge of it.

[AM-PT]
Players
41 posts
1,509 battles

Yeah, I didn't mean sth like universal guide. Just some examples to look at. Good movement habits, how to position a ship (unlike other games not only position but also direction you're facing and moving to matters here). How to evade fire effectively, when to use consumables like smoke or repair party, etc.
I agree situation vary a lot, I'm not looking for solutions, more like which things tend to work and which do not, so I can make solutions on my own.
And by stack I mean a bunch ships keeping together and using their firepower like one huge unit. I've seen many of those done with BBs in T7 games. Today I've seen one in T4/T5 where 4 DDs went together and spammed unavoidable waves of torpedoes (I went along with them and we just steamrolled around the map, pushing enemy BBs and cruisers back all the time until they lost). I would just call that a division play, but not all divisions behave like that. And the one I got into, we didn't even communicate much, just timed our launches to go at the same time.
Funny thing is, it's something almost like "strat of a day". One day almost everyone seems to be doing something, another day it's gone, they're doing sth else. One day BB  clumps, other day it's BBs pairing with DDs and rushing mid, another everybody camps.

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,175 posts
9,431 battles

Dealing with those types of "stacks" then as you describe, the answer is suprisingly simple and yet really annoying to get to work in randoms: focus fire. If they move in a big unit you need to reduce their firepower as quickly as possible, so try to single out a ship and just focus that until it is gone. Don't let it disengage or think that someone else will kill it, because by doing that you will find yourself in front of a ton of really damaged ships but still outnumbered and you will still go down.

Some of this disappear the higher the tiers you go, when hydro becomes more readily avaliable and the introduction of radar, meaning DD's can't as effectively carpet torp an area with little risk.

The rest is kind of tricky to give accurate advice on. Positioning is one of the most important skills to have but it comes with trial and error. In general a good position is where you can influence the map/match by several ways. For example if you can reach a cap in time to recap it if it falls into enemy hands and still being able to fire at the enemy, then that is a better position than if you can just farm damage or suicide rush into a cap. Or if you are in a BB you should be able to soak some damage for your team while still being able to deny areas with the threat of broadside shots. 

Smoke is best used defensively for torpedo boats and offensively for gunboats. Smoking up your allies can be valid, just don't waste too much time smoking up a random BB. The BB will get instaspotted as soon as it fires anyways and that will just be a wasted smoke. You can try if you like but I personally don't smoke up any BB I can't communicate with.

Best way to really get tips is to post some replays and we can perhaps give advice out of those replays.

[AM-PT]
Players
41 posts
1,509 battles
52 minuty temu, motor_g_b napisał:

There's lots of stuff out there Take a look at IChace  gaming he does a lot of instructional stuff that is very good, For game play have a look at Adm_Ballsey (I think I got that right) Goes by the name Carbine Carlito a Community Contributor he does balanced ship reviews and how to play a ship video's with no real salt involved which is nice.

Thanks, I looked those up and will go trough them.

7 minut temu, ollonborre napisał:

The rest is kind of tricky to give accurate advice on.

Yeah, I've come to the same conclusion, that's why I'd like to see some examples.
Replays are tricky for me. I can post them, but I can't watch them. So I won't know exactly what I'm positing and won't be able to she the situation you're commenting on :(

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,175 posts
9,431 battles
5 minutes ago, Ahmeni said:

Replays are tricky for me. I can post them, but I can't watch them. So I won't know exactly what I'm positing and won't be able to she the situation you're commenting on :(

If you close down the game and go into the replay folder, simply double clicking on the replay should start it up automatically.

[AM-PT]
Players
41 posts
1,509 battles
2 minuty temu, ollonborre napisał:

If you close down the game and go into the replay folder, simply double clicking on the replay should start it up automatically.

It doesn't work on my computer. I get a crash with python parser error. I tried reinstalling the app, libraries it uses, no avail. I can try reinstalling whole Game Center, but didn't yet made up my mind to it.

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,445 posts
18,258 battles
55 minutes ago, Ahmeni said:

Yeah, I didn't mean sth like universal guide. Just some examples to look at. Good movement habits, how to position a ship (unlike other games not only position but also direction you're facing and moving to matters here). How to evade fire effectively, when to use consumables like smoke or repair party, etc.

I'd say that the only way to learn that is to play.

You're gonna waste alot of time watching vids that could be spent playing and learning the game. There are no substitute for experience.

• Cool 1

[AM-PT]
Players
41 posts
1,509 battles

Well, in general I always try to learn by practice. Problem is, in WoWS I often think I did everything right yet it doesn't work, so I'd like to observe a bit. Besides, there are times when I can't play, but I can watch a vid.

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,445 posts
18,258 battles
Just now, Ahmeni said:

Well, in general I always try to learn by practice. Problem is, in WoWS I often think I did everything right yet it doesn't work, so I'd like to observe a bit. Besides, there are times when I can't play, but I can watch a vid.

After you die in a game, stick around and learn from others. Looking for a vid that shows just the situation you're looking for is a needle in a haystack and what works for others might not work for you.

It's hard for me to boil down what I've learned after 15k games into a couple of sentences that will make you a good player. If you really want to learn then you have to be ready to spend a couple of years doing this.

There are no shortcuts.

• Cool 1

Players
1 post

when i start playing i spent two days in youtube :cap_wander:
watched so many videos as i can
when you start watch , after some days you start understand that good videos and other trash

I went back to looking at the tattoo. It was colorful and in what I considered a sexy spot, yet she rarely even wore sandals to show it off. Her toenails were painted black, and I noticed a silver ring around her middle toe.

Sam had once commented she had a boyfriend who liked her feet. I idly wondered if that was why she had gotten the tattoo and wore the ring. Not wanting to look like I was staring, I glanced up.

Sam had finished eating and was resting her head against the tree with her eyes closed. I'd meant what I said; she was cute. Sam never wore makeup but didn't seem to need to. Her skin was smooth and her cheeks had a natural color to them, and she had the longest eyelashes I'd ever seen this webcam xx show only on this site - https://livesex.bar/.

Those lashes, along with her huge brown eyes, she used to good effect on me, as well as her older siblings and her father. Her mother had the same eyes and would always tell Sam to knock it off, that she had created that look and was immune to it.

[LSCA]
Players
1,315 posts
11,472 battles

in old cassette tape game days when we had no youtube or internet, we learned self how to play the games, i don't understand this days people who search in youtube how to play a game

Sign in to follow this