Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
causalgamer

T22 Hydro

34 comments in this topic

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,133 posts
5,512 battles
6 minutes ago, causalgamer said:

since when?

Since thursday, ie was added this patch.

• Cool 2

Players
2,267 posts
14,125 battles

Liked her from the first game. My best t5 DD. Now will be even better. Not t61 level but still very good torpedo boat.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,133 posts
5,512 battles
40 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

gaede got one too, i'm almost tempted to play it after a couple of years.

almost

Gaede always had a one. It just used to only have it on the B hull, now it gets hydro on both hulls.

Players
3,019 posts
12 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Gaede always had a one. It just used to only have it on the B hull, now it gets hydro on both hulls.

ah okay then, I read it wrong obviously thanks Laf :) 

[FAILS]
Players
597 posts
20,695 battles

I don't think T-22 really needed hydro, I liked her before already, but it is nevertheless a welcome addition. She already had good concealment and decent torpedoes, balanced with her anaemic guns and slow speed. Gives her a bit more utility I guess. My favourite t5 DD (don't have any of the Kamikazes).

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,133 posts
5,512 battles
5 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

ah okay then, I read it wrong obviously thanks Laf :) 

No problem. :D

[JRM]
Players
7,058 posts
12 hours ago, causalgamer said:

I did pretty well with her without hydro now she is going to be a monster.

Yep IMO tier for tier the best german DD, now most definetly

• Cool 1

Players
2,267 posts
14,125 battles
4 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Silver that is. T61 is on another level of OPness. 

[JRM]
Players
7,058 posts
56 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

Silver that is. T61 is on another level of OPness. 

Yep I meant silver one ofc

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
10,245 posts
7,169 battles
5 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Are you serious? Haven’t played her in ages but T22 used to the worst stinker in the line. Should  I take her out again?

• Bad 1

[JRM]
Players
7,058 posts
7 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Are you serious? Haven’t played her in ages but T22 used to the worst stinker in the line. Should  I take her out again?

Well IMHO...

T2 is a meme as most in that tier are...

The T3 and 4 are reasonable albeit under armed ships...

T5 is decent overall although the floaty shells do ruin the overall impression a bit it still behaves as an actuall DD

T6 is ruined by its sheer size and clumsiness

T7 is ruined by being to weak and poorely armed for its tier

T8 is another meme,  I have cruises more nimble then this thing

T9 is just not strong enough to actually make use of its hydro although its better then T10

T10 well, we dont really need to discus T-52 dont we...

https://wows-numbers.com/ship/4179506992,Z-52/

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,187 posts
14,684 battles
On 5/16/2020 at 4:25 PM, causalgamer said:

since when?

Thanks for drawing this to my attention - I'd missed it.

Gave mine a run out earlier, and it was a monster (despite the vigorous attentions of a couple of T4 CVs for much of the battle); I think it does have a slightly unsporting advantage at the moment - judging by the Hill (?) I bushwhacked in its smoke, at least some people don't know about the hydro yet...

Edit: 31 plane kills too...!

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,253 posts
17,782 battles

Ah, German destroyers. Occasional moments of fun and days of misery. Too big, too slow, too undergunned. I'll be interested to see what WG have in store for that new premium, but it looks about two tiers too high.....

[-TPF-]
Players
4,253 posts
17,782 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

32mm pen with 128mm guns...

Is that the new one, then? It's quite interesting if they are giving the German DDs improved HE pen but the main line is still way outclassed by every other DD line. Those guns just don't cut it anymore... Tier V reload and HE damage won't do at Tiers VIII upwards. They should definitely take the hint from Haida and buff the high tier ships' shell damage. DD play has such short windows to make an impact, these days - can't do that with German guns which are slow to traverse and - unlike the Soviets - don't do much damage when they are on target.

Players
2,267 posts
14,125 battles

Took it for a spin twice. Sadly being bottom tier in t7 games with t6 CVs for a bonus I could barely spot and hope that my team will be able to farm enemy ships. My biggest contribution was just surviving and capping and even this wasn't easy. A few shots here and there plus spam of torps mostly dodget by enemy ships. Still I was lucky as I've won in both. By MM not by my own merit though. 

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,776 posts
21,233 battles
17 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Yes, do it. I have only an 8p captain on her and she is fun to play.

3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

No, T22 is not so good...

Because selectively showing the WR of ships is enough to say how good a ship is. Let's forget it's played mostly by new players. Let's forget that T5 is the first tier players get +2 MM. Let's forget in what state DDs are in thanks to CVs.

Sorry, but stats do not in any way describe the subjective fun of playing a particular ship.

59 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Is that the new one, then? It's quite interesting if they are giving the German DDs improved HE pen but the main line is still way outclassed by every other DD line. Those guns just don't cut it anymore... Tier V reload and HE damage won't do at Tiers VIII upwards. They should definitely take the hint from Haida and buff the high tier ships' shell damage. DD play has such short windows to make an impact, these days - can't do that with German guns which are slow to traverse and - unlike the Soviets - don't do much damage when they are on target.

Yes, the one with useless torps and British smoke. But, German DDs need a buff somewhere.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this