Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MutsuAraAra

Something desperately need to be done about overpens

6 comments in this topic

[BLUMR]
Players
23 posts
13,302 battles

So since last patch and especially this patch, scourge of overpens has become extremely problematic, and not just on the usual suspects, IE Smolensk, its everything. Just had a match of a Bagration being point blank range to me in my Lenin, two salvos, nothing but overpens. Or perhaps the most egregious example that has happened to me was a game I had in Puerto Rico, a broadside Des Moines, 10km away from me, I fire and get seven overpens....

This has got to stop, overpens are a plague, they allow players to get away with mistakes that otherwise should have gotten them killed.

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
11,982 battles

Well, the community( or some of them) got tired of this bull crap called HE SPAMER FROM 19KM OR MORE SETTING FIRES EACH SALVO. The answer was:

-SAP-semi armor piercing shells, they can ricochets at extreme angles,they cause no fires,the ship that use them have a long reload so they can not spam, however they get better penetration compared to the same caliber HE shells and deal more damage,and they can not over penetrate they re targets.=ALPHA CRUISER/GLASS CANNON.

Why I am bringing this up? Well because the Italian BBs will get SAP instead of HE=no more over pens, no more yolo destroyers. A ROMA BB is already in testing phase but it gets SAP instead of HE and it is called IMPERO.

So the solution to overpens would be SAP shell. 

PS:another one would be to stop releasing ship that get under water citadel, or a very hard hitting one or one that is way to armored to be citadeled reliably. 

Beta Tester
1,020 posts
16,335 battles
14 minutes ago, MutsuAraAra said:

nothing but overpens

14 minutes ago, MutsuAraAra said:

This has got to stop

Constant whines and cries about BB punishing mistakes of CA and DD, lowering the skill ceiling and introducing more RNG they managed to raise their surviveability, where a broadsided CA has more chances to survive instead of angling, thus giving more time for the shells to activate.

Enjoy the result.

[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,040 posts
6,245 battles

All classes are constant whining and so a lot of stupid changes happen to all classes.

That is how the community works, whining instead of learning.

[I-J-N]
Players
5,484 posts
2 hours ago, Azalgor said:

Constant whines and cries about BB punishing mistakes of CA and DD, lowering the skill ceiling and introducing more RNG they managed to raise their surviveability, where a broadsided CA has more chances to survive instead of angling, thus giving more time for the shells to activate.

Enjoy the result.

I could actually live with this, if the same solution would be applied to HE spam.

Sign in to follow this