Sign in to follow this  
anonym_j17GKWzHKZAZ

DeSync with 9.4

10 comments in this topic

Players
190 posts

Anyone else seeing the disgusting continuation of this de-sync B.S. getting worse? Today in a 3 man div we were all astounded by how bad it has got....... Are W.G. still "analysing" this "phenomenon" or is it..... meh - not important?????

• Cool 2

Players
372 posts
5,774 battles

You should listen to wg...

They said that it will take probably 2-3 Month to fix shell desync, because its a complicated problem. Bomb desync was fixed with this patch alredy.

Players
190 posts

There is more chance of me getting married to my ex-wife than me listening to WG & what they say..... of course it's "complicated"...... they caused it..... and a no brainer that CV bombs get priority as god forbid the poor unloved & undervalued CV players should suffer.......

• Cool 1

Players
5,384 posts
10,976 battles
6 minutes ago, WarthogABZ said:

There is more chance of me getting married to my ex-wife than me listening to WG & what they say..... of course it's "complicated"...... they caused it..... and a no brainer that CV bombs get priority as god forbid the poor unloved & undervalued CV players should suffer.......

"they caused it" - you know that all bugs are caused by developers? :D

I assume that the bomb desync is just easier to solve

Players
190 posts

I'm an old fart, I project managed in the IT industry (Software development|)  for 12 yrs before I got a haircut & a real job.......

Current issues are caused by a series of "knee jerk reactions" by well meaning people with NO plan or change management strategy or tools/ desire to track changes & a testing environment formulated in a sewer, yeah they (dev's) caused this cluster %$#k.

If they could "solve" the bomb issue equally as complicated (Physic's etc)........ no point really, they will find out soon enough.......

• Cool 2

[FAF]
[FAF]
Players
454 posts
17,712 battles
On 5/16/2020 at 3:15 PM, firerider202 said:

Bomb desync was fixed with this patch alredy.

Not really sorry.

[FAF]
[FAF]
Players
454 posts
17,712 battles
On 5/16/2020 at 2:16 PM, WarthogABZ said:

Anyone else seeing the disgusting continuation of this de-sync B.S. getting worse? Today in a 3 man div we were all astounded by how bad it has got....... Are W.G. still "analysing" this "phenomenon" or is it..... meh - not important?????

It has not been the highest priority at WG it is more important to spit out new ships.

Players
372 posts
5,774 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Cammo1962 sagte:

Not really sorry.

It is in the Patchnotes, carrier bombs should be fixed. shells are a different problem which wg cant solve in a week, and the new ships have no influence on the bug fixing department. Has not much to do with priorities.

[BDRO]
Players
82 posts
16,258 battles

The same for me. Hard desynchronization in the game. What more can I say .....

Players
322 posts

I mostly play Carriers in WOWS.

The phenomenon I have noticed I can describe as follows.

Player aircraft control is lost and re-established from one second to the next, when control is lost the player aircraft:

- Either scatter and start flying in circles;

- Or change direction;

- Or slow down (almost freeze in place or in fact freeze in place) after which they will be teleported to another location in a split second;

- Or will be teleported to another location.

When that happens during an attack run with Rockets/Bombs/Torpedoes these:

- Will either not be dropped at all;

- Or be released far behind the point they were released;

- Or be released in a totally different direction than they were released by me (the player) on the screen.

Other things that happen as a result of this:

- Entire Aircraft Squadrons being locked in place and totally or partially exploding when that happens near Flak concentrations;

- Ships will magically be teleported to another location after the "freeze" or "almost freeze" is over.

For me this started happening about two versions before 0.9.4.0.

So version 0.9.4.0 is now the third WOWS version in a row where this phenomenon is occuring.

The phenomenon can occur at any time during the match:

- At match start, during the match and near the end of the match;

- And it happens when there are many ships in play and when there are only few ships left in play.

I have experienced this phenomenon on two systems, an older but decent system and a brand new high end system. The connection used for play is modern and up to date, as well as the modem/router. No other online games played on these two systems have this problem. The phenomenon seems to be more or less a result of losing and re-establishing connection from one second to the next in WOWS. The origin of and cause of this phenomenon without a doubt lies with WOWS and not with the hardware, software and connection used because it only occurs in WOWS on my systems.

In the two WOWS versions before 0.9.4.0 this phenomenon was already quite noticable. It the previous versions this phenomenon did not occur during every match and it did not always last the whole match but could occur randomly during the match.

In version 0.9.4.0 however this phenomenon has become so bad that it now happens practically every match to the point that commanding Carrier Aircraft in WOWS is simply no longer reliably possible.

The result of all this is:

- Air attacks now cannot be effectively executed (I have to "guess" where my Aircraft are when I lose control over them due to this phenomenon and then fire and hope for the best, which as a work around is doable but it greatly diminishes my effectiveness in a match),

- Flak can no longer be reliably evaded by the Aircraft,

- Losing matches due to the above.

Due to all this WOWS for me as a Carrier Commander cannot be enjoyably played currently.

In today's matches this phenomenon has become so pronounced and bad that for me WOWS is for all intents and purposes no longer playable with Carriers.

I will not waste my time with contacting WOWS support because in my experience WOWS support will generally not offer any constructive and/or meaningful support with whatever issue is submitted to them, not even when it is a comparatively easy and trivial administrative matter let alone when it is a more "complex" technical issue.

@wowsmanagement: Please give your players an update when you have found the cause of this phenomenon and fixed it !!!