You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
baz44331

VIII Tallinn Broken ship.

70 comments in this topic

[TAYTO]
Players
12 posts
4,962 battles

Hey guys,

Let's talk about the Tallinn, this ship is badly broken and at times i feel i dont do any Dmg with her and when you try to engage in a fight it gets wreaked in the first few rds. This ships is slow and turns like a bus even with the added Hull B. Its feels like a bad Hipper and the ship needs a heal too.

how is everyone else finding it?

• Funny 3
  • Boring 4

[DAVY]
Players
3,033 posts
14,605 battles
56 minutes ago, baz44331 said:

Hey guys,

Let's talk about the Tallinn, this ship is badly broken and at times i feel i dont do any Dmg with her and when you try to engage in a fight it gets wreaked in the first few rds. This ships is slow and turns like a bus even with the added Hull B. Its feels like a bad Hipper and the ship needs a heal too.

we're glad you spent all your dubloons to tell us what it's like, thx, i might end up with it in 4 weeks time

• Cool 6
  • Funny 18

[SM0KE]
Players
6,155 posts
14,651 battles

Suggest asking again when more than just a small number (I'm guessing) of whales/people with a surfeit of doubloons have her, and have played a meaningful number of battles?

If the new cruisers are a bit meh, we should probably be relieved - I was assuming they'd be the usual 'small man syndrome' OP Russians; I'd be happy to be wrong - a balanced new line of Russians (even if mostly fictitious) should add some useful variety.

• Cool 9

[CATS]
Players
28,167 posts
14,910 battles
20 minutes ago, baz44331 said:

Ask me in 4 weeks.

But I have the feeling you play her wrong.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
2,991 posts
17,341 battles

Why on earth do people spend doubloons on ships that will be 100% next patch?

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2

Players
2,960 posts

Don't get offended, but you are a 46% WR, 588 PR player. Maybe what the ship needs is you watching some videos about cruiser positioning, angling, etc.. BTW, there's something called citadel, and it hurts a lot on russian cruisers. Good luck.

• Cool 4

Players
352 posts
11,571 battles
23 minutes ago, baz44331 said:

Hey guys,

you can stealth radar, you have a decent hull (hipper hull) with crazy OP ap monster guns, they are 180mm, but have the best ballistics, ap pen, improved ap angles ect ect.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,155 posts
14,651 battles
Just now, 159Hunter said:

In my case, I do if there is something worthwhile to gained from doing so, some sort of nice rewards etc. and/or if the ships look especially interesting for some reason.

So, I got the Ikeas early, basically for the pretty permaflage (and because I discovered after the first, that I enjoy the ships a lot); I'm unlikely to spend on the Russian cruisers as the benefits (to me personally) aren't worth it...

• Cool 4

Players
1,389 posts
16,532 battles

It has more HE and AP dpm than hipper, better shell travel time and better penetration values with AP. 

It also has more HP. But yes it is slightly less agile on the rudder shift and has a bigger turning radius. It can also slot Hydro and radar... 

Don't think this is a bad ship right now. If you get rekt and not any good rounds I would chalk it down to this : either people are targeting you more because of new ship syndrome or it is a case of you (or your skills) and the ship not meshing well compared to other t8 cruisers. Or maybe both...

Don't take it as a insult but what I've seen so far from CCs it's really not a bad ship and judging from your stats it really could simply be a user error. Maybe you're too aggressive at the start of the battle, maybe it doesn't fit your stil or maybe your captain isn't up to t8 meta in terms of skill points. 

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
7,035 posts

@OP I wont have one for at least couple of weeks (depending on my luck with crates) but judging from the specs I can see in port and my experience with other cruisers I expect no issues... Rudder module in slot 5 and engine module in slot 4 should be enough to make her nimble enough with still some decent juking potential and judging by the Donkey and Bargation guns I should have no issue plastering apropriate targets with them

[SHAD]
Players
2,937 posts
12,673 battles

I bought the Pyotr and that seems very strong though not OP.

These guns are like Donskoi guns with more pen and better ricochet angles in exchange for a little less DPM

Armour is pretty good for a tier 8 cruiser but of course that doesn't mean much.

Considering the Tallin has only a little more dpm (HE: 133,333 vs 122,727)

and of course a radar

It still has to overcome worse ricochet angles, worse dispersion and no heal.

I could see it being a challenging ship.

I assume you're trying to use as much AP as possible?

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,975 posts
28,566 battles
16 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

It will be released in 0.9.6 so in two patches not in the next one. But of course this is not a reason why would anybody spend money on early access.

[TAYTO]
Players
12 posts
4,962 battles

haha love WOWS. Ask a question and get hit with all wall of abuse. Dont worry guys I still love you all and find it funny TBH.

49 minutes ago, Salentine said:

we're glad you spent all your dubloons to tell us what it's like, thx, i might end up with in 4 weeks time

Yeah i got 700 tokens from a drop box.. i spent about 2500 D on it. I got the two Prem Russian Cruisers. Why not. I have the cash to spend becuase i have a epic job requires me get shot at and waking at night dreaming about poor people dieing in Syria.. and i like WOWS. We keep this game going. Dont forget it.

31 minutes ago, Miblogdegolf said:

Don't get offended, but you are a 46% WR, 588 PR player. Maybe what the ship needs is you watching some videos about cruiser positioning, angling, etc.. BTW, there's something called citadel, and it hurts a lot on russian cruisers. Good luck.

My winrate is very bad yes. That becuase when i first started i lost every battle for about a year hahah. But if you look at my battles won im making up ground now. WIP guys.

Anyway i must be playing it wrong. Cheers guys!

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Modder
2,229 posts
13,938 battles

I don't have her but tested her. 

While she has less DpM than Mainz, i still liked her most of the Hipperclones - as i finally hit something with these railguns. :Smile_trollface:

[IRON7]
Players
613 posts
10,891 battles
1 hour ago, 159Hunter said:

.... because they are stupid? ..... that would be my guess.

Beta Tester
9,546 posts
7,988 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, MementoMori_6030 sagte:

Who can fail in a German ship improved by Soviet advanced technology? Impossible! Report for re-education, comrade!

That only shows how utterly UP the german Ships are...if even the glorious russian-soviet Navy can't fix them. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[NECRO]
Players
1,708 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Takemikazuchi_1121 sagte:

That only shows how utterly UP the german Ships are...if even the glorious russian-soviet Navy can't fix them. :Smile_trollface:

Indeed, with their famous reliable and user-friendly technology that could never harm crews...

Players
2,960 posts
3 hours ago, baz44331 said:

My winrate is very bad yes. That becuase when i first started i lost every battle for about a year hahah. But if you look at my battles won im making up ground now. WIP guys.

Anyway i must be playing it wrong. Cheers guys!

If you ask in a public forum about this, it means you want to improve your game. I'm sure you will get a better player and finally will enjoy russian heavy cruisers, as they are (off course, WG) the best ones. Some advices, from ninth minute:

• Cool 1

Players
1,670 posts
11,696 battles

Your issue is not the ship. I'm not going into your stats that speak for themself, but i want to mention just one stat that is a very important one and it explains a lot. According to wows-numbers have you played 3350 give or take random battles of all tiers, including tier 10 ships like Kremlin. Your Battles Survived is at 22.17%. How is this even possible? Do you press W at the start of the game and then the key get stuck?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,155 posts
14,651 battles
7 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

How is this even possible?

Easy - manliness!

(according to WOWS numbers, my survival rate is a rather embarrassing 19.73% overall!)

Players
1,670 posts
11,696 battles
2 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Easy - manliness!

(according to WOWS numbers, my survival rate is a rather embarrassing 19.73% overall!)

I dunno what to say. I'm a DD main and play pretty much exclusively t9 and t10 if i don't grind lines. I love to hunt enemy DDs, play behind enemy lines, set up ambushes and all this stuff, so i play a very high risk/reward playstyle and even i have a 48% survival rate, which is already not the best.

Some call it manliness, other call it overextending. Either way, dead ships don't deal damage and can not help the team in any other way.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[BABBY]
Players
735 posts
10,929 battles
5 hours ago, Khaba_Gandalf said:

It has more HE and AP dpm than hipper, better shell travel time and better penetration values with AP. 

It also has more HP. But yes it is slightly less agile on the rudder shift and has a bigger turning radius. It can also slot Hydro and radar... 

It also has better turtleback at 40mm instead od Hippers overmatchable 30...

[SM0KE]
Players
6,155 posts
14,651 battles
45 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

I dunno what to say.

Don't worry - I'll say it: I suck, and I used to *really* suck; levels of sucking that are visible from adjacent galaxies...

Still very much a work in progress too.

[POI--]
Players
22 posts
2,486 battles
5 hours ago, Aethervoxx said:

.... because they are stupid? ..... that would be my guess.

Because they want to pay to try it out first, what's the problem?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1