Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LoveIstheAnswer

PotatoAlert/Match Making Monitor

64 comments in this topic

[XTREM]
Players
4,223 posts
11,558 battles

Really? 

Just keep that thing off it will only demotivate you and make you rage. 

Also check the settings for the right region. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
23 posts
1,116 battles
1 minute ago, Yoshanai said:

Really? 

Just keep that thing off it will only demotivate you and make you rage. 

Also check the settings for the right region. 

My region is set correct. i don't see how it makes you rage, toxic people will be toxic no matter what mods they use, i don't care.

[XTREM]
Players
4,223 posts
11,558 battles
Just now, LoveIstheAnswer said:

only site to download it I've found says it hasnt been updated since 9.0.0, where did u get yours?

Don't download it as standalone from just any website... 

Google aslain modpack for Wows... 

Use that one. It has a large variety of mods and you can select MMM there to install as standalone too if you want and that version is frequently updated. 

• Cool 1

Players
23 posts
1,116 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

You will not play better with it.

As a former e-sports player in war thunder i strongly disagree. This is basic intel about your opponents, and teammates in this case. Would be best to analyze opponents previous games to maximize your performance but lets not take that too far.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SM0KE]
Players
6,218 posts
14,728 battles
1 minute ago, LoveIstheAnswer said:

i don't care.

You probably should. With (at time of writing) fewer than 1K battles, there is a good chance that focusing on improving your own performance and skill-set will yield more useful results than worrying about who is good/bad on your team.

Xvm is a poisonous influence on WOT, and I can't imagine a WOWS version being any more positive - it'll just give you an aneurysm.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
939 posts
10,342 battles

You don't need an external program to spot the potatos, you will see who is a potato in the first 20 seconds on the minimap when the battle starts.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
23 posts
1,116 battles
3 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

Don't download it as standalone from just any website... 

Google aslain modpack for Wows... 

Use that one. It has a large variety of mods and you can select MMM there to install as standalone too if you want and that version is frequently updated. 

I downloaded aslains pack finally yesterday but only saw potatoalert there and it isnt working for me, will check again.

Players
23 posts
1,116 battles
2 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

You probably should. With (at time of writing) fewer than 1K battles, there is a good chance that focusing on improving your own performance and skill-set will yield more useful results than worrying about who is good/bad on your team.

Xvm is a poisonous influence on WOT, and I can't imagine a WOWS version being any more positive - it'll just give you an aneurysm.

You know your response is toxic? You assume my skill and what i need not knowing me, so I'll pass on your advice regarding what is poisonous or not. Sorry

• Boring 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,223 posts
11,558 battles
5 minutes ago, LoveIstheAnswer said:

You know your response is toxic? You assume my skill and what i need not knowing me, so I'll pass on your advice regarding what is poisonous or not. Sorry

Your skill does not need to be assumed. Anyone can see for themselves. 

He wasn't toxic anywhere in his reply and just told you the truth. 

Also you are a nice reroll. Do you think people don't notice? 

[NECRO]
Players
1,795 posts
Vor 11 Minuten, Sturmtiger_304 sagte:

You don't need an external program to spot the potatos, you will see who is a potato in the first 20 seconds on the minimap when the battle starts.

First 20 seconds? First look at the team roster! :Smile_teethhappy:

shot-20.05.15_17.06.13-0498.jpg

• Funny 3

[SM0KE]
Players
6,218 posts
14,728 battles
4 minutes ago, LoveIstheAnswer said:

Only if you're over-sensitive.

I assume nothing - at the tiers you're currently playing, you're massively better than I am (although that isn't a short list of players); the point is that the watery equivalent of xvm sniping will help you a lot less than focusing on getting even better yourself. This is a universal principle regardless of starting point skill-wise - what I do assume is that as a good player already, you'll be aiming for super-unicum; getting wound up - which always happens - at whatever potatoes, on whichever side, will not help you in this endeavour.

• Cool 3

Players
23 posts
1,116 battles
1 minute ago, Yoshanai said:

Your skill does not need to be assumed. Anyone can see for themselves. 

He wasn't toxic anywhere in his reply and just told you the truth. 

Also you are a nice reroll. Do you think people don't notice? 

I'm not suprised you agree with him cause you assume even harder. This is my only account ever in this game that I own for 4 years so please chill. You all need to take a chill pill and stop worrying about people better than you, I am happy with my stats but was used to be top 100 in war thunder and even winning entire tournaments in my country, do you know how much my green wows stats compare to that? Just enjoy the game.

5 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I assume nothing - at the tiers you're currently playing, you're massively better than I am (although that isn't a short list of players); the point is that the watery equivalent of xvm sniping will help you a lot less than focusing on getting even better yourself. This is a universal principle regardless of starting point skill-wise - what I do assume is that as a good player already, you'll be aiming for super-unicum; getting wound up - which always happens - at whatever potatoes, on whichever side, will not help you in this endeavour.

I don't want to work to get better at this game, I'm past my esports days, too old, too fat, and dont have nearly enough time for that, and no ambitions to do so on top of that. I play wows and rocket league for fun. In rocket league I'm stuck at 1 league for well over a year as i refuse to spend time learning mechanics essential on my mmr. 

Coming from competetive gaming i realise how much work and dedication one must put in a game to get really good, but it's not fun if you dont really want that.

• Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
28,298 posts
14,932 battles
18 minutes ago, LoveIstheAnswer said:

As a former e-sports player in war thunder i strongly disagree. This is basic intel about your opponents, and teammates in this case. Would be best to analyze opponents previous games to maximize your performance but lets not take that too far.

That is ok when you have one or two opponents.

Getting the intel on 12 opponents and memorizing it, will distract you from the actual game.

And when you know somebody is bad, you do not know in what way he is bad. It may actually lead to wrong decisions, when you expect the wrong thing.

• Cool 1

[CN_]
Moderator, Freibeuter
2,186 posts
6,803 battles

If the tools are not working, wait a few days. Sometimes the developers of those tools need a few days to adjust them for the new version.

But as others said before, don't use it. It impacts your playstyle in a negative way. If you see that your teams average is far below the enemy team you usually don't expect to be able to win that match. You automatically switch to a more passive playstyle then to maximize your own result (at least that's true for me and basically everyone I asked about it. Of course I can't ask everyone but those I asked were mostly very good and unicum players).

I just analyzed some of my games about a year ago. Played 100 games with MM monitor and 100 without. Checked my team's statistics after each battle for the battles without MM monitor.

In average, the teams with and without MM monitor were very similar. But I got far better results without MM monitor because I wasn't influenced by external sources and just looked at what I saw ingame.

• Cool 4

[SM0KE]
Players
6,218 posts
14,728 battles
4 minutes ago, LoveIstheAnswer said:

You all need to take a chill pill and stop worrying about people better than you

I'm not worrying - although I thank you for your concern - I'm merely trying to help.

You don't want help, that's fine - good luck to you.

• Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,223 posts
11,558 battles
1 minute ago, floribe2000 said:

I wasn't influenced by external sources and just looked at what I saw ingame

This also teaches to look out for mistakes and spot them rather than expect them due to external program and them not happening. 

• Cool 1

Players
23 posts
1,116 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

That is ok when you have one or two opponents.

Getting the intel on 12 opponents and memorizing it, will distract you from the actual game.

And when you know somebody is bad, you do not know in what way he is bad. It may actually lead to wrong decisions, when you expect the wrong thing.

Intel won't win you fights but it will help, but you have to learn how to filter the data you get and use it wisely. The fact that you can use this intel wrong doesnt mean its bad.

[CN_]
Moderator, Freibeuter
2,186 posts
6,803 battles
Gerade eben, Yoshanai sagte:

This also teaches to look out for mistakes and spot them rather than expect them due to external program and them not happening. 

That probably the reason why I played better. I probably unintentionally ignored those things while using MMM. Without MMM it's easier to focus on these aspects because you have to focus on them anyways to find out what your team is doing and if you can count on them or not.

• Cool 2

Players
23 posts
1,116 battles
3 minutes ago, floribe2000 said:

If the tools are not working, wait a few days. Sometimes the developers of those tools need a few days to adjust them for the new version.

But as others said before, don't use it. It impacts your playstyle in a negative way. If you see that your teams average is far below the enemy team you usually don't expect to be able to win that match. You automatically switch to a more passive playstyle then to maximize your own result (at least that's true for me and basically everyone I asked about it. Of course I can't ask everyone but those I asked were mostly very good and unicum players).

I just analyzed some of my games about a year ago. Played 100 games with MM monitor and 100 without. Checked my team's statistics after each battle for the battles without MM monitor.

In average, the teams with and without MM monitor were very similar. But I got far better results without MM monitor because I wasn't influenced by external sources and just looked at what I saw ingame.

I've seen people claiming to improve after disabling such mod for Rocket League. I started using the mod half a year ago and my mmr hasnt changed at all. It's not mod's fault, its atitude fault.

4 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I'm not worrying - although I thank you for your concern - I'm merely trying to help.

You don't want help, that's fine - good luck to you.

I was asking for help in making my mod work, not if I should use it. This theory is not new to me, but other people problems are not yours.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,218 posts
14,728 battles
1 minute ago, LoveIstheAnswer said:

other people problems are not yours

Something you'll find is that - when people aren't being uncivilised - this is a very helpful forum; most folk are just trying to be useful. The assumption is usually made that if you post on here, you want opinions and will be gracious when receiving them.

Players
23 posts
1,116 battles

My main advice to you is not to blame people for being bad. They are what they are, they have full rights to play the game as do you. If i watch last player play and see he's doing bad, and i see that his rating is low, that helps me understand that he isnt stupid, he's just not skilled atthe game. Otherwise you'd rage and call him stupid for making obvious mistakes.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1