Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Communist_Loli

Captain Training Question

4 comments in this topic

Players
198 posts
2,903 battles

So I know that Premium ships can be used to train captains due to the lack of retraining that is usually necessary when moving captains. But what about "special" ships? Do they get the same treatment? 

I recently got enough coal to purchase the Thunderer, and I was wondering if I could move my Monarch captain without having any issues with retraining it. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,394 posts
16,590 battles

Basically it looks like this :

Both special and premium ships come with a permanent camouflage. Both can be used to level up captains, due to the fact that you don't need to retrain them like you would do if you say swap a RN captain from King George to monarch. You also have the benefit that even if the captain is in the process of retraining for a new ship, all skills work normally which wouldn't be the case on regular ships. 

There are two aspects where special and premium ships don't work the same. All Premiums have a built-in hidden credit modifier that kicks in before the game starts calculating the gains from signals or camos that also increase credit income. Special ships don't have this perc, so in terms of income they roughly behave like regular ships with a permanent camouflage. Also since you haven't paid for them WG can and will change(nerf) them if they deem it necessary. Afaik the only example in the past of that is smolensk loosing armor thickness during the change to ifhe a few months ago. Premiums on the other hands pretty much only suffer through global changes. For example both Belfast and kutuzov got nerfed due to the global changes to smoke fire penalty, but that was a global change that hit all ships in the game (albeit to varying degrees). 

Sign in to follow this