Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Vivi_Ornitier

Saturation to CV dmg

4 comments in this topic

Players
138 posts
2,947 battles

I think one of the main issues with CVs is when they decide to focus one single target. There is little counterplay, the only thing you can do is hug your mates and pray CV decides it isnt worth to strike. 

But this isnt possible in late-game. When only a few players are alive in each team its often impossible to hug your mates (distance, strategy or whatever reason). By then you probably also have your AA butchered (why dont they add repairs to AA? doesnt make sense that eating a couple of conkek salvos early will let you with 20% of your AA for the rest of the game). So maybe add a mechanic similar to HE saturation to discourage the CV from just picking one target and sending strike after strike to him. 

Tldr: add saturation because right now CVs are basically allmighty gods after 10 mins in battle. 

Ps: I havent seen this suggestion, sorry if someone already did. There also may already be this mechanic in game, if so it could be "buffed".

• Boring 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,093 posts
9,479 battles

There is no HE saturation - Saturation is area dependant and regardless of the thing hitting you. Its only more prevelant with HE shells, as they either pen or Shatter. And overpens never cause saturation.

For Example, If your superstucture is somewhat saturated, you will get half damage from pens, regardless if its HE pen or AP pen or rockets.

The problem with CVs is, that some of their attacks ignore the saturated areas and hit parts, which have no saturation.

AP bombs hitting the citadel will always cause full damage.

Torps hitting the central part will always deal full damage - torpedo protection.

Even fully saturated areas will always receive 0,1x (overpen) damage from penetrations.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
939 posts
10,283 battles

There is no counterplay to CV's at the moment. Even if you have defensive AA active the CV can still kill you with little losses.

People think CV counterplay is fine becouse they faced a glue eater CV player that didn't push 1 button when they striked and lost all of their planes.

I got striked today by a Midway in my absolutely full AA build Des Moines, I had sector on full green and my defensive AA active.

I shot down 1 plane. Even a monkey should understand something is wrong.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,192 posts
11,278 battles

Thank you for your help to keep our forum tidy and using the CV discussion thread for CV related issues in the future. 

This topic is locked for that matter. 

• Cool 1