Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Daetalus

What kind of cruisers suppose to have depth charge?

7 comments in this topic

[FTNM]
Players
1 post
5,919 battles

At first, I thought all CLs have the depth charges. But I was wrong.

The ships Nuremberg (150mm), La Galissonnière (152mm), De Grasse (152mm), Huanghe (152mm) don't have the depth charges.

Then I am thinking maybe the ships with the depth charge model will enable it? Unfortunately, I was wrong again.

Aoba (203), Molotov (180), Devonshire (203), Huanghe (152) have the depth charge model but didn't enable it.

So my question is: What kind of cruisers suppose to have depth charge?

Edit: All the cruisers that enabled the depth charge have the model.

Regards

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,074 posts
12,849 battles
6 minutes ago, Daetalus said:

So my question is: What kind of cruisers suppose to have depth charge?

It's all and everything in WIP-status. As for now there's Dallas, Budjonny, Leander and Perth - perhaps it'll be more when next test (this time on live) will start and there'll be an article in before, too. 

Players
358 posts
4,013 battles

I was quite surprised to see some ships without grenades (Huanghe for instance). I suppose they want to test with some selected ships - the ones they were able to get properly out of development stage - then go back to testing to finish the other light cruisers ...

At least I hope so. I wanna do ASW with Huanghe and her angry puffing smoke.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,125 posts
14,608 battles
4 hours ago, Daetalus said:

What kind of cruisers suppose to have depth charge?

I'm assuming it's a deliberately limited selection for test purposes. No doubt depth charges will be added to others later.

Given the survey I got to fill out earlier, WG are aware that CVs are still not right (more than a year after the reework!), and they may wish to avoid repeating that with SSs. I suppose we should be less discouraged that - so far - they appear to be being a bit more cautious this time...?

Beta Tester
5,214 posts
21,407 battles

Checked my DDs today and not even all of them seem to have the ASW data on their sheet. And several that show ASW equipment on their model have no ASW value shown...

So...

What shall we expect?

Add to that several low tier DDs don't have an ASW value and/or no shown ASW equipment on the model, as they - probably - in real service never had that equipment.

Soo..

If it's a T DD, entering a T6 battle meeting T6 Subs... will it end up as T4 ships without or with only little AA against T4 CVs? Like... helpless?

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this