Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tr1umph

Reinstalled this game again, wow what a mess

12 comments in this topic

Players
222 posts
3,573 battles

After getting showered in loot, 2 weeks, premium, 200k free xp and so on (someone desperate for new players?)

I decided to give this game another chance.

Played for 2 days and boy do I regret, how can anyone actually enjoy the current state of the game?

It basically comes down to this.

Is there a CV in the game? Yes --> I regret ever installing this game

Is there CV in this game? No --> Game is actually fun. 

If u sail a Des Moines in a T10 game (or any T10 cruiser really), the enemy rocket bombers come right for you, go right through your AA and hit you for 12k damage and kills 20% of your AA permanently. 

One of the strongest AA ships in the game is not able to stop them.

First I thought this must be a random thing but funny enough, flambass also uploaded a video some hours later suffering from the same thing :D

Des Moines bombed at the start

The main advantage CVs give is free spotting of the enemy team, but now on top of that they also get free damage on every attack.

Last game A FULL HP Fletcher managed to get in 6km range of the enemy CV and hit him with 4 torps, the fletcher was taken out in about 40 seconds by 2 attacks of rocket bombers. 

Enemy CV managed to hit 6 kills and surived until the end. 

This is 10 times worse than artillery in WOT ever was.

There is literally no counterplay, every rocket bomber attack is a free citadel hit, CV are almost unkillable because you can never get to them, if you try to hunt them down, even as a DD, you get perma spotted and bombed. 

In the "old days" only the absolute top tier CV players were able to defend themself against a DD chasing them (by cross torping and stuff), now you basically have a autoaim bombers (dont tell me its hard to hit with these things, i managed to do that after 1 game of practice). 

Back in the days we were able to left click incoming planes to focus fire them, now we have AA sectors (beyond stupid system btw).

What is the point of that if the enemy planes almost always come from the front?  :D 

Not to mention your CV players will never provide any AA cover for your DDs, in the "old days" you could help out your own DDs with fighter squads, because you could control more than 1 wing at the same time, nowadays CVs always go for damage and provide 0 AA cover. 

And they can do that, because their damage is overpowered and they never run out of planes no matter how hard they yolo in their bombers. 

Playing DD in a CV game just means you are perma spotted, unless u play the Halland. 

The entire game no longer has any ship classes, is CVs and "other ships", because it doesnt matter what you play. 

If your CV player sucks, you WILL lose the game.

If you get attacked by the enemy CV and he is the same tier, you WILL take damage. 

I rather exit to port then to ever again waste my time playing "getting farmed" simulator. 

One of the worst multiplayer experiences ive ever had. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 2

Beta Tester
1,734 posts
18,052 battles

You have been absent for quite a while, you go into tier 10 battles. Then you complain.

The game has changed, DM is no longer one of the stringest AA ships.

In the old days a good CV player would dominate the battle in an absurd way, rendering every other player on the battlefield a muppet.

I am not claiming that current state of CV is fine, but your complaint will not help nor making any difference.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
2,654 posts
11,390 battles

This entire game is about damaging and sinking ships, not Hello Kitty World. If you get attacked by anything in this game the chances of you getting damaged is very high unless you are able to dodge the enemy's attack. Relying purely on AA to stop a CV attack is potato mistake number one. Its like sailing broadside  and hope that RNGesus will cause all those shells to miss you. Of course all that will not happen. You need to actively manoeuvre your ship and throw the enemy aim off.

Flambass had 19s from the time those rocket planes appeared till they attacked him to react but only reacted just as he was about to be attack. And that fletcher got within 6km and landed only 4 torps on a BB sized ship that can almost only move via laying way points on the minimap? He deserved to be punished. They both potatoed end of story.

Players
4,566 posts
7,604 battles
1 hour ago, Johnny_Moneto said:

You have been absent for quite a while, you go into tier 10 battles. Then you complain.

Yeah, because T4 with 2-3 CV every game and no AA is soooooooooooooooo much more fun.

• Cool 4

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
306 posts
3,106 battles

Unless you're in a Halland, Smaland or Smolensk, You can essentially just act like you have no AA at all. 

[XTREM]
Players
4,223 posts
11,558 battles
1 minute ago, Riggerby said:

Unless you're in a Halland, Smaland or Smolensk, You can essentially just act like you have no AA at all. 

Smolensk doesn't really have AA. Where does this myth even come from? 

Is it CCs? 

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

Beta Tester
1,734 posts
18,052 battles
Vor 19 Minuten, Capra76 sagte:

Yeah, because T4 with 2-3 CV every game and no AA is soooooooooooooooo much more fun.

True. Also walking in the desert for 3 days without water is soooooooooooooooo much fun.

[PISH]
Players
371 posts
3,322 battles
1 hour ago, Yoshanai said:

Smolensk doesn't really have AA. Where does this myth even come from? 

Is it CCs? 

I also would like to know about this one as I want to send whoever came up with this the bill for my Wyverns paint. 

[JRM]
Players
7,089 posts
1 hour ago, Riggerby said:

You want a replay of plastering a Halland with Audatios rocket planes?

[IRON7]
Players
656 posts
10,908 battles

This game has gone into the toilet ever since the CV rework.

Nothing WG has done since the CV rework has been a good idea.

RIP WoWS.

• Cool 6

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,204 posts
11,309 battles

Hello, 

Please us the CV discussion topic for CV related posts. 

This one will be locked. 

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1