Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Rippthrough

UI needs to be less gold focused

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
9 posts
2,048 battles

Is it just me or is everything on the UI designed to trick you into accidentally spending your in game credits/gold?

You sell a ship and the automatic upgrade default is to use your gold to demount rather than just sell them with the ship (guess who hit that one yesterday), you hit retraining on a ship commander and enter to confirm and guess what the default was, no, not the free basic training, but the 500 gold instant retrain. Great, another 500 down the drain.

I really don't want to have to be concentrating on every little trick the UI has up it's sleeve to deliberately trip me up when I've logged on for a quick game at 1:30am and I'm half asleep.

I don't mind spending in-game credits, but I'd quite like it to be where I wish them to be, can we not have the default options be the free ones ?!

Edited by Rippthrough
  • Cool 13

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,368 posts
8,806 battles

I really don't want to have to be concentrating on every little trick the UI has up it's sleeve to deliberately trip me up when I've logged on for a quick game at 1:30am and I'm half asleep.

1. Wake up

2. Drink some coffee

3. Go outside for a fresh breath of air

4. Maybe drink some more coffee

5. Play World of Warships

6. Problem solved

:trollface:

fbbwgp.jpg

• Cool 1

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Weekend Tester
397 posts
5,148 battles

This is a free to play game that makes it's money from premium time and gold purchases, they are bound to 'advertise' the gold services over the free ones.

The mantra is:  Think -> Click  not  Click-> Think

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
90 posts
997 battles

This is a free to play game that makes it's money from premium time and gold purchases, they are bound to 'advertise' the gold services over the free ones.

If their offers are worth the price they're asking for, they'll make money. In a good and fair product, the accidental click on the default option will always be the harmless one.

Creating an UI aimed at accidental spending of real money will only lead to them pissing off potential customers and is usually a hallmark of predatory business models or games on the way out.

Edited by Staarfury
  • Cool 3

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,368 posts
8,806 battles

accidental spending of real money

I don't think that's the fault of Wargaming, the problem is the user/player itself.

I now have played hundreds of battles, never had the problem i sold/bought something by accident.

Most people have got 2 working eyes, use them... :trollface:

What's next, ships that only go to the left because people are left-handed and therefore don't use the right hand?? :hiding:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
90 posts
997 battles

Just because you don't think people are idiots, doesn't mean you shouldn't make your UI idiot-proof. The current version is more prone to errors than the alternative would be, so it's worse.

If you don't understand this one simple principle, I guess any further discussion is a waste of my time.

• Cool 2

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,368 posts
8,806 battles

If you don't understand this one simple principle, I guess any further discussion is a waste of my time.

fnv91z.jpg

Beta Tester
90 posts
997 battles

How about you ask yourself why are you making an active effort to keep the game worse, just for the sake of an internet argument?

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,368 posts
8,806 battles

How about you ask yourself why are you making an active effort to keep the game worse, just for the sake of an internet argument?

:sceptic:

Beta Tester
468 posts
4,869 battles

Nah I really get his point. This is not so much about the person being an idiot so much as the game just having decency in how it treats people spending their money. Just like in World of Tanks it defaults to gold for premium ammo which has caught me off-guard a few times despite manually checking all of my god knows how many tanks several times to make sure I have it selected on credits.

Something like a confirmation window whenever tokens are being spend would solve everything for everyone, not be too much effort and not create any new problems imo.

• Cool 6

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,368 posts
8,806 battles

Something like a confirmation window whenever tokens are being spend would solve everything for everyone, not be too much effort and not create any new problems imo.

4t27vo.jpg

+1 given :)

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

Yes. I would really agree that a confirmation window or something along those lines whenever tokens are spent would be lovely. 

Beta Tester
9 posts
2,048 battles

It shouldn't be, for a game that's just picked up for the odd casual battle.

Especially given I've already spent my money with them to get the credits in the first place - they already have my money, so it'd be nice if I can spend the credits where I want to.

The UI driving me into spending them elsewhere doesn't actually give them anything, apart from a suspicious user base that's much less likely to keep credits in their account because they know they're likely to spend them where they didn't want to.

Beta Tester
164 posts
3,376 battles

2. Drink some coffee

3. Go outside for a fresh breath of air

4. Maybe drink some more coffee

Yeah I definitely agree with those points!! and especially I have to add DON'T play this game when you're drunk.. or at least go for co-op :teethhappy:

Beta Tester
117 posts
365 battles

I don't think that's the fault of Wargaming, the problem is the user/player itself.

I now have played hundreds of battles, never had the problem i sold/bought something by accident.

Most people have got 2 working eyes, use them... :trollface:

What's next, ships that only go to the left because people are left-handed and therefore don't use the right hand?? :hiding:

Sorry? I had the same thing as the op. You saying it's my fault is a bit much, i like to have credit on retainer and i don't want to spend them on tricky UI design.

I love this game and i don't have a problem spending money but i will chose when and where i spend it not the game designers.

Sign in to follow this