Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
peoplescavalry

How many Russian Cruisers?

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
494 posts
10,831 battles

With the latest premium ships and the new split forthcoming, how many cruisers from the mighty Russian navy will have made an appearance? 25?

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AAO]
Players
1,596 posts
21,235 battles

If I can still count, and one includes the Orlan and "loan"-ships such as the Murmansk and Makarov it's 32.

Which means we're still 10 off from the correct amount.
(For comparison the USN and IJN have 29 and 19 respectively)

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
4,672 posts
19,806 battles
55 minutes ago, rnat said:

If I can still count, and one includes the Orlan and "loan"-ships such as the Murmansk and Makarov it's 32.

Which means we're still 10 off from the correct amount.
(For comparison the USN and IJN have 29 and 19 respectively)

True, but US and IJN never had a real navy. All their projects never went beyond the design stage. 

 

Not it sure why WG even bothered with them anyway considering how weak they are compared to soviet ships. I guess it is, to cater to different markets. 

 

Still unnecessary in my opinion. 

Less fantasy designs and more real ships from the glorious rasha navy! 

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
130 posts
15,583 battles
2 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

True, but US and IJN never had a real navy. All their projects never went beyond the design stage. 

 

Not it sure why WG even bothered with them anyway considering how weak they are compared to soviet ships. I guess it is, to cater to different markets. 

 

Still unnecessary in my opinion. 

Less fantasy designs and more real ships from the glorious rasha navy! 

Good will about glorious Russia. But you can't save yourself from GULAG. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H_FAN]
Players
2,659 posts
44,023 battles
5 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

True, but US and IJN never had a real navy. All their projects never went beyond the design stage. 

 

Not it sure why WG even bothered with them anyway considering how weak they are compared to soviet ships. I guess it is, to cater to different markets. 

 

Still unnecessary in my opinion. 

Less fantasy designs and more real ships from the glorious rasha navy! 

Yes IJN have been given many fantasy ships that never did perform anything, or even existed.  Take for example the pure napkin design Mikasa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Modder
4,865 posts
9,050 battles

I recently found this nice o verview (date: 09. May 2020): 

Spoiler

2vnmss3oxqx41.thumb.jpg.59647e9d9b44d5be4baf618a955ff03e.jpg

I would count 31 cruisers. From which 14 were build. 14/31 = 45.2% (less then half)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LUZ1]
Players
872 posts
12,848 battles
2 hours ago, principat121 said:

I recently found this nice o verview (date: 09. May 2020): 

  Reveal hidden contents

2vnmss3oxqx41.thumb.jpg.59647e9d9b44d5be4baf618a955ff03e.jpg

I would count 31 cruisers. From which 14 were build. 14/31 = 45.2% (less then half)

Very interesting overview. Amount of paper Soviet cruisers is rediculous.

On a related note: with the new Soviet cruiser lines we now get in each game 2-4 Soviet cruisers with 12 km radar and around 70k HP besides your usual CV and US radars with a measly 9-10 km range (everyone knows Soviet radar tech was far ahead of everyone else's). This means T9-10 will be almost totally unplayable or unfun for a DD for at least the next few months at least. :cap_win:

So, I plan to be at T7-8 as much as possible for at least a while. Well done, WG! :Smile_facepalm:

I am concerned this may be the phase they finally managed to push this game over the edge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,202 posts
11,986 battles
11 hours ago, peoplescavalry said:

With the latest premium ships and the new split forthcoming, how many cruisers from the mighty Russian navy will have made an appearance? 25?

Think of the glorious CB lineup

Kremlin

Slava

Stalingrad

Moskva

Petropavlowsk

Al. Nevsky

Smolensk

Grozovoi

Khabarovsk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SWAMP]
Players
575 posts
3,418 battles
1 hour ago, Camperdown said:

Very interesting overview. Amount of paper Soviet cruisers is rediculous.

On a related note: with the new Soviet cruiser lines we now get in each game 2-4 Soviet cruisers with 12 km radar and around 70k HP besides your usual CV and US radars with a measly 9-10 km range (everyone knows Soviet radar tech was far ahead of everyone else's). This means T9-10 will be almost totally unplayable or unfun for a DD for at least the next few months at least. :cap_win:

So, I plan to be at T7-8 as much as possible for at least a while. Well done, WG! :Smile_facepalm:

I am concerned this may be the phase they finally managed to push this game over the edge. 

The new soviet cruisers only have a 15 second radar duration though, which is a quite significant (low) number in terms of the effect it has on DDs.
Current Moskva and Stalingrad radar is far more OP in that regard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,975 posts
28,566 battles
2 minutes ago, Hirohito said:

The new soviet cruisers only have a 15 second radar duration though, which is a quite significant (low) number in terms of the effect it has on DDs.
Current Moskva and Stalingrad radar is far more OP in that regard.

 

On the other hand, neither Moskva or SG could stealth radar so far a DD, new Soviet cruisers are much worse even with short duration radar. There is no counterplay as the moment DD spot, for example, Petro it is already in his radar range so all it need to do to see who is spotting him is to press a button. Sure for 15sec he could hardly kill DD but he can still deal considerable damage to it. So IMO, Soviet CAs radar is much worse then Moskva or SG radar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,975 posts
28,566 battles
16 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Think of the glorious CB lineup

Kremlin

Slava

Stalingrad

Moskva

Petropavlowsk

Al. Nevsky

Smolensk

Grozovoi

Khabarovsk

 

Looks spicy but DDs are quite let down and not worth glorious SU lineup. WG it is time to give us a Soviet premium DD that will replace Somers, Halland, Daring and Kleber in competitive gameplay and make them obsolete ll at once.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,202 posts
11,986 battles
2 minutes ago, fumtu said:

 

Looks spicy but DDs are quite let down and not worth glorious SU lineup. WG it is time to give us a Soviet premium DD that will replace Somers, Halland, Daring and Kleber in competitive gameplay and make them obsolete ll at once.

Or remove citadel from Smolensk and other DD gun armed light cruisers "for balancing reasons" :cap_tea:

 

Kebabovsk with three quad 130, 42kts and 6.1km detection when

 

Actually, WG tampered with Kildin class guided missile destroyers in the past. So maybe that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SWAMP]
Players
575 posts
3,418 battles
3 minutes ago, fumtu said:

 

On the other hand, neither Moskva or SG could stealth radar so far a DD, new Soviet cruisers are much worse even with short duration radar. There is no counterplay as the moment DD spot, for example, Petro it is already in his radar range so all it need to do to see who is spotting him is to press a button. Sure for 15sec he could hardly kill DD but he can still deal considerable damage to it. So IMO, Soviet CAs radar is much worse then Moskva or SG radar. 

This is true, but for general random battles I can't see it as a massive threat.
That small window of activity will make it hard for the average team to take advantage of it, and even the cruiser that uses it will only have chance to fire off 1-2 volleys on the DD before it expires.
I'm generally not too worried about it myself, since I think I can manage being lit up for 15 seconds.
I've been caught in US radar by surprise before though (usually lurking behind an island I didn't expect or sneaking up on me), and that's a near guaranteed death sentence.
The only worrying part though is that stealth radar from 12 kms might have a deterrent effect, but I'm unsure of how that will play out until I face it.
If the cruiser does get spotted though (so that I know it might be coming and can choose what to do accordingly), I'm personally not too scared of that radar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BATES]
Players
878 posts
11,745 battles
42 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Think of the glorious CB lineup

Kremlin

Slava

Stalingrad

Moskva

Petropavlowsk

Al. Nevsky

Smolensk

Grozovoi

Khabarovsk

Forgot the Russian Carriers which will soon arrive :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,202 posts
11,986 battles
2 minutes ago, Aetius85 said:

Forgot the Russian Carriers which will soon arrive :Smile_hiding:

I've went with what we have in game or is about to hit the game in nearest future:Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,939 posts
13,586 battles
19 minutes ago, Panocek said:

I've went with what we have in game or is about to hit the game in nearest future:Smile_hiding:

Slava?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NECRO]
Players
1,706 posts
Vor 2 Stunden, Hirohito sagte:

The new soviet cruisers only have a 15 second radar duration though, which is a quite significant (low) number in terms of the effect it has on DDs.
Current Moskva and Stalingrad radar is far more OP in that regard.

How very fortunate that WG sneaked premium consumables as default into the game at the very same time those 15 sec radar cruisers were conjured...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
746 posts
10,862 battles
13 hours ago, peoplescavalry said:

With the latest premium ships and the new split forthcoming, how many cruisers from the mighty Russian navy will have made an appearance? 25?

They've still got a mountain of BS to put out yet, so there will be many more of the "Mightiest Soviestki Bestest in Everything Totally Historical WW2 Fleet of Uberness".

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LUZ1]
Players
872 posts
12,848 battles
1 hour ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

They've still got a mountain of BS to put out yet, so there will be many more of the "Mightiest Soviestki Bestest in Everything Totally Historical WW2 Fleet of Uberness".

It almost seems they try to balans what has historically happened with their own alternate universe where Stalin's finest carried all before them :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×