Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wilky130

Japanese Aircraft suck!

51 comments in this topic

[BRIT6]
Beta Tester
40 posts
3,810 battles

After playing several battles on the Japanese CV line, I've found that Japanese aircraft suck in battles against American aircraft.

ARE the game designers NOT going anywhere near historical accuracy?? as in the early - mid Pacific war the Japanese planes were MUCH MUCH BETTER!!

I've had Japanese tier 6 fighters shot down in numbers by tier 4-5 American fighters. I know you can improve your fighters with skill upgrades etc. But this is just getting to be silly

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
1,151 posts

The Devs forgot about captain skills when they rebalanced the aircraft. See all the US skippers are generally R5 with the extra plane per flight as standard. That means IJN CV are at a two aircraft disadvantage per flight and simply cannot compete in air to air combat.

And yeah the Jap planes are pretty crap imo. The difference between tiers is way to steep, meaning you cannot compete at all with another CV that is +1 tier

• Cool 2

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester
1,804 posts
8,689 battles

Actually the IJN planes ingame are better than their USN counterparts (except for t7).

They only lack numbers and their superiority isn't big enough to equal that out.

I agree that the IJN fighter squadrons can't compete against the USN once on equal ground but that doesn't make the Carriers or the aircraft themself bad.

• Cool 2

Weekend Tester
612 posts

They don't suck against ships, but are useless against planes.

At lower tiers your only option is to force a way through to enemy carrier and kill it, and you won't have to face his fighters for the rest of the game.

[BRIT6]
Beta Tester
40 posts
3,810 battles

But I'm not fighting on equal ground!

Yes I see and understand what Captain Edwards is saying with the skills etc., but even thou the Japanese aircraft have equal of slightly better survivability tier for tier, they are easily knocked out of the sky.

Ive said for a while that the aircraft mechanics need work done to them, as the aircraft don't seem as dangerous (on the whole, as AA guns now seem to nullify most of the attacks before they have a chance to attack) as they should could be compared to RL war accounts, Dogfights always seem odd, but with these new battles with Japanese v American fighters its completely one sided.

Alpha Tester
2,271 posts
1,040 battles

with these new battles with Japanese v American fighters its completely one sided.

Attacking ships is always one sided too.

Beta Tester
1 post
164 battles

My japaness HOSTO aircraft are just invulnerables!!!

After the beginning of the game, they leave the map and never return to the boat ... No one can kill them but I cann't kill no one too :hiding:

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
5,468 battles

Attacking ships is always one sided too.

I wouldn't say USN are that bad at anti-ship though, especially not for high tiers.

Players
923 posts
13,965 battles

US squadrons have 50% more planes. That's a raw 50% bonus hp and dps.Dogfighting skill gives them extra dps on top. It's that simple.

Things get a little more balanced at t9 and t10. And if both players get the +1 plane skill, it will "only" be a 40% difference in squadron size.

Get used to giving US CVs "clear sky" achievement every game.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
38 posts
3,044 battles

Thats why I cant wait to get the t10 jap cv, 4 fighter squads, that will be hilarious no matter if they are crap or not

Players
24 posts

Lure enemy US fighters on ally AA, or your carrier AA ...  I have only Hosho, but it works even on Bogue fighters! Outsmart them :great:

P.S. But  i  agree in one thing:  when MM places ONE japanese carrier against  TWO U.S. carriers, its really painfull and hardcore game :sceptic:

Edited by Denis_KA
  • Cool 1

Players
11 posts
528 battles

Lure enemy US fighters on ally AA, or your carrier AA ...  I have only Hosho, but it works even on Bogue fighters! Outsmart them :great:

P.S. But  i  agree in one thing:  when MM places ONE japanese carrier against  TWO U.S. carriers, its really painfull and hardcore game :sceptic:

Don't forget, that the other way around is also true.

I mean, the US carriers get only 2 squadrons, the Japs 3 or 4 (on the low tiers). You have much more planes in the air...

[SCRUB]
Players
2,384 posts
7,735 battles

IJN fighters have no chance in lower tiers, but they are much stronger is the high tiers. Tier 6 is the worst for IJN players. I play both carrierlines and until tier 7, US fighters are way superior. It is the gamestyle. US tries to control the air, while IJN fighters need to rely on support and try to make "sneak attacks" with torpedobombers. This doesn't work well in first tiers, but it will get a lot better in tier 7+

• Cool 1

Players
24 posts

IJN fighters have no chance in lower tiers, but they are much stronger is the high tiers. Tier 6 is the worst for IJN players. I play both carrierlines and until tier 7, US fighters are way superior. It is the gamestyle. US tries to control the air, while IJN fighters need to rely on support and try to make "sneak attacks" with torpedobombers. This doesn't work well in first tiers, but it will get a lot better in tier 7+

Thanks for info, i really look forward on Hiryu :honoring:

P.S. in IJN u use figters to cover torp/bombers, or  u attack enemy fighters?

and (question for all!) do you prefer setup with fighters or without them???

Edited by Denis_KA

[LO1]
Alpha Tester
1,322 posts
3,903 battles

Better with out them.... but some times can be useful to kill ships fighters that your attacking with torp bomber's 

Beta Tester
445 posts
1,310 battles

Start using your fighters to self defence only or sacrifice them to hold off enemy fighters when you are trying to nuke the enemy CV. It works well. Every IJN CV is capable of killing the same tier CV in alphastrike.

Players
2 posts
617 battles

Totally agree, that Jap airplanes sucks! The arc of the torpedos just ridiculous, can't hit more than 2(!) even with manual drop points at close range (Closer range would cause dud torpedo, happened a LOT), so 2 squadrons means 4 hits VS 1 squadron 4-6 hits! Plus those fighters are just simply horrible! 

Last battle: 2 HOSHO vs. 1 LANGLEY (lvl4-lvl4) ONE American carrier caused 42!!! airplane shots, eated up all our airplanes, fighters, torp bombers, EVERYTHING! (just fighters, not even close to the carrier) How can american fighters THAT better, than japs? (We together got 17 airplane kills, 2 kills by carrier) 

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
3,878 posts
5,011 battles

A question, because I don't play carriers and usually ignore fighters and aerial engagements in my battleships, given they aren't of importance to me, so I wouldn't know: Would Japanese fighters have a decent chance to win a 2 vs 1 engagement, when it's 8 Japanese fighters vs 6 US ones? Or is the amount of aircraft lost not worth it?

Players
923 posts
13,965 battles

A question, because I don't play carriers and usually ignore fighters and aerial engagements in my battleships, given they aren't of importance to me, so I wouldn't know: Would Japanese fighters have a decent chance to win a 2 vs 1 engagement, when it's 8 Japanese fighters vs 6 US ones? Or is the amount of aircraft lost not worth it?

Depending on dogfighting bonus and tier of aircraft, you may lose 2x4 IJN vs 1x6 USN encounter. As I said, you are not going to get air superiority vs USN carriers.

Beta Tester
277 posts
456 battles

IJN CV Gameplay - Use friendly AA, deceptive tactics and stealth to sneak planes into position, miss 3/5 torpedoes because of IJN TB spread and attempt to make it back to the CV

US CV Gameplay - Launch all of your fighters, click on all of the IJN planes and reign in the kills. Receive clear sky achievement. Launch TB and get 5+ torp hits with little skill. Cover their retreat with your fighters.

• Cool 3

Players
2 posts
582 battles

I love how i was just fighting a Bouge using striker loadout with Zuiho, and boy i got suprised when I have send my fighter squad after his torpedo bombers, and their rear gunners have shoot down all my planes, while my planes killed 3 of them. I literally lost all my fighters to Torpedo, and Dive bombers.

Also id like to mention that im using Air groups modification 1 & 2 and apes as fighter pilots.

[PRAVD]
Community Contributor
1,827 posts
7,122 battles

I love how i was just fighting a Bouge using striker loadout with Zuiho, and boy i got suprised when I have send my fighter squad after his torpedo bombers, and their rear gunners have shoot down all my planes, while my planes killed 3 of them. I literally lost all my fighters to Torpedo, and Dive bombers.

Also id like to mention that im using Air groups modification 1 & 2 and apes as fighter pilots.

There's your problem. Might want to fix that.

Sign in to follow this