Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Predyy_10

Optimize Installation of updates ?

5 comments in this topic

Question

[HFA]
Players
2 posts
5,714 battles

Making the game playable, enjoyable (meh!), and generating revenue (ohh yeah!) is important but what is most important is User Experience. As far as World of Warships is considered, it's really appreciated that the game is regularly updated with new features and stuff by developers but isn't making the update deliverable to users a concern ? The current crap update system sucks up the ram more than 10 tabs on google chrome (thats worse than being bad) and the system bus is so occupied that opening any additional application takes so much time that I can go make my own breakfast, eat it and do the dishes and it still won't open. So instead of trying to grind more money from your player base every update, at least take the effort to deliver these revenue generating updates optimal.

I started installing update at 2130 hrs (IST) and at the time of posting this (2215 hrs IST), installation is at 70%.

System Information (So you can't say your system is below recommended requirements and crap )

Processor - Intel Core i5 9600K

Ram - corsair ddr4 3000mhz 8gb*2

GPU - Nvidia RTX 2060

4 answers to this question

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,074 posts
12,849 battles
34 minutes ago, Predyy_10 said:

The current crap update system sucks up the ram more than 10 tabs on google chrome (thats worse than being bad) and the system bus is so occupied that opening any additional application takes so much time that I can go make my own breakfast, eat it and do the dishes and it still won't open.

But that's a question of your storage. I do have a lot of clients for Warships and usually it's no longer than a few minutes when they are downloaded and installed. I'm using SSDs, though. 

[HFA]
Players
2 posts
5,714 battles

@Wizard27_1979 @CptMinia Just to give you guys a perspective ... It took me about less than 1hour for the download and installation of 8.5gb update from Apex Legends, 3 hours for download and installation of 60gb update from Rainbow Six Siege while it took more than 1 hour to just get INSTALLATION done for a less than 1gb update from World of Warships.

I do have an SSD but I also do have 10000 rpm HDD. I don't install games on my ssd and nor I am gonna. The developers needs to fix their update process rather than blaming it on user's hardwares. An installation should be quick and not take up more than 2 mins. 

NOTE: THE TIME SPECIFIED FOR INSTALLATION FOR WORLD OF WARSHIPS IS ONLY THE TIME IT TOOK TO READ/WRITE. THE CONTENT WAS ALREADY DOWNLOADED BEFOREHAND BY THE CLIENT. 

This is not something of a new issue, it's been there always since I have been playing from around 0.6 something patch

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,287 posts
8,960 battles
2 hours ago, Predyy_10 said:

@Wizard27_1979 @CptMinia Just to give you guys a perspective ... It took me about less than 1hour for the download and installation of 8.5gb update from Apex Legends, 3 hours for download and installation of 60gb update from Rainbow Six Siege while it took more than 1 hour to just get INSTALLATION done for a less than 1gb update from World of Warships.

I do have an SSD but I also do have 10000 rpm HDD. I don't install games on my ssd and nor I am gonna. The developers needs to fix their update process rather than blaming it on user's hardwares. An installation should be quick and not take up more than 2 mins. 

NOTE: THE TIME SPECIFIED FOR INSTALLATION FOR WORLD OF WARSHIPS IS ONLY THE TIME IT TOOK TO READ/WRITE. THE CONTENT WAS ALREADY DOWNLOADED BEFOREHAND BY THE CLIENT. 

This is not something of a new issue, it's been there always since I have been playing from around 0.6 something patch

Well this is a problem that I've only heard from you. Not exactly a global problem so really from my point of view it's more likely this is a problem on your end. But feel free to write to customer support, maybe they can offer a solution.

Regards,

Minia

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,287 posts
8,960 battles

Hello,

@Wizard27_1979 is correct. I'll add that other factors will also affect your download and installation, including your broadband speed, routing, load. Your storage specifications, read/write speeds, computer specs etc. You could run some broadband and Read/Write speed tests and compare them to other people's results on tech forums to see how you're doing, it may just give you an idea of how you could speed things up. 

Regards,

Minia

Sign in to follow this