You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bald_Rookie

Russian cruisers: Bonus combat mission (x3). Am I missing something (again)?

47 comments in this topic

[LAZY]
[LAZY]
Players
41 posts

Hi.
In the premium shop (in this case Pyotr Bagration https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/18632/ ) there is a bonus combat mission (x3 XP) if you buy a Russian cruiser.
It’s not the “usual” combat mission text (i.e. for 25 missions x3 XP), but just says ”Bonus Combat mission: x3 XP”, and further down in the text it says
“Please note: until July 11, owners of this bundle will have access to a special combat mission. Each battle fought playing cruiser Pyotr Bagration in Random, Co-op, and Ranked Battles, as well as in Operations, will bring you three times more XP than usual. You can obtain this combat mission only once per account.”

I bought it, and in the personal assignments-part of missions (and after one game in the Bagration) it looks like this (no “game counter” in the upper left corner):
Bagration.JPG.b2a4b001eddaae80280136484bce572b.JPG

For Orkan (that had the 25 games for x3 XP) there is a “game counter” that shows how many games you have played of the xp boost-games.
Orkan.JPG.b739836156a637c5c077543bf9260a29.JPG

Question: Does it really mean what I think it does, i.e. I can spam this ship (for example 300 times or more) until July 11, and for each of those 300 + games I get the x3 XP bonus?
Or is it again an error in the text?

Or (as usual) am I missing something (again, i.e. error in my head ).
@Crysantos @MrConway ….anybody?

Regards Bald_Rookie

Edited 18.5
A small update.
I sent an ingame PM to @gopher31, and asked if the bonus missions are still “on”. He answered, that He has played 32 games in Pyotr Bagration, and still receiving the bonus mission.

Edited by Bald_Rookie

[NECRO]
Players
1,662 posts
Vor 10 Minuten, Bald_Rookie sagte:

“Please note: until July 11, owners of this bundle will have access to a special combat mission. Each battle fought playing cruiser Pyotr Bagration in Random, Co-op, and Ranked Battles, as well as in Operations, will bring you three times more XP than usual. You can obtain this combat mission only once per account.”

Pretty much reads like an overt invitation to botting. I guess monitoring the battle numbers of that paper ship will be quite interesting...:Smile_sceptic:

Weekend Tester
845 posts
10,012 battles

Interesting... it does say "Each battle..."

Methinks someone has blundered. If you can indeed spam +200% in every game until July 11th, this completely changes the "value proposition" of buying the ship for the better.

• Cool 1

[DC-DK]
Players
3,047 posts
32,391 battles

Probably just a error only giving the 25 x 3 x xp bonus  missions you usually get when buying a ship in the premium shop

[NECRO]
Players
1,662 posts
Vor 33 Minuten, hgbn_dk sagte:

Probably just a error only giving the 25 x 3 x xp bonus  missions you usually get when buying a ship in the premium shop

Yeah, else it would be... Russian bias? :Smile_trollface:

[H_FAN]
Players
2,650 posts
43,892 battles
5 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Pretty much reads like an overt invitation to botting. I guess monitoring the battle numbers of that paper ship will be quite interesting...:Smile_sceptic:

If you are botting 3XP missions you are beyond stupid, that is the time to play with lots of special flags for maximizing Freexp and such.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,910 posts
12,598 battles

It’s a bargain if I can just load it up with flags and grind freeXP!

[NECRO]
Players
1,662 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, Gnirf sagte:

If you are botting 3XP missions you are beyond stupid, that is the time to play with lots of special flags for maximizing Freexp and such.

Do you have so many special flags that you can cover a month of continous play? If not, then you are beyond stupid if you do not recognize that there will plenty of time be left where the necessity of manual gameplay does not prevail.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,650 posts
43,892 battles
2 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Do you have so many special flags that you can cover a month of continous play? If not, then you are beyond stupid if you do not recognize that there will plenty of time be left where the necessity of manual gameplay does not prevail.

25 games it is. Not more- But you do not waste 3x XP on botting , you play these games to the maximum with or without flags. So you can not say that is infite play and it is smart to save special flags for such occasions at least you should have papa papa and such in stock.

[NECRO]
Players
1,662 posts
Gerade eben, Gnirf sagte:

25 games it is. Not more- But you do not waste 3x XP on botting , you play these games to the maximum with or without flags. So you can not say that is infite play and it is smart to save special flags for such occasions at least you should have papa papa and such in stock.

Absolutely. If it really are only 25 games. But from what the OP recited, there was no game limit recognizable, and THAT would pretty much make such deliberations moot.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,650 posts
43,892 battles
5 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Absolutely. If it really are only 25 games. But from what the OP recited, there was no game limit recognizable, and THAT would pretty much make such deliberations moot.

sure but 25 is the norm, it is the same when it is 200 % wins that is the time when i try to max out

[SHAD]
Players
2,910 posts
12,598 battles
6 hours ago, Bald_Rookie said:

Hi.
In the premium shop (in this case Pyotr Bagration https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/18632/ ) there is a bonus combat mission (x3 XP) if you buy a Russian cruiser.
It’s not the “usual” combat mission text (i.e. for 25 missions x3 XP), but just says ”Bonus Combat mission: x3 XP”, and further down in the text it says

I bought it, and in the personal assignments-part of missions (and after one game in the Bagration) it looks like this (no “game counter” in the upper left corner):

For Orkan (that had the 25 games for x3 XP) there is a “game counter” that shows how many games you have played of the xp boost-games.

Question: Does it really mean what I think it does, i.e. I can spam this ship (for example 300 times or more) until July 11, and for each of those 300 + games I get the x3 XP bonus?

Regards Bald_Rookie

There's also no expiry. I'm sure this is a mistake.

Weekend Tester
845 posts
10,012 battles
22 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

There's also no expiry. I'm sure this is a mistake.

It does state an expiry of "July 11".

Whether or not its a mistake, WG are now selling ships based on that description - effectively committing themselves to a contract of sale on those terms.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,910 posts
12,598 battles
5 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

It does state an expiry of "July 11".

Whether or not its a mistake, WG are now selling ships based on that description - effectively committing themselves to a contract of sale on those terms.

Not on the mission in game.

On your second point,  Wargaming in the past have chalked it up to a translation error.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,721 posts
21,070 battles
1 hour ago, gopher31 said:

Not on the mission in game.

On your second point,  Wargaming in the past have chalked it up to a translation error.

Well they do say it's until 11 July without any number of games you can play in the product description in the shop:

Spoiler

Please note: until July 11, owners of this bundle will have access to special combat missions. Each battle played on cruisers Ochakov, Pyotr Bagration, and Mikoyan in Random, Co-op, Ranked Battles, or in Operations will bring you three times more XP than usual. You can obtain each of these combat missions only once per account.

And RU has the same text. Until July 11 you get x3 XP per game, no limitations. So practically they do sell with those terms.

[_OC_]
Players
91 posts
1,301 battles

Yee-haw boys, I might get me my first 19 pointer. I have a 16 point Alexander Ovechkin who would probably only need a few games to hit level 19. Maybe I'll get me some Bagration after all.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,650 posts
43,892 battles
5 hours ago, Mastodon2 said:

Yee-haw boys, I might get me my first 19 pointer. I have a 16 point Alexander Ovechkin who would probably only need a few games to hit level 19. Maybe I'll get me some Bagration after all.

i too admit that this is a factor to weigh in when you purchase a premium, compare with f.e. buy it in the armory later or by christmas crate. I have so many premiums however so I am pretty close to know that I do not have any low tier premiums to get before the T7-8 appears so for me waiting for christmas is viable.

But these fantasy ships are not that necessary for me as I have all old Soviet cruiser premiums incl. Kutuzov, Kronstadt and Smolensk. If I recieve them later fine. but I grind the new Soviets as usual, burned plenty on EU DDs as I am from Sweden so this time I abstain. 

It is many real ships that we are missing that I might be more interesting in as premiums - some battlecruisers f.e. or a Dutch ship for building up more EU captains, also some real RN ships. 

[SHAD]
Players
2,910 posts
12,598 battles
8 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Well they do say it's until 11 July without any number of games you can play in the product description in the shop:

Reveal hidden contents

Please note: until July 11, owners of this bundle will have access to special combat missions. Each battle played on cruisers Ochakov, Pyotr Bagration, and Mikoyan in Random, Co-op, Ranked Battles, or in Operations will bring you three times more XP than usual. You can obtain each of these combat missions only once per account.

And RU has the same text. Until July 11 you get x3 XP per game, no limitations. So practically they do sell with those terms.

This is what I am talking about:

You'll see there is no expiry on the assignment. Previously even the legendary module missions had an expiry even though they were initially never meant to expire. Wargaming explained that they had to give them an expiry and that the date would be refrshed later.

There is no such expiry on the P. Bagration boost.

20200515052038_1.jpg

[WG]
WG Staff
4,595 posts
4,410 battles
Před 19 hodinami Bald_Rookie řekl/a:

Hi.

Regards Bald_Rookie

Hello,

Good catch. I will investigate this issue.

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff
4,595 posts
4,410 battles
Před 2 hodinami gopher31 řekl/a:

This is what I am talking about:

You'll see there is no expiry on the assignment. Previously even the legendary module missions had an expiry even though they were initially never meant to expire. Wargaming explained that they had to give them an expiry and that the date would be refrshed later.

There is no such expiry on the P. Bagration boost.

20200515052038_1.jpg

If I am not mistaken, those mission never have expiration date. So while purchasing the ship, you should read until when you have time to use the bonus.

Also, connected to the question above, in the description there is this:

bagration .jpg

[CATCH]
Beta Tester
301 posts
9,137 battles
9 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

If I am not mistaken, those mission never have expiration date. So while purchasing the ship, you should read until when you have time to use the bonus.

bagration .jpg

While I haven't purchased a ship with bonus missions in a while, they used to have expiration dates. 

[BAD-A]
Players
641 posts
9,165 battles
10 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

bagration .jpg

The expiry date used to be shown for those x3 missions.

So the x3 is not limited to 25 battles?

Wow.  That's uncharacteristically generous considering previous similar missions!

[WG]
WG Staff
4,595 posts
4,410 battles
Před 2 minutami MyopicHedgehog řekl/a:

The expiry date used to be shown for those x3 missions.

So the x3 is not limited to 25 battles?

Wow.  That's uncharacteristically generous considering previous similar missions!

Před 4 minutami AkainuTaisho řekl/a:

While I haven't purchased a ship with bonus missions in a while, they used to have expiration dates. 

To be honest, I am not sure, as I can't check it myself. But I've dealt with similar complains about not visible expiry date before.

But in any case, announced mission UI change should solve this issue, hopefully.

Just now please keep in mind, that you have time until 11th July. Unfortunately, once the mission is in the game, it can't be easily rewritten.

• Cool 2