Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ThatOneDidntGoIn

0 Damage on Shells

12 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
304 posts
2,139 battles

Should any hits being doing 0 damage?

This has only shown up since the last update but hits at close range are not always doing damage. You can see they are hits, the explosions are obvious, but there is no damage done. Health does not reduce and the normal numbers indicating how much damage is done do not appear.

Currently only seeing this happen on the Wyoming.

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
6,265 battles

These are ricochet, they introduced it this patch.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
18 posts
114 battles

I had 8 torps hits (2 Japanese tb wings) with 0 dmg and no floods. Yes they armed in time because there were explosions and the hit counter went up to x8. But no damage or even floods.

Damn them american battleships have shield technology :P

Edited by Vilutin

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester
1,805 posts
9,352 battles

What, are you using AP? HE all the way dude...

No, just no...

BBs should still use AP because of the high damage citadel hits.

Cruiser AP is still more effective than HE vs Cruiser and DDs. That's also because of citadel hits.

Cruiser vs BBs, yes here is HE the right choice at the moment.

@topic: Dev bulletin 0.3.1

I'll quote the important parts.

"We removed entirely the kinetic damage of AP shells in case of ricochet and non-penetration"

"The damage from HE shells was reassessed upwards, although fragmentation splash won’t result in loss of combat capability points anymore"

No low damage hits with AP due to ricochets and non-penetrations and no HE splash damage if the armor is blocking it off.

I would recommend you read the whole first part of that post (up to the first spoilered picture) because there are also some other important changes about the armour system.

Edited by Lightbaron
  • Cool 1

Weekend Tester
1,668 posts
32 battles

"We removed entirely the kinetic damage of AP shells in case of ricochet and non-penetration"

Yeah, I'm not getting the point of that change....

When you had a bad salvo before at least you get those 200-300 damages, now you get literally nothing, just a bunch of badges 

How the hell does that improve anything? 

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,403 posts
20,144 battles

You cant get a fecking ricochet when you are both side by side , there is no bloody angles.

Get a screenshot to support your claim (I am assuming you have replays enabled?).

Oh, you can get a ricochet if the shell does strike a part of the superstructure when side by side.

[ZERG]
Alpha Tester
967 posts
2,797 battles

You cant get a fecking ricochet when you are both side by side , there is no bloody angles.

But it's still possible the shells won't go through the armour. Hence no damage. 

Someone said ricochets were introduced in the patch, actually they were already there just represented by small damage numbers and there was no bounce graphics to show it bouncing off the hull like there is now. 

Sign in to follow this