You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Camperdown

Your fav T7 for upcoming ranked?

94 comments in this topic

[LUZ1]
Players
864 posts
12,728 battles

The upcoming ranked season will be T7 (no CVs, awww :Smile-_tongue:). I have only a limited number of T7 ships, but would be interested to buy again 1 or 2 ships (for credits, no real money, so no premiums).

I now have Gadjah, Skane, Sinop, Gorizia, Surrey and Yorck. I am regrinding the Japanese DD line, at Fubuki now, so could buy Akatsuki too.

Which ships do you consider for the upcoming ranked season?

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,709 posts
6,663 battles

Not really into ranked. I might give it a try though, I have a fair few decent T7s lying around.

Fiji, ARP Myoko, Z-39, Gneisenau and Scharnhorst are candidates I'd at least try out.

Jervis and Haida might be decent as well.

• Cool 1

[PN4VY]
Players
358 posts
6,975 battles

DD: Definitely Gadja and maybe maass.
CA: Indianapolis and maybe Fiji
BB: Sinop is the clear winner here

[LUZ1]
Players
864 posts
12,728 battles
6 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

SinOP 

Interesting. I find Sinop sluggish, esp when uptiered. Let's see how she does against peers.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

BBs: Sinop is solid, other go-to tech tree option for me would be Gneisenau. Nagato and Colorado can work, but just have not that much going for them over the others. Lyon and KGV lack overmatch and thus might take too long to develop impact if things turn bad. Lyon also lacks hp.

Cruisers: Of what you have, hands down, I'd either play the Yorck or Gorizia. Yorck overall is a decent ship. Surrey might work, but short range is iffy. Algerie and Myoko might be useful heavy cruisers, though after testing Algerie, I'm a bit eh on the ship due to its maneuverability without speed boost being quite lackluster, as is the armour. Myoko seems more consistent to me, even though MBRB on Algerie should open up interesting possibilities. I might try it more, but I'm not sure. Gorizia is the heavy cruiser for those that can make SAP work. a Zara with hydro is no joke, as the torps are largely forgettable. Nice if you land them, but hardly ever game-deciding, while hydro can be. Fiji is the only light cruiser I'd recommend, Shchors is too fragile and Helena has dpm, but I feel like heavy cruisers just have more options.

Destroyers: Gadjah is ok, but Jervis is better. Akatsuki is iffy. Not the worst pick, but definitely not a great one either. Wouldn't get Akatsuki just for the Ranked. Skane can be useful, as could be Vauquelin, but those have a different playstyle and I'm not sure how well it works out in Ranked.

Personally, I'm not sure, but likely a wild mix of Gneisenau, Scharnhorst, Yorck, Algerie, Zara, Myoko and maybe Jervis or Sims. Some less because they are great, but just to see how they fare.

• Cool 1

Players
7,225 posts
245 battles

BB - Sinop, not really a fan of the other BB's at this tier.

CA - Algerie, Zara, Schores.

CL - None.

DD - Maaaassss, french one.

[SWAMP]
Players
563 posts
3,382 battles

I recently grinded the Gneisenau, and hated her all the way.

Thing is, those games where you actually get to use your torps effectively are rare, so mostly you are sitting there stuck and shooting your 6(!) wildly inaccurate rifles.
I suspect also that the meta is going to be t10'ish due to higher skilled players entering t7 ranked, which means more cautious ("campy") playstyles with ranged HE slinging, something Gneisenau really doesn't do well against.
She also doesn't have more than a 20'ish % torpedo belt and a really bad turning radius, and therefore can be heavily punished in a push against anything carrying torps.
You can definitely do well in her if it gets down to the late game and you can actually start brawling the remaining ships, but until then she struggles hard and plays like a shitty cruiser with BB matchmaking.
This also reduces her influence a lot, since, you often can't make yourself that useful in the early game, and as such her carrying power is questionable.

Maybe someone else can get her to work better, but in the end I only got two great games in her where I was allowed to brawl up close and get the kind of games I was looking for, while the rest were gun fights at range, where she really struggles.

It's all Jervis for me though. :D

[RONIN]
Players
456 posts
4,215 battles

DD- Maass

CL- Helena but grinding Schors also as option

BB- Schnarhorst but Gneisenau is the best, maybe if I have credits I ll buy him again since I was dumb enough to sell it. 

Players
6,058 posts
12,066 battles
22 minutes ago, Ouzo11 said:

DD: Definitely Gadja and maybe maass.
CA: Indianapolis and maybe Fiji
BB: Sinop is the clear winner here

No Sims?

Indi is kinda a meh ship though. Only good thing is its radar at tier 7 :Smile-_tongue:

Fiji is awesome! :cap_win:

SinOP is awesome! :cap_win:

Players
988 posts
22,028 battles

Think i change ships for variety. Only want to reach rang 10. 

DD: Z-39 (Hydro and Healtpool. Ok torps , Good Stealth. 

BB: maybe Sinop, maybe Ashitaka to flank. 

Cruiser: Belfast for DD Support. Yorck just because i can :-)

[LAWS]
Players
73 posts
5,992 battles

Can not wait for this, I play nearly exclusively Royal Navy tier 7 now

Fiji and Nelson will be getting alot of use out of this event! If there was anyway to get a Belfast I would jump at it!

[SHAD]
Players
2,910 posts
12,598 battles

Fiji and Belfast probably best for winning games. Z-39 might be very effective due to hydro.

Yorck should be good now especially if we see a lot of German battleships.

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
348 posts
5,072 battles

I have every non-DD T7 and will probably just use the ones I still need to grind.

[BBMM]
Players
6,338 posts
8,504 battles

Fiji for me, if I get myself tempted into that madness. 

Maybe Hood, it is pretty strong in T7. 

Helena or Shchors... or give Flint or Lyon a good run, finally. 

[RAIN]
Community Contributor
1,211 posts
16,560 battles

Gneisenau , Ashitaka, Leningrad, Blyska

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
40 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

CA - Fiji but many do the list (Zara better than Gori imo)

I'd take Gorizia over Zara. The reload difference is insignificant, but hydro is better than torps. Hydro will allow Gorizia to leave a purely supportive role and do stuff like actively push smokes, especially given it is German-grade hydro, so you out-hydro the likes of Belfast, Fiji and Flint (all which you overmatch, so if you find them in smoke they are in deep sh*t). Zara torps meanwhile are purely for harassing. At best you can charge a low health BB down, because even a Lyon, with the worst hp pool of the T7 BBs does not die to a measly 3 pasta torps with their poor damage. A good hydro has just so much more impact than those torps. And rest of the ship is basically the same for what it's worth. Only real difference worth noting not already touched upon is 500 m of range advantage on Zara (not insignificant, but spotter plane gives both more than enough range should it be necessary) and Gorizia having better smoke CD (also incredibly useful.

I do like my Zara, I want to play some Zara games in Ranked, but overall, I deem it a poor ship, because of the lack of utility. Gorizia fixes that to a degree. It doesn't make it a top pick, but certainly one I'd take over Zara.

• Cool 2