9,439 battles
On 5/13/2020 at 5:20 PM, YabbaCoe said:

WG_SPB_WoWS_Infographic_Release_094_Ranked_battles_1200x240.jpg

Start: Wed. 20 May 11:00 CEST (UTC+2)

End: Tue. 16 Jun. 10:30 CEST (UTC+2)

Format: 7 vs. 7 playing Tier VII ships
Rewards: up to 4,700 Steel and many additional rewards
Maps: Archipelago, Ring, Big Race, New Dawn, Trident, Neighbors, and Riposte

Thanks for this, It doesn't say it specifically so I will ask: Will it be possible to division up? 

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
17 hours ago, J4ckCarter said:

Thanks for this, It doesn't say it specifically so I will ask: Will it be possible to division up? 

No, as it's ranked. If you could it would be specifically stated that you can

[WG]
WG Staff
6,103 posts
4,486 battles
V 16. 5. 2020 v 17:49 J4ckCarter řekl/a:

Check the news, as today we will publish an article fully dedicated to this Rankeds :cap_like:

• Cool 2

Players
190 posts

So what a total waste of time, XP & credits..... Ranked continues to descend into ridicule:

• Team make up - 2 radar's on a team, ZERO on the other
  • One team made up entirely of "Pay to play" premiums, ZERO premiums on the other
  • De-Sync - if you actually manage to hit something then Stalin (RNG) has smiled upon you

Nope - not doing this until it is fixed / patched, no point in making the rich richer....... and no, I;m not holding my breath for a miracle to happen  either

Players
28 posts
21,646 battles

you managed to screw up ranked battles evenmore now it has absolutly no level anymore

pls all you money minded people of wow quit your job and give the game back to the gamers

Beta Tester
137 posts
12,981 battles

I got some questions for the developers about what WG calls "ranked battles":

Last year there was talk about how to "keep" experienced players in the loop, have enyone in charge checked the direction ranked battles have taken last years ? 

There are players playing ranked hwo barly know how to use tier 1-4 ships, let alone do competative gaming, this is NOT neihgter fun or challenging for experienced players.

It should explain itself that players with 50+ battles in any tier 7 ship struggeling hitting the average 30K damage mark has nothing to do in a competative gaming setting.

Also does the developer think that a player is ready for ranked after 400 battles ? Most players aint, even had players that have been so bad they had to reroll to get in to clans demanding certain stats, this players are the worst since they usually division up with someone who "can" and ends up being useless left alone.(without the guy telling them on teamspeak what to do and when)

And finally is there any plans to give experienced players who likes to try develop themself a non clan option for battles ingame ?  ( say ranked with minimum stat requirement or minimum average damage or/and winrate on ship used in ranked )

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
137 posts
12,981 battles

Lol, I have bene playing all sorts of MMOs last 15 years, most of them did lose players because they did become to easy, like world of warcraft, at the end it was aimed for all ages and all skill levels aka no skill level required, same with lord of the rings, star wars and the likes.

Then we have a uniqe game like EVE Online did lose some players because the learning curve was to hard, developers stated that if u didnt like it ud better find urself another game.

this games wasnt a team dependent game, you could pick ur own team when teams was needed or choose to do random teams or dont.

Then there is WG and world of warships, i have NEVER played a game where players quit because the game and setup is to stupid, must be a( russian) goal, to make crap out of gold wich they do well in all aspects.

Ranked battles along with their other many development skeemes kinda nails it.

Who with just a tiny amount of inteligence think players will have fun in battles where they:

halves the players on each team and make each player important for the team,,

Letting  humans with  miniscule understanding of the game who really doesnt want to learn enything play.

All this in a game where you team is everything, no one can sink 5-7 ships from full health to zero alone in any ship on demand over and over again.(myself getting top 3 almost every battle, saves my star 1 out of 5-6 battles)

Kinda fed up now, was working first 3 days of the ranked so i didnt get to play and get above rank 12-10 before the goon squad got there, now im stuck with players in [edited]sinops camping map borders or "sniping", or scharnost players thinking their prime weapon is the torpedoes..

The [edited]anoying thing is that Ranked battles is a great idea, if some inteligence was used implementing it, same goes with most of the other aspects in wows.(like the super russian reporting system, working as intended)

So i just wonder is there are any other players out there having same issue as me and my former world of worship mates (most have quit wows, or all but 1 out of around 20).

Im at the pont im just playing since i have used shitloads of cash on the game during all its years, have always hoped that developers had to fix some serious issues and change attitude but always gotten a face slap and [edited]spank back.

Is it worth hanging in ? the idea behind wows is very good, its just turns to crap on release...

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
381 posts
6,686 battles
21 hours ago, Joergensen said:

Im at the pont im just playing since i have used shitloads of cash on the game during all its years, have always hoped that developers had to fix some serious issues and change attitude but always gotten a face slap and [edited]spank back.

That is the greater problem here. Bad behaviour should not be rewarded. Wargaming is not like the social welfare system where you can actually think that giving them money you may see good results at least in some individuals who get support. Here the money you give WG shows them only that their product is in good shape, their marketing is working and their way of giving people incentives is the right way to go. Only way to show that you do not appreciate the way developing and marketing the game is to not give them money or quit altogether.

It is free to play after all. Try that for a while and see if it works for you. That way you send them a message that you do not like the way the game and it´s monetization is going hopefully giving them incentive to figure out what went wrong.

Players
1 post
11,009 battles

I want to suggest something for Ranked...... if your on the losing team that you lose a star regardless of your position in the team?  This may help encourage people to want to work together more as a team rather than looking to "Save a star"

Players
9 posts
4,195 battles

Not sure where I need to post this but the website directed me here. I joined my first ranked game and the server booted me out, along with other players and when I was finally able to hop back in, I had died. Please fix the server issues because having these issues in ranked sucks.

Edited by JakeSanchard
a word

[LUSOS]
Players
372 posts
21,736 battles
13 hours ago, kucuk_barbaros said:

is jolly roger flag isnt a reward of ranked anymore, is it? i just get ranked 1 today.

If you cant read the announcements, why would you read the answer to that question here?

Players
2 posts

HELP PLEASE

please REMOVE the rule that allow the 1st  of the team (on RANKED BATTLES)  to preserve his star becouse there are MANY peoples playing ONLY  to save their stars and not for the team, they play safe from distance or cover and DO NOT help anyone but therselves. I think WoWs as a teams game . i played over 300 battles without reaching the lower ranks due to this reason. Please fix it!
#RemoveRANKEDFirstPreserveStar

[LSCA]
Players
1,621 posts
12,747 battles

seriously guys, why players play ranked battle without camouflage, to they really not know how important this is in game

[OLEUM]
Players
60 posts
21,248 battles

One thing this season - only blind can't see that Sinop is a tier above all other T7 BBs. If someone was in doubt until now, this season is a proof. So sad to see classics like Nagato, Colorado to be of absolutely no use compared to something which never seen an ocean. This season was just about one BB. There are stronger/weaker CAs and DDs but there is still some variety of good ones while with BBs none! Yet another update, yet no remediation. Well, lousy balancing efforts can't suported. Obvio....

[-AA-]
Weekend Tester
88 posts
19,739 battles

Ranked was interesting, just made rank 1 again.

How to sum it up this time..

Radars(since vision is key)  and especially SinOP's all over the place..

Meta DD:

-  Haida

- Jervis (barely),

- Z-39 (T-8 in T7 wow who would have thought)

Meta cruisers:

-Belfast (if the player was no patato)

-Atlanta (same goes but even more suicidal player lol)

-Fuji (good DD counter if teams DD or Radar were up to their task)

-Flint (did not provide much more besides concealed daka like Fuji)

Meta BB:

-SinOP (who would have though right?)

-Nelson (HE on a DD hits like a truck and maybe burn SinOP?)

- Some german, US of A ships and maybe even Japanese? joke lol)

It again was sort of a crap show with many players just sailing around doing jack and running away from victory, but what can you expect from a free to play game right?

Focus fire and spotting was key as always, also having BB players who knew how to get crossfires going and knew when and how to push when needed were instrumental, Sadly the game does not

teach these things very good.

I loved playing a Jervis, Flint and finally the Atlanta to progress although dropping an entire rank with some star keeping in between is fun.

Wish there was some way for WG to balance radars and hydro dd in this game, Since most BB players used SinOP that was not a real issue.

Seeing 3 radars against or even 1 against none on your own team is not fun mostly, Same goes for the enemy team, but then again having radar and sometimes even smoke and hydro does not give you super powers.

Thank you WG for the "fun" and the "free" stuff and on to the next ranked sprint.

P.s: Good thing CV were not in this ranked otherwise i would not even have bothered below rank 10.

P.s 2: And star keeping was once more tied to doing most damage, even if you spotted for like 70K ish damage you would not mather being a DD, just like randoms sadly.

Spoiler

shot-20_06.10_15_29.12-0815.thumb.jpg.4b93f6b1b6d126edef2dcf0a44b7f97d.jpgshot-20_06.10_13_46.48-0906.thumb.jpg.9609c998e394a190b685fb285267b899.jpgshot-20_06.13_10_26.01-0838.thumb.jpg.986b904a4716291fa604b8c0e71396cf.jpgshot-20_06.10_22_02.01-0590.thumb.jpg.c794d8ce43f892d500b075abb188584c.jpgshot-20_06.15_09_12.45-0659.thumb.jpg.77acb8bfd9cb9a92e10868eeebd5dcd7.jpgshot-20_06.14_22_48.16-0922.thumb.jpg.02f145e5e54c0471804cb3b04a1fde53.jpgshot-20_06.14_22_31.02-0536.thumb.jpg.163f991c1124cc8fd5fe21bf99eb8707.jpgshot-20_06.14_18_21.37-0114.thumb.jpg.6a6fe7305d6a44fc541fb197d757ae48.jpgshot-20_06.14_18_33.55-0156.thumb.jpg.21fde58bdcf80c8b8779ca078e2ed40b.jpgshot-20_06.14_16_30.55-0584.thumb.jpg.ea29b2698d84b3e866ab2f33a6c99f46.jpgshot-20_06.14_16_02.59-0586.thumb.jpg.2dd73a10a987c0a3563027912dbca673.jpgshot-20_06.14_16_02.44-0619.thumb.jpg.af9260e639d89f721b1781b5606b5cc2.jpgshot-20_06.13_11_14.48-0189.thumb.jpg.b8d66d554a93dbe0f2a35318bcd44014.jpgshot-20_06_06_01_30.43-0935.thumb.jpg.c89c97cf36ebc7af9ecf54e0907e4d0a.jpg

shot-20.06.15_09.34.11-0772.jpg

[PWNED]
Beta Tester
43 posts
28,160 battles

Overall, I really liked the fact that it wasn t T10 and even more so that there were no CVs, I kinda doubt I d have played if it had been T10 again.

A very long time ago, you did a T7 ranked season before and it was commonly deemed as the worst of all seasons up to that point (smoke detection mechanics and map pool was different and ofc certain ships didn t exist back then or were changed) and it ended up being all about smoke and radar which only was available to Belfast (possibly Indy was out as well, not sure anymore). Lots has changed since but I d say mostly for the better with 1 exception. SinOP with its overmatch, pinpoint accuracy and great armour is in a league of its own - at least in this environment where short range engagements really matter.

Belfast clearly isn t what you can call a well balanced ship but in this environment a Sinop seems to require even less effort to do well in than a Belfast (or Fiji). Ofc well played Fijis or Belfasts are forces to be reckoned but despite all gimmicks, they still are far less forgiving when it comes to player errors than Sinop which seemed far more forgiving whilst still having the ability to do great. It s the relation between effort & impact which is off there.

Whilst having a Belfast & Fiji I decided to go for the Yorck with the hope that I can rely on my smoke firing ability, buffed AP and the yolo power of the torps whilst expecting that most enemies will be more stationary island abusers or smoke cruisers and clearly there was barely a game where I regretted that choice. I played it very AP heavy trying to make use of the more stationary nature of Flints, Atlantas, Belfasts, Fijis and the decent gun characteristics even at mid-longer ranges against DDs.

Made it from 10.2 to rk 1 in 81 battles with 67.9% WR ..but okay, let s not forget that ranked is more down to "who has the weakest 2 players on the team" instead of "who has the best" and clearly sample sizes of games played are too small to be really telling.

Final verdict: T7 was a nice change esp as there were no CVs and I d like to see more non-T10 seasons and CVs shouldn t be in any format that has less than 12 players.

• Cool 1