[WG]
WG Staff
6,103 posts
4,486 battles

WG_SPB_WoWs_Update_094_1920x622.jpg

Due to the installation of the Update, the server will be unavailable:

Until: Thu. 14 May 10:00 CEST (UTC+2)

Update size: 3.1 GB

All information about the Update you can find in the article Update 0.9.4: Soviet Cruisers

Interface, Graphics and Audio

7e8dbc42-92bc-11ea-9d06-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

The design of the Modules tab has been updated. Under this tab, you can now view all upgrades and consumables for any ships that you haven't yet obtained.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_ammunition_EN_2_1920x1080.jpg

Ships can be researched and obtained via the Tech Tree screen. Click on a ship once to open the Spec Sheet with Purchase/Research buttons. Click on a ship twice to open the Modules tab. Clicking on an empty area of the Tech Tree will hide the Spec Sheet.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_tech_tree_EN_1920x1080.jpg

• The consumable and armament icons have been updated.
  • The Northern Lights, Shatter, Sleeping Giant, Loop, Greece, and Crash Zone Alpha maps have been reworked to accommodate the new lighting model and enhanced HDR technology.
  • A special animation is now displayed when a shell ricochets off armor.
  • We’ve enhanced the visual display of boat handrails, as well as rigging, in Ports and on maps.
  • Updated the national voiceovers for Polish, Dutch, and Austro-Hungarian ships. The presence of any unique Commander voiceovers is now taken into account when the "National+" voiceover is selected.

Game Maps and Modes

WG_SPB_WoWS_Infographic_Release_094_armory_Maps_1200x240.jpg

The following maps have been reworked:

• Loop: the location of islands has been updated. This will make approaching Key Areas and maneuvering within them easier.
  • The Atlantic: an island located in square A7 at the map border has been removed.

WG_SPB_WoWs_minimaps_loop_new_EN_1920x1080.jpg

WG_SPB_WoWs_minimaps_the_atlantic_new_EN_1920x1080.jpg

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Armory is partially untranslated.

I can't read cyrillic and I am sure that I am not alone in this.

Edit: Seems to be fixed now.

You once again changed a user setting without consent or informing us beforehand. For the millionth time: Leave my port alone.

• Cool 7

[WULF]
Players
7 posts
20,564 battles

Looks like CV has been screwed yet again not shown in patch notes but Haku is now much weaker vs AA such lies from the wargaming team can't even be honest about nerfs anymore v v sad indeed - stop fukin the CV's AA is OP enough ty.

• Funny 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,381 posts
4,220 battles

Who decided to increase the BLUR of overlays like Modules etc ? It looks really awful and is not controllable at all.

Can we get that fixed ?

Or point my nose to where the control is that reduces it please ...

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
2,034 posts
18,911 battles
Vor 23 Minuten, Hugh_Ruka sagte:

Who decided to increase the BLUR of overlays like Modules etc ? It looks really awful and is not controllable at all.

Can we get that fixed ?

Or point my nose to where the control is that reduces it please ...

Yes please. Somehow half my ship is gone.

Unbenannt.thumb.png.09939a2d47836386dd0566b128f3c127.png

The art department does such a fine job, no need to block it.

• Cool 5

Players
2 posts
10,455 battles

So after finishing the first available directive I get 8 soviet containers, and I manage to gain 80 tokens. 

The first T5 bundle, the Mykoian costs 300 tokens, really WG ??? I need to complete another 2 directives at least in order to get that junk ship ???

I can see the strategy,  few tokens inside the containers in order to spend doubloons/real money for unlocking the ship.

This is rubbish, thank you for being so greedy:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 5

Players
1,161 posts

WG asking for feedback just seems to me as pointless as Oliver asking for more :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,129 posts
Just now, Daz_Kapital said:

My Eu WGC dont download new Patch  client still at 9.3.1

did you try to run the WG Check?

• Cool 1

[RTFM]
Players
32 posts

worked after I went into game settings and checked for inital software, then it updated some windows component and then it started to updated :) thx 

Players
68 posts
4,801 battles

Why should a waste soviet tokens to grab the Mikoyan and her camo if I have already bought the soviet bundle?

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,261 posts
23,343 battles
1 hour ago, PenesCurcanu_ said:

So after finishing the first available directive I get 8 soviet containers, and I manage to gain 80 tokens. 

The first T5 bundle, the Mykoian costs 300 tokens, really WG ??? I need to complete another 2 directives at least in order to get that junk ship ???

I can see the strategy,  few tokens inside the containers in order to spend doubloons/real money for unlocking the ship.

This is rubbish, thank you for being so greedy:Smile_facepalm:

I got 330 tokens from the 4 PTS containers. This RNG system is BS, I don't like it at all. The variance of buyable containers is even worse, spend doubloons and get 5 tokens or 700 like wtf.

• Cool 6

[CLUE]
Players
5 posts
3,159 battles

Congratulations WG. You finally made the MM as bad as the one in WoT. IM utterly sick and tired of one team steamrolling the other within a few minutes, Its gotten ALOT worse after 9.4. Im considering quitting this game as it is for now. The fun is gone as it is right now.

• Cool 2

[ALYEN]
Players
2,381 posts
4,220 battles
2 hours ago, Sven_Hazel said:

Congratulations WG. You finally made the MM as bad as the one in WoT. IM utterly sick and tired of one team steamrolling the other within a few minutes, Its gotten ALOT worse after 9.4. Im considering quitting this game as it is for now. The fun is gone as it is right now.

well ... after a 27% WR evening, I cannot say it is a problem with the MM ...

Players
118 posts

Well  I have to say, first time this year I have something to do at all even if WG screwed us who grinded enough exp to unlock Tallinn/Nevsky. Finally Co-op games are just games, not 3 minutes sprint who will get to bots before enemy points score hit 0. So yeah I like that, because I don't have time to play Randoms at all I can at least enjoy co-op more than usual... 

I like prem consumables replacements. I had no idea I've hoarded over 75M of those, expected at most 15M. Spend credits already repurchasing many ships I've sold earlier. LOL Finally I won't pull Mr Conway every now and then when joining Random. Don't have to worry now. Co-op profitability was non-existent with prem cons before 9.4. Even in Randoms when you got steamrolled it was as bad as co-op. Small bonus to operational cost reduction of CVs is also welcome. I was banging for this for ages. What else oh, yes of course detonating Ochakov tastes as sweet as Smolensk. :cat_cool: Directives rewards are finally back to semi-decentish, not some one lame signal.

What I certainly don't like is that this whole "arc" is spanning 3 patches. That's simply daft. Bundles except Mikoyan itself are total mess if you have enough exp on Donskoi and Shchors. Forcing people to get Prem Camo for a ship they don't have is :etc_swear: and something only WG or EA can pull.  I (and I'm sure many others) don't like camos which alter the geometry of the ship. It's total pain in the bottom to untangle ships if you bump into one another. I had exactly that situation yesterday. Granted these camos at least are very nice, not so ghastly like Halloween monstrosities, but still geometry of the hull is slightly altered, enough to hook-up passing destroyed by an anchor and drag him for 3 minutes. Of course to maximize fully you have to get Bagration and Ochakov and it's kind of below lame that WG still persist with this dog poo.

[OHFK]
Players
273 posts
7,246 battles

@YabbaCoe @Chrysanthos

Enterprise sounds are bugged atm.

If you get hit by enterprise rockets, it plays an incredible loud sound.

The same goes for torpedoes hitting the water when dropped from a plane: way too loud!

• Cool 1

[PST]
Players
59 posts
17,727 battles

WG you want feedback on this pile of excrement? Don't make me laugh. Top of the losing side in 3 of 4 games last night and no wins.  Its obvious all you care about is income from new players and dont give two figs for the rest of us

Players
1 post
824 battles

Game Update (3.5.2.0.1760)  of 2 days ago  was succesfull.

Openingscreen does show, pressing the "Play" button as usual.

Nothing happens, game doesn,t launch, no messgaes no Errors, nothing.

WGCheck-EU, installed. "you have downloaded the latest game version".

Playing Donkey Kong now,

Players
1,065 posts

Some initial impressions:

FPS seems to have dropped somewhat in this patch.

The new port was rather disappointing compared to how pretty Fjords was for previous (I've gone back to Fjords now), which didn't make a great first impression.

There are no extra additions to the tokens in the Soviet containers (coal, camos etc.) like there were in the European containers, and the token amounts seem to have gone down where the bundle prices seem to start off higher; needless to say the extra level of RNG between first- and second-most token amounts is even more frustrating than it was last time.

Happy that the permaflages are no longer tied to increasingly heavy base XP grinds; however there are only half as many ships as with Euro DDs which makes it seem like less effort has been expended for this event.

The extra opacity on the port screen UI elements is a little annoying, particularly on the Exterior tab. It's nice that we can finally see Consumables/Upgrades for ships we don't yet have though.

The Hawkins reload buff is very welcome, it should hopefully go some way towards making her competitive.

The Consumables icons seem mostly fine, but on the Speed Boost icon the small green speed gauge in the bottom right corner looks rather too much like a sonar display, which is a little confusing at first.

Also, Dasha looks rather unimpressed in the video thumbnail... :Smile_hiding:

[YAARR]
Players
6 posts
7,529 battles

how about making some changes to game and stop adding new things every few weeks so that can follow up with the last changes? Also make some changes to MM...you can t have a tier 6 against tier 8 CV! 1 rocket attack cost almost half life of my BB and start 3 fires!!! REALLY????? You can add a penalty so the lower tier takes less damage...is not like you can take down the airplanes with this crap AA even with a flag or captain upgrade. And you really NEED to change that a dead CV player can still attack and kill you!!!! Or you can change the name of game to WORLD OF CARRIERS.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,034 posts
18,911 battles
Am 15.5.2020 um 15:41, Zigiran sagte:

@YabbaCoe @Chrysanthos

Enterprise sounds are bugged atm.

The same goes for torpedoes hitting the water when dropped from a plane: way too loud!

Torpedo drop sound is also extraordinarily loud on other CVs.

• Cool 2

Players
1 post
3,967 battles

I'm not a very qualified player but for sure there are a lot of new stuff which makes the game better.

However, I need to say that I face tremendous performance deterioration on the interface and on the battles. Everything is freezing and running really slow even though I changed the graphics settings to lowest.

I think there is something preventing the game from running smoothly. During freezing I notice also the sound stucking and for a while a ping rise. It may be a server side problem causing conflict to the client.

My interent is pretty stable and well above requirements 125/125mb.

Hope this helps a little.

• Cool 1

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
On 5/18/2020 at 7:24 PM, Johnny_Moneto said:

Torpedo drop sound is also extraordinarily loud on other CVs.

Yep, I can confirm these bugs as well. :Smile_great:

[DUBO]
Players
69 posts

I really love the new loading screen, it almost makes me seasick!

PS: This is not sarcasm, I really love how a little means creates a BIG effect.