Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
luokailk

400000 coal for Italian unique commander collection!!!

34 comments in this topic

[KITEN]
Players
178 posts
20,435 battles

In 0.9.4, 6000 coal for 1 Italian unique commander collection box!!! Recall that for repeated collection, the rate is 5:1, if one get's unlucky, he has to get almost 400000 coal for the commander, compared to any other unique commander (like the OP Russian Nicolay, 17200 coal). That price is frankly, TOO much. If the price is 2000 coal per box, that will be equal to the current price compared to the others. @WG_staff

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,076 posts
13,454 battles
2 minutes ago, luokailk said:

In 0.9.4, 6000 coal for 1 Italian unique commander collection box!!! Recall that for repeated collection, the rate is 5:1, if one get's unlucky, he has to get almost 400000 coal for the commander, compared to any other unique commander (like the OP Russian Nicolay, 17200 coal). That price is frankly, TOO much. If the price is 2000 coal per box, that will be equal to the current price compared to the others. @WG_staff

This containers are meant to complete the collection which was part of event six months ago - not to start it now. 

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
30,072 posts
15,430 battles

The boxes are for people missing some parts of the collection, not doing the complete collection.

• Cool 2

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,119 posts

and of course the containers will give you "bonus" stuff, 3 Italian camos and either 15x signals or 3k FreeXP or 7.5k Elite CommanderXP...

Players
2,096 posts
8,663 battles

Playing a WG game is about developing your mental strength. Can you resist spending on worthless or overpriced stuff? Can you resist doing insane grinds?

• Cool 5
  • Funny 8

[KITEN]
Players
178 posts
20,435 battles
1 hour ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

This containers are meant to complete the collection which was part of event six months ago - not to start it now. 

Hi thanks, but even though it's too expensive. Me for example, I miss 8 collections, so the worst case ( such that I always got repeated ones and have to buy it with 1:5 ration) is 8x5x6000=240000 coal, much expensive than the Russian commander Nicolay (17200 coal)! It's really TOO much!!! WG, please make it equal to the other commanders, we know the math.

Players
6,058 posts
12,094 battles
1 hour ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

But what about people who will want to get an italian supercommander later somewhere down the line?

• Cool 3

Players
6,058 posts
12,094 battles
19 minutes ago, Mastodon2 said:

Didn't WG say that Sansonetti would come to the armory for coal at some point?

It kinda is. But the total amount you can get it for is now a matter of RNG/gambling instead of a set amount.

[_OC_]
Players
91 posts
1,301 battles

Yeah but I expect that they'll probably add him in for a chunk of coal for a "buy outright" option rather than gambling crates. I hope they do anyway, I joined the game right in the middle of the Italian cruisers event so I only got a few crates from that collection. If I had to coal gamble, that would be mega expensive, but I do want Sansonetti since I'm grinding Venezia now.

[PISH]
Players
417 posts
3,774 battles

Its nice opening up the option for people who didn't get the collection completed during the RM Cruisers event.

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,119 posts
25 minutes ago, Mastodon2 said:

Didn't WG say that Sansonetti would come to the armory for coal at some point?

as far as I remember they only said the containers (to get him) would show up for coal

[_OC_]
Players
91 posts
1,301 battles
8 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

as far as I remember they only said the containers (to get him) would show up for coal

Urgh. I guess I'll have to wait a while as I want to get Lütjens first. Probably an unpopular opinion but if WG are going to put commanders in the game who are earnable via gameplay they should put them up for cash or doubloons too. I'd buy a 10 or 15 point Sansonetti, Lütjens and the busted AF Russian commander in an instant if they were offered.

[KITEN]
Players
178 posts
20,435 battles

the point is, you will have Lutjens for 17200 coal for sure, for the italien one, it could be 400000+ coal!!!

[PISH]
Players
417 posts
3,774 battles

I can't check at work is the collection available to collect from the daily crates?

[KITEN]
Players
178 posts
20,435 battles

they said that it's available from the Amory, so prepare ridiculous  400000+ coal for the Italian one:(

[CHEFT]
Players
12,416 posts
9,841 battles

:cap_wander_2:

You think you will get only 3 collection items and 68 duplicates?

During the event, the maximum amount of containers you could get was (4 free)

image.png.75d3aca46b1afec67dcbea4e6ca03282.png

(+ i believe we got 2 as compensation)

But with those 38 containers the mathematical chance was >98% IIRC (what WG calculated themselves)

So lets say you need 40 containers, which is 240k coal. But in reality, its actually less than that. If you would need 30 Containers, you would look at 180k Coal, a good estimate is somewhere between those 2 numbers.

• Cool 1

[NCDF]
Players
224 posts
6,559 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, luokailk sagte:

they said that it's available from the Amory, so prepare ridiculous  400000+ coal for the Italian one:(

Doubt it. 

Just one tip to reduce the containers needed: Wait with exchanging items with dublicats until you actually can finish it with dublicats. Because if you don't, you will need more containers because the chances to get a new item from containers incrieses. 

As example: If ou have 10 items collected, and 5 dublicats, getting a new item from a containers has a chance of 6/16, which is around 37.5%.

But if you exchange the 5 dublicats, you then have 11 items, giving you a chance of 5/16 for the next containers to get a new part (31.25%). 

So you want to wait until the very end to finish the collection with cublicats. Otherwise it's your own fault if you end up needing 400k coal...

[KITEN]
Players
178 posts
20,435 battles

Well it's gambling, between  say, 180K coal and 400k+ coal, the average is==? you do the math, should be much higher than the current price 19200 coal, which is already extremely high as agreed by the community (otherwise guys would prefer to get those commanders rather than any coal ship such as Smolensk first). It is good only if WG guarantee the redundancy rate is very low (say 10 %). 

Imagine the follow case: a player spent already 190k coal (which is the current price) and find only half of the collection, will he continue (up to 400K coal), or just give up (where those 190k coal could used for another commander or IX coal ship). This is actually coal inflation that WG don't tell you.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,416 posts
9,841 battles
13 minutes ago, luokailk said:

Well it's gambling, between  say, 180K coal and 400k+ coal, the average is==? you do the math, should be much higher than the current price 19200 coal, which is already extremely high as agreed by the community (otherwise guys would prefer to get those commanders rather than any coal ship such as Smolensk first). It is good only if WG guarantee the redundancy rate is very low (say 10 %). 

Imagine the follow case: a player spent already 190k coal (which is the current price) and find only half of the collection, will he continue (up to 400K coal), or just give up (where those 190k coal could used for another commander or IX coal ship). This is actually coal inflation that WG don't tell you.

Its literally impossible to need 400k Coal to get it :cap_old:

240k is a rough estimate for the maximum youll need in 99,99% of the cases. I wish id have the link where WG did the math oh well.. was on reddit IIRC

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/205655-finished-the-resolute-and-rapid-collection/

Someone got it with 24... thats 144k Coal! And thats more likely than needing 240k Coal btw.

ah got it, btw the exchange rate is 4:1 contrary to what it said in the news back then

image.png.7dc02c222252f79c93d55f21032f2762.png

there is a really high chance, that Sansonetti is cheaper to obtain than the others for 175k Coal.

• Cool 1

[KITEN]
Players
178 posts
20,435 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Its literally impossible to need 400k Coal to get it :cap_old:

240k is a rough estimate for the maximum youll need in 99,99% of the cases. I wish id have the link where WG did the math oh well.. was on reddit IIRC

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/205655-finished-the-resolute-and-rapid-collection/

Someone got it with 24... thats 144k Coal! And thats more likely than needing 240k Coal btw.

ah got it, btw the exchange rate is 4:1 contrary to what it said in the news back then

image.png.7dc02c222252f79c93d55f21032f2762.png

there is a really high chance, that Sansonetti is cheaper to obtain than the others for 175k Coal.

Well, "cheaper"? Let's do the math then:

Imagine your "best case" as above:

25 containers -60.88% chance

25x6000 coal=846195 coal, almost 5 times of the 19200 coal,  you can get FIVE Nicolay in this way!!! 5 times more expensive, you call that cheaper?

• Bad 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,416 posts
9,841 battles
7 minutes ago, luokailk said:

Well, "cheaper"? Let's do the math then:

Imagine your "best case" as above:

25 containers -60.88% chance

25x6000 coal=846195 coal, almost 5 times of the 19200 coal,  you can get FIVE Nicolay in this way!!! 5 times more expensive, you call that cheaper?

image.thumb.png.aa13fec0fe3fe337a7aa40d4efc41a49.png

image.png.618e81d24fa3bef43c404bbf3d70239e.png

Its 175.000 coal for all of those, so Sansonetti is close to that, some will get him cheaper, some might pay a bit more.

Also 25*6000 is 150.000 not 800k+

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,511 posts
17,844 battles

Awesome, I missed this collection. So now I can finally complete it.

PS: disappointed, came here hoping to find only rubbish and actually got some information.

PS 2: @luokailk you are aware your cellphone, tablet and computer have something called a calculator? Try typing in  25 x 6000 and check the result. You might be surprised.

• Funny 2

Sign in to follow this