Server Downtime 21/02 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
del528461598

premium ammo and consumables about to ruin a great game - proof

51 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
8 posts

Take a look at this google trend: https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=world%20of%20warplanes

Even better: https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=%2Fm%2F0c03cdz%2C%20%2Fm%2F0gysshs&cmpt=q&tz=

What does this show? This shows how a pay to win model kills a game's popularity fast. In the case of world of warplanes, it never even got off the ground. In the case of world of tanks, premium items don't contribute enough to the game to break it. 

What will happen to world of warships?

note: This is coming from someone who has played all 3, and has paid war gaming for premium time and tanks(and now a ship).

So what is pay to win in wargaming games? "Any direct advantage you have that isn't considered by matchmaking and can be bought with real money." This is also assuming match making is fair.

The word itself expresses the problem: premium. Just outright better and more expensive. I really like the new flags that give minor boosts based on previous achievements, as well as consumables that are simply treated as abilities. Premium ammo on the other hand, doesn't make the game any more fun, and only generates more income in the short term if any.

Premium ammo should stay in wot and not come into this game. In wot, you're never supposed to get hit. Here, battleships by design are meant to get hit and survive. That being said, ammo that is outright better will just turn this game into pay-to-win. Ditto for consumables.

Hate to say this but I am considering getting a refund ever since I heard that premium ammo was even considered.

Edited by Krotux
  • Cool 4

Beta Tester
116 posts
2,465 battles

Take a look at this google trend: https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=world%20of%20warplanes

Even better: https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=%2Fm%2F0c03cdz%2C%20%2Fm%2F0gysshs&cmpt=q&tz=

What does this show? This shows how a pay to win model kills a game's popularity fast. In the case of world of warplanes, it never even got off the ground. In the case of world of tanks, premium items don't contribute enough to the game to break it. 

note: This is coming from someone who has played all 3, and has paid war gaming for premium time and tanks(and now a ship).

The word itself expresses the problem: premium. Just outright better and more expensive. I really like the new flags that give minor boosts based on previous achievements, as well as consumables that are simply treated as abilities. Premium ammo on the other hand, doesn't make the game any more fun, and only generates more income in the short term if any.

Premium ammo should stay in wot and not come into this game. In wot, you're never supposed to get hit. Here, battleships by design are meant to get hit and survive. That being said, ammo that is outright better will just turn this game into pay-to-win. Ditto for consumables.

Hate to say this but I am considering getting a refund ever since I heard that premium ammo was even considered.

But where did you get the idea of premium ammo?? Premium memberships isn't equal with premium ammo and there is no premium ammo in this game!

chris-rock-huh-face.gif

• Cool 2

[SKIDZ]
Beta Tester
170 posts
6,717 battles

Even in WoT, where you get called a gold using noob by disgruntled players who have just died to a premium round shot, the premium ammo has been available for normal in game credits for quite a while now, and so can't really be considered as pay to win.  Having said that, it has left a level of toxicity within the game from the days when it was only available if you paid real money for it, and on that basis alone I wouldn't like to see it coming to WoW.

• Cool 3

[POI--]
Beta Tester
198 posts
1,220 battles

Gold consumables I think were mentioned as being ones that you could use once or something, but were more effective than the standard damage control, and that seems fine to me. Gold ammo I don't see happening.

[BEIC]
Beta Tester
30 posts
10,289 battles

Given there is a greyed out option tab called ammunition / consumables on the modules screen, I would bet a salty sea dog :playing: and a shoulder parrot premium ammo will be hitting the high seas soon.

shot-15.05.17_00.51.25-0280.jpg

See you at sea

:honoring:

• Cool 4

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester
1,804 posts
8,706 battles

I could here post 100 lines about WoWp but I prefere to save my time and put it short.

It's not premium ammunition that ruined WoWp (in fact the prem ammo system there is one of the few plus left) but Persha Studia that's [edited]up WoWp with every patch again and again making it worse and worse with their delusional way of thinking.

Imo it was a good game once until they started going that "[edited]you customers we are doing it our way" thinking that made WoWp what it is now.

I'm sure Lesta won't go the same way and make WoWs better than Persha did it with WoWp.

So let's wait and see what the future may bring us and give constructive feedback instead of tons of whine.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
15 posts
4,272 battles

It's inevitable to be here. 

I'd rather it didn't happen but it will.

Devs put money over gameplay every time.

Beta Tester
15 posts
4,272 battles

I could here post 100 lines about WoWp but I prefere to save my time and put it short.

It's not premium ammunition that ruined WoWp (in fact the prem ammo system there is one of the few plus left) but Persha Studia that's [edited]up WoWp with every patch again and again making it worse and worse with their delusional way of thinking.

Imo it was a good game once until they started going that "[edited]you customers we are doing it our way" thinking that made WoWp what it is now.

I'm sure Lesta won't go the same way and make WoWs better than Persha did it with WoWp.

So let's wait and see what the future may bring us and give constructive feedback instead of tons of whine.

One man's whine is another man's feedback.

Beta Tester
153 posts

I assume WoWs will follow WoT cash shop, aka no major advantage. That is, if they want the game to grow as big.

I've seen a lot of Koream mmorpgs with OP cash items, but they are either dead now or about to die.

Weekend Tester
1,668 posts
32 battles

These charts only show that WoWp is a terrible game

If you want to make a statistic about pay-to-win model, then you first need to explain to me when exactly WoWp and Wot became a pay-to-win game?

I'm asking this because i saw p2w games and WoT or WoWp are none of those. They are pay to progress. Also when exactly did they introduced this model, because all I can see from these google search results(Seriously, not even player count?) Are popular Youtube videos being released, and other promotional events...

Look, they probably release Premium Ammunition into this game as well, The main question is how they implement it?

I though about it a little and the only possible ammunition they could introduce as premium are the APCBC shells- Armor-Piercing Capped  Ballistic Cap

that would only improve the flight performance of the shells, they's experience less drag and such

They'd have more penetrating power, greater accuracy, longer range and higher velocity. 

Now, on the gun descriptions they say APC, but I'm guessing that's already APCBC in most cases(late-war guns and such)

Now, Super-heavy shells are out of the equation, because only the USN used them and they are already in-game (Baltimore turret upgrade, Cleveland, NC, Iowa, Montana)

And remember that increased penetration would only mean that you'd be able to citadel a guy from 14 km instead of 13 km, It is essentially only affects long range engagements, where you can dodge the enemy's fire. 

Alpha Tester
1,427 posts
558 battles

That's proof of causality?

I laughed, cried, and threw up all at once.  Please never have to make an important judgement that will affect others.

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,351 battles

It's inevitable to be here. 

I'd rather it didn't happen but it will.

Devs put money over gameplay every time.

Hello Draig,

I certainly am not going to teach you to suck eggs as you are obviously a very intelligent person but the bottom line will always remain the same, with all FtP games, there has to be a solid financial model as the base of the game. You and I (and countless others) have contributed hard earned money to enjoy the playing experience even more that you would if you chose/choose to play without paying a single cent. So, those that choose to pay Premium will enjoy benefits over those that choose to play freely and that should always be the way. Free means just that and if I was able to partake in an activity for free I would certainly not decry those that have paid to enjoy a superior experience over mine. 

Put it this way, I wish airlines would employ the same system meaning I could fly for free in cattle-class whilst those in Club-class funded my flight through their superior experience!

I will add to what Lightbaron spoke about regarding WoWp and Premium ammunition. It certainly never ruined the game and never had any adverse impact on gameplay, I have in all my time there never witnessed any complaints about it and I am positive the same will apply here. Its (WoWp) failure was more about retaining balance within the game and not having premium ammunition.

Duca

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles

the premium ammo has been available for normal in game credits for quite a while now, and so can't really be considered as pay to win. 

While it's true that you can buy premium shells for credits, you basically need to have a premium account or premium tanks to be able to afford that.

It's an indirect mechanic that is in essence still pay to win.

It was actually quite a genius move from WG if you ask me. No direct pay to win system means that the existence of such mechanics will become debatable while they still make loads of money off premium accounts in the meantime. Less whining and more revenue. I don't know what happened with Warplanes but I'd suspect a similar system in Warships once they introduce more shell types. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

Soooo,,,,assuming they would introduce "premium" Ammo...what should it do? Icreased Penetration Value? Not needed, because mostly BBs use it in 3.1 and well, with a few riccochets, i can live with. Increased chance of setting the enemy on fire maybe? Not needed, skills in there. So, do you see any need for something like premium ammo? I don´t.

Regarding premium consumables...what would they look like? Only thing i could think of, is a repair tool, wich lets you repair fully destroyed Turrets and thats about it, wich tbh, would be quite good since some ships just love to lose turrets :teethhappy:

Edited by Smi2k

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Weekend Tester
397 posts
5,218 battles

Soooo,,,,assuming they would introduce "premium" Ammo...what should it do? Icreased Penetration Value? Not needed, because mostly BBs use it in 3.1 and well, with a few riccochets, i can live with. Increased chance of setting the enemy on fire maybe? Not needed, skills in there. So, do you see any need for something like premium ammo? I don´t.

Regarding premium consumables...what would they look like? Only thing i could think of, is a repair tool, wich lets you repair fully destroyed Turrets and thats about it, wich tbh, would be quite good since some ships just love to lose turrets :teethhappy:

Hmm what could premium ammo do ? 

How about:

More accurate / less dispersion at range.

More damage per shell.

Higher muzzle velocity.

More stealthy torpedoes.

Faster torpedoes.

More explosive torpedoes.

There are many mechanics they could add to give premium ammo an advantage, personally I hope they don't include it as regardless of the actual effects in game it will be harmful for the community in general.  We still need to have ammo limited, I expect this will come before any premium (if any premium does come), as there would always be those that would buy extraordinary amounts and spam it all the time.

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

Hmm what could premium ammo do ? 

How about:

More accurate / less dispersion at range. 

Would be useless, most fight at ranges under 10km because they aint hitting anything above and that wouldnt change.

More damage per shell.

Would never happen.

Higher muzzle velocity.

Ok, would be an option, but then, the Yamato and the US BBs have quite a good muzzle velocity and, not to forget, that would also increase the whining about how players ain´t hitting anything anymore.

More stealthy torpedoes.

Well, then the increased detection skill would finally have something to do in the Captains tree.

Faster torpedoes.

Wouldn´t change anything with the actual turning rates from ships

More explosive torpedoes.

Well, if one would hit something with them, that would be an option, but then again, how many Torps do hit nowadays? Only the ones fired at really close range and then its a sunk ship anyway

There are many mechanics they could add to give premium ammo an advantage, personally I hope they don't include it as regardless of the actual effects in game it will be harmful for the community in general.  We still need to have ammo limited, I expect this will come before any premium (if any premium does come), as there would always be those that would buy extraordinary amounts and spam it all the time.

And as you see, most of them would be quite useless :hiding:

[IDEAL]
Alpha Tester
41 posts
2,352 battles

People crying about pay to win in wot / wows game and dont even know what pay to win actually means.

None of the only for money available items in wot, give you an advantage to other people, in generall they just save time.

"Gold" ammo or prem. conusumable are not autowin +  a lot of that QQ about gold ammo in wot is just butthurt, cant even count where people cry on me using apcr in t10 medium tanks + specially heat ammo in wot still require that you know where you are shooting, cant even count anymore people spamming heat into tracks or spaced armour.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
6,753 posts
7,907 battles

Imho everything in WoWp is way too simplistic.

- very simple controls, can't even pull up or nose down or turn with keyboard while looking around with the mouse...

- very simple damage mechanics, HP for aircraft, small calibre machineguns can destroy tanks (!), ships (!), buildings (!), one 50 kg bomb kills 4 tanks or 8 artillery pieces or several ships...omg...

- unlimited mg and cannon ammo...but limited bombs and rockets (?)

- stationary ground targets - every kid can destroy non-moving ground targets, my 7 year old son can do it....

- "boost" and "airbreak" for EVERY plane, regardless if they historically had those or not....

What's the target audience of  WoWp?  8 - 12 year old kids?

:child:

....played 50 games there this weekend and will play no more, it's such a dumbed down "flight game" that I have no interest at all in getting new planes there or wasting any more time.

Also - player numbers are so low that you wait several minutes for a game only to end up in 2 vs 2 battles which are over after 2 - 3 minutes, often the waiting time is longer than the actual battle.

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

People, we are still in CBT....

Why complain about something that is not even implemented yet?

Let's focus on the things we already do have ingame.

Test, test, test.....

:honoring:

Beta Tester
145 posts
866 battles

wowp was bad since alpha (yes i played it in alpha) it had nothing to do with gold ammo

• Cool 2

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

Tanks is a good game but in spite of the gold ammo.

Why keep people talking about "gold" ammo?

You can also buy the "gold" ammo with ingame credits, no gold needed and/or real money involved..

Everyone who plays, for example, World of Tanks, can play with the "gold" ammo if they want to, so there are no advantages/disadvantages for people that can/cannot buy gold.

:sceptic:

[GN0ME]
Beta Tester
5,339 posts
2,035 battles

limited ammo is a bad opinion and rather useless because most of the ships carried ore rounds than they can fire

Sign in to follow this