LittleNipper

Defensive fire skill - not working Iwaki Alfa

10 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
182 posts
1,968 battles

Hello, i have upgraded the skill to my captain but the icon is not comming on in game (the button like smoke generator, scout plane , repair etc) WHY??

capture-20150516-234718.jpg

[GUKA]
Beta Tester
11 posts
6,213 battles

Not tier VI or higher,  and no dual purpose guns....  maybe?

Yubari just miss the tier VI criteria, though it's not mentioned in the skill description, but it does not have the anti-aircraft ability to start with ( maybe a tier VI thing) 

Alpha Tester
182 posts
1,968 battles

.... it seems i got AA and the skill should work?? if not why do you give the opportunity to master a skill not made for the ship! ok i know i could master on a cruiser skills for carriers but why show them? if i could do a mistake and they would not work anyway!!??

However the tier 4 thing i have never read it anywere!!? were did you read it? tks

capture-20.jpg

AA.jpg

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,673 posts
5,558 battles

.... it seems i got AA and the skill should work?? if not why do you give the opportunity to master a skill not made for the ship! ok i know i could master on a cruiser skills for carriers but why show them? if i could do a mistake and they would not work anyway!!??

Depends why you're training in them. I had a captain in my phoenix learning all the BB ones (repair works, turret speed etc). He couldn't use the BB ones obviously. However when the US BB came out and he got transferred to one of those they were useful.

(Yes I'd trained a captain in prep for US BB being released)

Alpha Tester
182 posts
1,968 battles

i have done this before when i know i will change ship and retrain.... but Iwaki has AA so why does the skill not work? and ps i redistributed skill and also the 20% ertra range on torps from 10km then to 12km does not work too.

Beta Tester
57 posts
576 battles

Skill only works on cruisers with duel-purpose secondary guns, I dont have that alpha ship but I believe it dont have any....

Beta Tester
1,739 posts
1,771 battles

The skill should read something like 'improves the defensive fire consumable'. Its wording is quite misleading.

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester
1,804 posts
8,689 battles

Where is it misleading except for the Yuubari?

It clearly states that the ship needs to have dual-purpose guns (guns that are listed as secondaries in the armarment tab and as AA in the Anti-Air tab)

The only Cruiser that has such guns below t6 and for whom that skill isn't working is the Yuubari.