Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
iPotatoed

WG teamkill penalty when AFK: ridiculous

9 comments in this topic

[FISHR]
Players
137 posts
9,039 battles

I log into the client, start a battle, the client kicks me out even before I can see the team rosters, I'm unable to log back in in a timely manner and this is what I get when I finally manage to get back into the client:

1444307738_Screenshot2020-05-1222_10_49.png.0bf55f91edbdfff02a6d2a6936420c3b.png

So, WG make crap software that crashes more often than any other software I have ever used, and it's MY fault? Really?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[NWP]
Players
1,442 posts
12,290 battles
1 hour ago, heypotato said:

1444307738_Screenshot2020-05-1222_10_49.png.0bf55f91edbdfff02a6d2a6936420c3b.png

uhmmmm....nope, you didn't get team-kill penalty.

If we are pedantic: It clearly indicates that you have been pinked (lol) for quitting the battle early and inactivity in battle. These two reasons along with team-damage and team-kill are considered Unsporting Conduct. 

The message continues by reminding you that IF....you have caused damage to your allies you will pay the teamkill penalties, and if you continue being a bad boy they will orange you and let you in CoOp only.

Now, I get it that you might not like pink color...but....its really nothing. Its not a penalty. Its a warning. 

Further to the above, if you leave a battle early (for whatever reason) you get pink. Why are you making a fuss? Aren't the rules such?

Do you wish players to be able to come and go as they wish? Because if you don't put a harness to that behavior that's what you will get.

As the system cannot recognize if you pulled the plug or your cat spilled your latte on the keyboard or you took a sledgehammer and had an intimate discussion with your PC, you (along with all the others that get out of battle early for whatever reason) will get pink. If it was an accident, pink will go away. If the player continues (for whatever reason) quitting the battle early then Orange and restricted to CoOp.

End of Story

Note: Preemptive strike (lol) Whatever Reason includes anything except WG server kicking you out. And if they (WG) kick you out then they will give you those nice crates with goodies...they wont turn you pink.

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
6,225 posts

This is always nice to get for your efforts if you fail to reconnect fast enough, or if you can't reconnect at all. This has happened to me a couple of times too. Not sure if it happens when there is actual server related problems, just when it is about your connection. My ISP sometimes likes to shut down DNS server without warning.... :Smile-angry:

Players
42 posts
1,428 battles

Well they should fix the messege. It should say "AFK penalty" rather than TK one. Plus it should be other color than TK ( blue/purple maybe)

Beta Tester
209 posts
13,218 battles

The message is perfectly clear on that. It literally says for unsporting conduct, you got teamkill penalty applied. Pls apply your reading skills.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,619 posts

As I am from Croatia I get DC quite a lot of late but I dont remember ever getting pinked for it, even few times I deemed not worth reconnecting ASAP as I knew my ship will have been sunk and all, so there must be more then one DC for you to get pinked

[NWP]
Players
1,442 posts
12,290 battles
2 hours ago, _Kettenbeisser said:

Pls apply your reading skills.

spot the difference

Port_pink_penalty_dialog.jpg.37d57b9aca6936fa8055c1841a5e5592.jpg

Sign in to follow this