Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
czman1

DD control bug

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
21 posts
1,060 battles

This happened to me twice and i think it was both times in my Minekaze J DD. In battle, my controls stuck on aiming. I can switch between guns and torps, but i cant shoot them, because it said its aiming and guns or torps dont turn. I cant even use smokescreen. Icon blink, sound of smokescreen is played, but no smokescreen is released. AA cant be disabled too, BUT i can sail my ship, change directions and speed.

It seems to be target focus(target follow) related, because when i press X, it does something, but still not working. I didnt used aim assistant.

First time, this happened during battle, few minutes after game begin. I targeted cruiser i think, he disappeared(no longer spotted) and my aiming stuck. At same time, CV players in game reported Torpedo bombers "defection" behind map borders.

Second time today, right at battle start, before any target was focused, same problem.

Anyway, in next battle, everything is working all right again.

Anybody else noticed this?

Beta Tester
5 posts
1,385 battles

Yes this happened to me one time too.

Was in my Sims on the ice map. My ship behaved like yours right up from the start. I closed the game through alt+f4 and restarted it. As i reentered the battle the error was solved an my ship behaved like normal.

[GN0ME]
Beta Tester
5,339 posts
1,891 battles

did you use CNTRL+X ? happend to me aswell but only once it seems like using "lock armament at a direction" thing causes problems

ok first thing you need to do is go into the WOW game file, find the preferences file and then delete it.

reboot the game, all buttons etc will be reset to default.  So you need to reapply your favourite key bindings etc...had the same problem with my ctrl and left mouse not working...this sorted it for me

Beta Tester
5 posts
1,385 battles

Nope didn't use cntrl+x. Was the first thing i tested.

As mentioned by op everytime when x is pressed the turrets change their orientation to the view of the camera.

[KHARE]
Beta Tester
16 posts
3,882 battles

Had same problem, i wasn't to do anything but steer, I was on fire and my damage control ability didn't work, same with smokescreens. My guns and torp tubes were stuck in one position. Ctrl + X or Shift + X did nothing. I will try that trick with files.

Beta Tester
21 posts
1,060 battles

Locking camera(ctrl+x) is no reason for smokescreen, or any consumable stop working. This happen on rare occasions, just two times to me, yet.

And another thing. Reseting preferences isnt reason why this happen just in one battle, whille in next(without ANY changes) its all working again. If something was wrong with preferences file, every game should be affected. I can give it try, but because its so rare, its hard to say if its working or not.

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester
184 posts

Happened to me yesterday after I installed Aslain's ModPack. Strangely enough I didn't have any problems while playing a BB before. Couldn't be bothered and deinstalled the entire ModPack.

Sign in to follow this