Sign in to follow this  
Pushi2

Halland Untouchable?

10 comments in this topic

[TPB]
Players
70 posts
7,033 battles

I hope for some tips on how to kill a Halland.

In general I play japan cv or dd line. I do not see any chance against the Halland. Nor shooting or spotting it for teammates. Any tips on how to counter the Halland?

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,941 posts
12,023 battles
5 minutes ago, Pushi2 said:

I hope for some tips on how to kill a Halland.

In general I play japan cv or dd line. I do not see any chance against the Halland. Nor shooting or spotting it for teammates. Any tips on how to counter the Halland?

Each High-Tier-IJN-DD outspots Halland and is faster than her, isn't it? 

[TPB]
Players
70 posts
7,033 battles

Yes thats true. With the dd i can spot her, but i am far from being able to engage her. With the CV i cannot spot nor engage her. I am not talking about tier 10 cv here. i dont like tier x cv line

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
16,650 battles

Halland is pretty slow. It has only four guns and even the front turret can't shoot stright to the front at low elvevation. The rudder and Engine is superfragile and gets knocked out all the time.

IMHO, the Halland (and Småland) are some of the most fragile ships there are.

As a CV you should keep away from her or help with spotting if your team have chance to kill it.

[LSCA]
Players
1,045 posts
9,012 battles
13 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

As a CV you should keep away from her or help with spotting if your team have chance to kill it.

yeah, and if you have potato team then they even not care kill the dd, and then they report you by not supporting by killing the dds

• Boring 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,715 posts
5,270 battles
34 minutes ago, Naval_Hurricane said:

Most gunboat DDs from T9-10 can take it down 1v1. Even some on T8 like Kidd, Akizuki,  LeTerrible or Kiev.

Pretty sure you forgot Le Fantasque.:Smile-_tongue:

Players
9,813 posts
11,484 battles

Halland anti air can be easily knocked out with any HE sent her way, as her dps is concentrated in only two main gun turrets and 7 AA mounts. Disabling one removes substantial chunk of 70dps and then all AA mounts have convenient superstructure behind them to hit and damage with HE AoE.

Gearing and Daring can easily outgun her. In Shima I suppose you'd have to focus on sniping gun turrets to knock teeth out if you want to brawl with Halland and can't be arsed to just outrun and outspot her, so green ones have some fun.

[TTTX]
1,559 posts
14,544 battles

In a shima you take Radio Location so you know where the halland is, then you engage it when it has planes close to it, or it's within 10km of other friendly ships and the second it shoots its guns you smoke up and farm it for damage. Or you just passively spot it as you are faster and more maneuverable than it and watch it squirm as it gets shot at by everyone and their grandma.

The only trick here is to have radio location (which you should have anyway on your shima).

I mean the shima has the worst gun dpm of all t10 DDs so you are essentially asking how to kill a average dpm DD with a low dpm DD. You're not supposed to, is the actual answer but it can be done as I highlighted above.

As far as in a CV, you don't go for it at the start. Wait until it gets into some scraps with your friendly DDs because it will most likely have lost some of its AA. But it will probably be costly - as it's supposed to be. The Halland has the best AA of all t10 DDs and no smoke so if you're playing a CV just go farm the other DDs for easy damage and ignore the halland.

But I really want to stress that you are asking how to counter the halland in some of the worst ships for the job. The only thing worse than CV and a shima is probably a BB.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this