Armory Maintenance - 30.11.2021 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

WG's new incentive for playing more - from WoWs v0.9.5 in June 2020 MAX of 20 "Steel" per day (600 per month) and from WoWs v0.9.6 in July 2020 MAX of 40 "Research Points" per day (1200 per month)...

67 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,572 posts
21,406 battles

Hi all,

WG's new incentive for playing more - from WoWs v0.9.5 in June 2020 MAX of 20 "Steel" per day (600 per month) and from WoWs v0.9.6 in July 2020 MAX of 40 "Research Points" per day (1200 per month)...

"ST, Update 0.9.5"

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/19?fbclid=IwAR1tM1P9Y9PghWbvPEJ4khFPFQAxc6yc5DHCs5jz7Hd96I0tPjYtVSe6u7g

New rewards for daily missions were added. For example, in Update 0.9.5 steel will be added in a list of rewards for daily missions in the amount of 20 per day. And in July, research points will be added there as well (for players who already have access to the Research Bureau). In total, players will be able to receive up to 1200 research points per month.

What do you think of this guys?

I must say that I am very undecided about this... "Steel" was hard to get and you could, essentially, only get it via "Clan Battles " and "Ranked"...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 8
  • Funny 4

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
337 posts
7,140 battles

It somehow reminds me of the "Casual gamers want Epics" bandwagon, back in Vanilla WoW...       :cap_old:

[JRM]
Players
8,921 posts
7 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

"ST, Update 0.9.5"

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/19?fbclid=IwAR1tM1P9Y9PghWbvPEJ4khFPFQAxc6yc5DHCs5jz7Hd96I0tPjYtVSe6u7g

What do you think of this guys?

I must say that I am very undecided about this... "Steel" was hard to get and you could, essentially, only get it via "Clan Battles " and "Ranked"...

Leo "Apollo11"

Its a small amount, much less then flake events and will likely run a month at a time so I am fine with it

• Cool 6

Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,891 battles

I don't mind it that much. I'm reclusive so I'm not very active in clan battles, and ranked makes me want to pop a vein. It's a good change, I think. Besides, I was always against the idea of the best players being able to hoard the decisively powerful ships.

• Cool 7

Players
8,523 posts

I'd welcome a less grindy way of getting those research points. The current system that requires you to reset a whole effing line and not only bars you from using several of those ships you had researched and bought and costs you a whole bundle of credits at that, is just... words fail me. Help!

• Cool 6

[PN4VY]
Players
361 posts
7,369 battles

Daily RB points for free is a bait to use research bureau for those who did not intend to use it at all.
With 1,2k per month is gonna take what? 2years to get a freemium Unique Upgrade?
Bull crap.

Free steel?
Fck no.
If people want steel they should do ranked and cbs.
And that comes from a player who loves freebies and does not own any steel ship.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
8,921 posts
14 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

I was always against the idea of the best players being able to hoard the decisively powerful ships.

Well if the only source of ones steel is flakes, such occasional events and few bits you get here and there from dockyards and such it will take a looooong time to gather steel for a ship...

• Cool 5

[BATES]
Players
1,182 posts
15,158 battles

Nice change, both are free resources which can help besides the main modes to grab them (Ranked/CB/Reset lines). If you consider to pick a Stalingrad, using coupon (21k Steel) only through daily missions you need more than 3 years playing all the days and getting all the missions...I don't think is a threat to pro players, but can help also them to gain more stuff from armory

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
4,739 posts
11,850 battles

A small extra source isn't unwelcome. Though as others have said, it might play into the sunk cost fallacy for some.

[JRM]
Players
8,921 posts
1 minute ago, gopher31 said:

In the blog what is the ship for 28,000 steel?

phplMAGdn

Stalingrad?

Players
10,857 posts
12,512 battles
Just now, gopher31 said:

In the blog what is the ship for 28,000 steel?

phplMAGdn

Name's Stalingrad, but for some reason uses Zara (Gorizia?) image.

Bourgogne seems to use Iowa/Missouri image as well, while Somers have... Chesire? Brit CA, given Daring 113mm secondaries.

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

Just to be clear on the quantities being given out -

Stalingrad would take almost 4 YEARS to collect from this Steel (28k / 600 per month)

Ohio would take just over 4 YEARS to collect from this RB (62K / 1200 per month)

So these are such pitifully small amounts of Steel/RB that I can't see why people would have any complaint about this "free" collection.

• Cool 9

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
24 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I'd welcome a less grindy way of getting those research points. The current system that requires you to reset a whole effing line and not only bars you from using several of those ships you had researched and bought and costs you a whole bundle of credits at that, is just... words fail me. Help!

I feel you man, I wanted Ohio, so I did a full reset  on 5 fraking lines... Over 60 mil. credits washed, and a lot of flags & camo also. Not to mention the months for grind...

I do not think I will do any reset any time soon.... the rewards are not worth.

• Cool 1

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
12 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Well if the only source of ones steel is flakes, such occasional events and few bits you get here and there from dockyards and such it will take a looooong time to gather steel for a ship...

Long:Smile_trollface: time you mean years.... IF and only IF WeeGee do not implode by then....

• Funny 2

[SHAD]
Players
4,645 posts
17,417 battles
10 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Name's Stalingrad, but for some reason uses Zara (Gorizia?) image.

Bourgogne seems to use Iowa/Missouri image as well, while Somers have... Chesire? Brit CA, given Daring 113mm secondaries.

Lol, I wonder how they managed to do that!

[BODEM]
Players
860 posts
7,576 battles

I think it's a nice incentive for people to play the game and maybe try other game modes. In no way it makes the RB , CB and ranked obselete. It's more of a little extra to keep those currencies going. I think it's a great idea. One of the more oldskool consumer friendly ones of the last years.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
8,921 posts
6 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

So these are such pitifully small amounts of Steel/RB that I can't see why people would have any complaint about this "free" collection.

Exactly, IDK what peoples problem is, I have 3 steel ships (Black, Stalingrad and Burgogne) and have even spent few bits on speeding up my Smolensk and Yoshino grinds and I have few k on stock now and I am not esp good player or are in an overly active clan...

Players
1,923 posts

I think steel should stay at CBs and ranked. HOWEVER what you should be able to spend the steel on should never have been overperforming ships. Just visual things. Premium camos and such. Not Stalingrads and Burgognes. 

You should get something good, but not broken ships only limited to us that play CBs. 

• Cool 2

Players
2,147 posts
14,900 battles
7 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

I think steel should stay at CBs and ranked. HOWEVER what you should be able to spend the steel on should never have been overperforming ships. Just visual things. Premium camos and such. Not Stalingrads and Burgognes. 

You should get something good, but not broken ships only limited to us that play CBs. 

Lol

Good addition IMO.

Edit: Funny that you can get a Nordic camouflage (which, as far as exotic camos go, they are not that bad) for two ships that we don't know when will be available yet (or do we?)

[-GG-]
[-GG-]
Players
398 posts
25,208 battles

C'mon - 7200 steel per YEAR of pretty active playing ? Whales gonna cry because of that ? 

I guess no more than 1/3 of WoWs populations does more than one chain of daily tasks. 

And obviously for WG its far better to have 30.000 active "mediocre" players per day (.... and give some small amount of steel for that) than feeding 1000 whales, who take top places in CB/RB. 

It's also easy to check - look for players who have Stalingrad - most of them have Bourgogne and Sommers too. Or the other way round - its hard to find a player who has Sommers and doesn't have Stalingrad.  

I doubt it would hurt anyone if some casual players get Stalingrad in 2 or 3 years :)

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
2,211 posts
8,536 battles
Just now, lossi_2018 said:

We all know steel stuff will be removed and remaining steel stuff will become more expensive right?

It does seem likely that prices will get inflated because of this.

But overall i like this until wg inflates the prices.

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Modder
2,394 posts
14,562 battles

Cannot wait to finally play Somers again - in summer 2025 :cap_look:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
1,923 posts
1 minute ago, radius77 said:

C'mon - 7200 steel per YEAR of pretty active playing ? Whales gonna cry because of that ? 

I guess no more than 1/3 of WoWs populations does more than one chain of daily tasks. 

And obviously for WG its far better to have 30.000 active "mediocre" players per day (.... and give some small amount of steel for that) than feeding 1000 whales, who take top places in CB/RB. 

It's also easy to check - look for players who have Stalingrad - majority of them has Bourgogne and Sommers too. Or the other way round - its hard to find a player who has Sommers and doesn't have Stalingrad.  

Why are they whales for having those ships? Whales buy their way to T10. CBs have literally nothing to do with whales. We play clanwars. We don't pay for that.

I have a few of the ships you mentioned, but have not spent a single dime on WOWS for years. But i play CBs. 

Am i a whale also then? Makes no sense buddy.