You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
gopher31

Legendary mods changes?

31 comments in this topic

[SHAD]
Players
3,528 posts
14,469 battles

This has been floating around:

image.thumb.png.ecf5f20c1ba6a0eabdfc576c79058dc5.png

Obviously I do not know if this is correct or not but it looks very bad for some legendaries we have grinded.

I'll leave it here for discussion.

Source: Reddit via https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/217787-leg-mod-changes/

Edit: Actual source was Discord verified with gm3D.

[HEROI]
Beta Tester
55 posts
923 battles

I never went down the Research Bureau way because I figured out that the Legendary Mods would be eventually nerfed one day...

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
743 posts
13,229 battles

This are the ones no one was using anyhow?

If they modify Yamato UU then will be a riot on forums :)

• Cool 2

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
1 minute ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

Des Moines LM is considered to be the best LM floating about ... so yeah ... though I see that one as a step backwards. From making it a "must have" upgrade on the DM to a sidegrade (for those that play open water Des Moines).

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,615 posts
6 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

If they modify Yamato UU then will be a riot on forums :)

Why would we riot if they remove the turet rotation debuff? :Smile_trollface:

@Allied_Winter IDK that actually sounds ok-ish to me TBH now you can have the reload module at the same time, you can still use islands and when you are firing you are visible anyway...

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,114 posts
Just now, Allied_Winter said:

to a sidegrade

but that's what those modules should be :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
3 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

but that's what those modules should be

From a game balance point ... sure ... 

3 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

IDK that actually sounds ok-ish to me TBH now you can have the reloaf module at the same time

Concealment is paramount for me ... if I can e.g. slot Reload/Range again .. why would I want to give up my concealment? Can I do it without concealment? Sure. Can I do it "comfortably" without concealment? Certainly not. E.g. hunting Minos/Zaos will become a much bigger issue as they have much more time to disengage before I press the RRRRRReveal button. And with the worse concealment a Hindeburg can easier in my side and wreck me with AP.

Sure thing though for those among us that play their DM as an Open Water harasser ... it might be a worthwhile sidegrade now.

• Cool 4

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,615 posts

I remember once zipping around those western islands on mountain range when a Republic darted out behind one island and me just barely gunning her down 1on1 ^^ the guy was like DAFQ? :cap_haloween:

[SHAD]
Players
3,528 posts
14,469 battles

I assumed Wargaming would buff the bad legendary modules to balance them.

Instead they nerf the good ones although as others have mentioned, the Yamato one is one of the best and is not here.

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
1 minute ago, gopher31 said:

not YET here.

FTFY ... there are quite a few LM's missing. So it could very well be that WG does them in batches.

• Cool 2

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,242 posts
30,016 battles

YY: 

• 2.7sec reload full gun build
  • 34.5sec radar with SRM1! 

It still goes on the same slot as concealment so 6.47km with CE and camo. But that radar and decent gun reload could make it interesting DD hunter, unless there is a CV of course. But I think that this will be very situational. Still definitely more interesting then before.

DM:

So now you trade maneuverability for concealment. Now it is more a sidegrade then obviously the best choice out of three. I personally don't mind this change.

Wooster:

• one more heal, radar (or spotter plane), hydro, DFAA (not that it matter much)
  •  86.6sec reload time (with flag and JoAT) for radar, hydro and DFAA, 57.7sec for heal

Even tho you trade DPM for it, Wooster LU now looks much more interesting, at least for me.

• Cool 2

Players
270 posts
11,801 battles

Adjusting the truly awful Shimakaze UU is good, but the thing that made it truly suck was that you couldn't fire while the tubes were traversing, and I know some people used "lock on bearing" to try to overcome this, I hear it was a bug, if they fix the bug, coupled with the reduced traverse buff it might actually become moderately interesting, 70% still sounds bad though.

Players
2,010 posts
14,248 battles

Not Moskva or Yamato yet... good.

Why the GK one though? It offered a better secondary and close brawling experience but now if you mount the UU you get a worse main gun reload (10%) than if you stick to the Main Gun Mod 3 (12%) It was IMO one of the best designed sidegrades out there FFS.

• Cool 1

[WGP2W]
Players
1,145 posts
10,682 battles

Unbenannt.png.5aa0ffa473b1273f81465ef4615b18f8.png

And why exactly does WG need to nerf the Henri again ? Is she still overperforming that the acceleration nerf wasn't enough ?
Reduced reload and range but the concealment debuff is still untouched so that you still have 15.9km concealment....nice
smh WG you really want that nobody ever touches the Henri again.

• Cool 2

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,615 posts
11 minutes ago, Taliesn said:

Not Moskva or Yamato yet... good.

Why the GK one though? It offered a better secondary and close brawling experience but now if you mount the UU you get a worse main gun reload (10%) than if you stick to the Main Gun Mod 3 (12%) It was IMO one of the best designed sidegrades out there FFS.

Well you still getbetter secs and main guns in one 

Players
2,010 posts
14,248 battles
9 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Well you still getbetter secs and main guns in one 

The secs reload buff is nice but it comes at a price, your main gun range is sub 19km with the UU. I don't think it will be worth mounting the UU with that change. 

[OCTO]
Players
393 posts
8,422 battles
3 minutes ago, Taliesn said:

The secs reload buff is nice but it comes at a price, your main gun range is sub 19km with the UU. I don't think it will be worth mounting the UU with that change. 

Sometimes faster traverse of main guns can mean faster reload, especially on a ship which is supposed to get close. Plus even if the guns are loaded you might wait for the ship to show a better angle, very situational choice but I rather take the traverse speed than 2 or 3 sec reload buff.

The traverse will be closer to the Kremlin if those changes are true.  I think it is not bad at all, and you will have 2 captain points to take other skills than EM.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,615 posts

IDK m8 for me Kurf doesnt really deliver much past 15-16km anyways, ok you can hit a bit better now after the buffs if you put the dispersiob module on, but those shells are rather bouncy and unreliable, if I want good performance down range I will use Yama or Rep or even (sic) Gremlin and not Kurf...

[WGP2W]
Players
1,145 posts
10,682 battles
1 minute ago, VanD4rk said:

especially on a ship which is supposed to get close

have fun to get close in the current meta without getting burned to death

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
309 posts
39,126 battles

I would rather wait for an official post, or at least verifiable, by WG before I start building fires. For one thing, WG talks about upgrades, not mods afaik

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,528 posts
14,469 battles

With the GK you will not usually have points to run expert marksman, I don't think this change is terrible as more turret traverse is helpful.  I would take it either way.

Henri legendary was tricky already, now it's terrible.

Des Moines is a bad change but again, not terrible. It will probably still be worth it, a proper sidegrade.

Montana's upgrade, the one I just grinded is now worth nothing.

[WGP2W]
Players
1,145 posts
10,682 battles
4 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Henri legendary was tricky already, now it's terrible.

Well since you unlocked it, it was imo. mandatory. You don't care in randoms as a Henri about concealment anyway and more reload + range is very welcome.
But i don't get it why they need to nerf it. I see so few Henris already in random and not to mention ranked/clan battles where they are not existend.

• Cool 1

Modder
5,268 posts
23,698 battles
30 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

With the GK you will not usually have points to run expert marksman,

My build on GK was with EM. Now i can change it to AR, so for me a new mod will be even improvement in avearage game DPM.

[ALYEN]
Players
2,367 posts
4,202 battles
3 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

Nope, otherwise Z-52 would be on the list ...

However the Khaba mod looks RAD !!! If that makes it into the game, the ship will be pretty strong with it ...

EDIT: scratch that Khaba remark ... that's DEBUFF on action time of consumables ... that will be a junk unusable module with that part ....