Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Furius_Marius

IJN TOSA Battleship

12 comments in this topic

Players
210 posts
6,586 battles

I was thinking that i would be very cool to get IJN Tosa as Tier VIII premium battleship.  But for once make the ship quite different from Amagi or Kii.  Like Massa or Georgia are from the main USA line. And both great and fun ships.

They could make the Tosa the first real japanese brawler. WW2 upgrade.

Slower than Amagi (maybe 27 knots) , but better armour, Worst long range dispersion but better mid range dispersion. Good secondaries(20 × single 140 mm (5.5 in) guns) already in the original hull) and because is a refit maybe 8x2 100mm on the superestructure.

NO TORPEDOS. 

What do you thing?

When the premium ships are really different from the main line, makes it more interesting to get it.  

Haze Gray & Underway Mystery Pictures 1 through 9 - Answers

Here a photo of the uncompleted ship. 

• Cool 7

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,767 posts
5,290 battles

I think that the closest you're ever going to get to seeing Tosa in game is the Kaga.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[PANEU]
Players
851 posts

Pls give it to us+akagi and maybe kaga bb version:) 

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,392 posts
18,540 battles
2 hours ago, Furius_Marius said:

I was thinking that i would be very cool to get IJN Tosa as Tier VIII premium battleship.  But for once make the ship quite different from Amagi or Kii.  Like Massa or Georgia are from the main USA line. And both great and fun ships.

They could make the Tosa the first real japanese brawler. WW2 upgrade.

Slower than Amagi (maybe 27 knots) , but better armour, Worst long range dispersion but better mid range dispersion. Good secondaries(20 × single 140 mm (5.5 in) guns) already in the original hull) and because is a refit maybe 8x2 100mm on the superestructure.

NO TORPEDOS. 

What do you thing?

When the premium ships are really different from the main line, makes it more interesting to get it.  

Haze Gray & Underway Mystery Pictures 1 through 9 - Answers

Here a photo of the uncompleted ship. 

Would be really nice to have more ships that not only existed in wet dreams! 

Your suggested secondary armament is way to much, but the idea itself is good. 

• Cool 2

Players
210 posts
6,586 battles

I know they didn't finished but at least we know Japan could make it. And was only unfinished cause Washington Naval treaty. And i would pay for IJN brawler. 

[SCRUB]
Players
1,061 posts
9,736 battles
3 hours ago, Furius_Marius said:

I know they didn't finished but at least we know Japan could make it. And was only unfinished cause Washington Naval treaty. And i would pay for IJN brawler. 

The problem with the Tosas is that, very strangely for a separate class, they're almost identical to the Amagis. 

The two classe' differences are: 

0.5 knots speed. 

10-20mm belt armour. 

A couple metres of length. 

That's it, that's all it boils down to, so unless Wargaming gave it some WW2 fantasy refits focused on AA or buffed it's secondary specs, it'll just be another Amagi. (Which isn't a bad thing imo, the Amagi is an excellent ship when used right, but sadly powercrept like most IJN ships.) 

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts

I would like more IJN ships. Real ones. Built, commissioned, used. And not crippled by WG's animosity against the IJN. Ise, Tone, Oyodo, Nagara...

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
4,205 posts
6 hours ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

The problem with the Tosas is that, very strangely for a separate class, they're almost identical to the Amagis. 

The two classe' differences are: 

0.5 knots speed. 

10-20mm belt armour. 

A couple metres of length. 

That's it, that's all it boils down to, so unless Wargaming gave it some WW2 fantasy refits focused on AA or buffed it's secondary specs, it'll just be another Amagi. (Which isn't a bad thing imo, the Amagi is an excellent ship when used right, but sadly powercrept like most IJN ships.) 

I don't see how WeeGee could possibly make fantasy IJN refits, think what such fantasy ships would do to 'historical accuracy' and 'immersion' in this game. I think they are quite correct in not going down that path. *Firm nod*

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Players
930 posts
13,270 battles

Any objection to an Azur Lane collab?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.088ce2fe63e4a441a7b2e5d89e4b2e0a.png 

• Funny 3

[I-J-N]
Players
4,205 posts
4 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

Hide contents

Looks different from the picture OP posted. A later refit, perhaps? :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 3

Players
210 posts
6,586 battles

But also I would like to see that the game-play of the premiums excel in another task, like for example mid range combat. Not Like in game nowadays... When most of IJN premiums are a worst version of the tech tree version... I don't what is the reason for Asama if its just a clone of Amagi and it plays like Amagi. Better to put the Tosa with different propose. I would love the Ise and the Yamashiro but I hope its not just a worst Fuso that plays like Fuso. The Tone model was already created by WG. Tosa is the battleship version of Amagi(easy to make). Ise is similar to Fuso(quite easy to make) Yamashiro is also very similar (turret and pagoda different). 

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,092 posts
10,082 battles
1 hour ago, DanSilverwing said:

Hide contents

Funny how the Target is the same:   To score under the Belt Line :D

Sign in to follow this