This game on MAC

4 comments in this topic

Question

[RWDS]
Players
22 posts
6,320 battles

Hello guys, 

I did play this game initially on MAC back in 2017. Nowadays I have gaming PC, however tried play on my MAC that might be quite ok for the game, with following specs;

SPECS:

Model Identifier: iMac17,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 3,3 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 32 GB

GFX:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon R9 M395

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 2 GB

I do believe this is far better than minimal requirements set on steam, however to my surprise I do need to run game on low resolution, praying there is not too many torps in game or I get insane drops in FPS.

Overall the game feels like its not optimised for MAC in any-way do you have similar experience, if yes any advice how to get better gaming experience?

Thank you in advance,

OLALA

3 answers to this question

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,333 posts
9,221 battles

Hello,

keep in mind WoWS is not developed for MacOS, a wrapper is done by CodeWeavers to allow Mac users to run the game however MacOS Catalina is currently not supported and to be honest we got a lot of posts asking for support from Mac users. If you are determined to play on Mac then you can find the support information here: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/10631/

However I will personally recommend running a dual-boot on your Mac. The advantage of a dual-boot is it allows you to essentially run two operatings systems, such as MacOS and Windows. This can allow you at a push of a button to switch to Windows, this will let you play the Windows version of WoWS and run the game. It's not free but it's an option you can consider since it will let you run games not designed for MacOS.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Minia

[RWDS]
Players
22 posts
6,320 battles

Hello,

First of all, thank you for the kind reply.

However I will personally recommend running a dual-boot on your Mac. The advantage of a dual-boot is it allows you to essentially run two operatings systems, such as MacOS and Windows. This can allow you at a push of a button to switch to Windows, this will let you play the Windows version of WoWS and run the game. It's not free but it's an option you can consider since it will let you run games not designed for MacOS.

Second, being not that familiar with the solution, basically you suggesting to install the solution from CodeWeavers to run the Win version of WoWs on my MAC?  Do I need to get Windows it self or the application manages to run just WoWs. Thank you in advance for the answer

Kind regards,

OLALA

Modder
5,268 posts
23,774 battles
1 hour ago, Olala said:

Do I need to get Windows it self or the application manages to run just WoW

You need a partition on Your disk/or separate disk, with installed Microsoft Windows. Then You can boot that system too, as You can make dual boot PC with Mac OS or Linux etc. So with almost every hardware You can use whatever system you want.

Sign in to follow this