Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Padds01

Now were getting serious numbers of AAA DD's...

127 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[-LA-]
Players
704 posts
5,357 battles

First as a CV main i acknowledge a large part of my game is making life hard for DD's so i have no problem with then getting some revenge alls fair nd good there i dont mind there being strong AAA dd's but i do think a few "features" (could do with a fresh look.

 

Detection rules. ok before AAA dd's it made sense that a 150m long smoke belching multi km wake leaving huge lump of shiny metal should only be visible within 2.5km, while a 10m wingspan plane coming out of the sun would be easily visible rfom 10km , obvious not real world sense but from a balans point of view sure i get it. but now with boats with this level of AAA being able to shoot you down at 6km but you cant even see them for another 2.5km ... well it lets a DD player with the ability to press a button lay an ambush which in conjuction to point 2 is i think just a bit too powerful i think, against t10 its a pain, against t8 my god entire wings just melt with no chance to react.

 

Flak visibility rules. as it stands if you can not detect the ship you do not see the AAA.  as you can well imagine in combination with point 1 that raises a few problems. i really do think it would only be fair if we got to see the tracers and flak explosions as it stands right now all we see are the impacts and apart from anything else it makes me jump every time!

 

if this is all by design and you just dont want CV players to be scouts im fine with that but please inform the community

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
4,929 posts
20,778 battles

Best troll thread in ages! Thank you!

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PANEU]
Players
4,278 posts
12,134 battles

The issues you are describing are issues due to lack of experience and skill. 

 

So all you need is more practice. Keep on practicing. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
376 posts
12,117 battles

7/10 on this troll thread not enough radical changes asked for

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
20,379 battles

OP, I feel for you and can empathize with your position.

However, as a CV main who knows that it is an important part of the job to spot and hassle DDs, you have come to the wrong place for sympathy. Too many forumites who believe that you are just getting your deserts, if you are not actually trolling. 

This coupled with a forum policy, not rule, that we can only have a single CV thread, means that this thread will fill with derision until locked.

 

In the meantime @Yoshanaiis right about the fact that with practice, you will adjust to the new meta.

 

And yes the new CVs have slower aircraft so that they spot less efficiently than before. 

Edited by Cambera_1
Spelling
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
20,379 battles
11 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

It seems surface ships are a bit harder to play, eh?

 

  Hide contents

DrV2h4c.jpg

 

No just that they are different. As you would expect.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,117 posts
8,772 battles
18 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

It seems surface ships are a bit harder to play, eh?

 

  Reveal hidden contents

DrV2h4c.jpg

 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.238668f8ea1e53bea223f926369b050c.png

It's a matter of personal taste. Funny thing is that now a DD shots down more planes than CV fighters.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SEN]
Players
795 posts
1 hour ago, Padds01 said:

First as a CV main i acknowledge a large part of my game is making life hard for DD's so i have no problem with then getting some revenge alls fair nd good there i dont mind there being strong AAA dd's but i do think a few "features" (could do with a fresh look.

 

Detection rules. ok before AAA dd's it made sense that a 150m long smoke belching multi km wake leaving huge lump of shiny metal should only be visible within 2.5km, while a 10m wingspan plane coming out of the sun would be easily visible rfom 10km , obvious not real world sense but from a balans point of view sure i get it. but now with boats with this level of AAA being able to shoot you down at 6km but you cant even see them for another 2.5km ... well it lets a DD player with the ability to press a button lay an ambush which in conjuction to point 2 is i think just a bit too powerful i think, against t10 its a pain, against t8 my god entire wings just melt with no chance to react.

 

Flak visibility rules. as it stands if you can not detect the ship you do not see the AAA.  as you can well imagine in combination with point 1 that raises a few problems. i really do think it would only be fair if we got to see the tracers and flak explosions as it stands right now all we see are the impacts and apart from anything else it makes me jump every time!

 

if this is all by design and you just dont want CV players to be scouts im fine with that but please inform the community

Man, your first line "First as a CV main..." instantly washed away  any sympathy:Smile_trollface: from me , but from a neutral PoV,  I remember you are silly to argument with IRL situations, when the ONLY and JUST ONLY thing of this game come close to REAL LIFE  is the design and sounds. This game IS NOT a simulator !

If you want a true navy sim, try SILENT HUNTER,  a game where a sub reload torps in 20-30m, like IRL ! And a ship reload guns in several minutes, also... And you have limited torps, shells, fuel , etc.

Wows is just  arcade style, for "ballans" reasons, like the fact your loved ship here, in-game, come with a build-in fast factory using cyborgs able to build & mount & refuel/re-arm planes in 90 seconds/unit, so you can throw squad after squad non-stop, no matter the losses, for the entire duration of the game !

 

And for you, now, IRL, in ww2 also a SINGLE plane ( and far easier a full squad ! ) could be spotted long before the plane spotted the ship ! I must remember you war ships were using camo paint AND most important, unlike a plane who could have only a pair or 2 of eyes,  warships always used teams of "spotters" from crew,  several peoples using HR binoculars, with just one job: to spot your plane from 10-15km / or a sub at surface !

And planes were easy to spot , especially when you have 4-6 guys with HR binoculars ! - on a clean sky ( big contrast !) if you add the sun reflections on cockpit glass or in aluminum foils of wings / fuselage.

Not even to mention the radar, added later in ww2... a tool then, like today, way more powerful in a ship ( enough space) than in a plane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-LA-]
Players
704 posts
5,357 battles
3 hours ago, Cambera_1 said:

OP, I feel for you and can empathize with your position.

However, as a CV main who knows that it is an important part of the job to spot and hassle DDs, you have come to the wrong place for sympathy. Too many forumites who believe that you are just getting your deserts, if you are not actually trolling. 

This coupled with a forum policy, not rule, that we can only have a single CV thread, means that this thread will fill with derision until locked.

 

In the meantime @Yoshanaiis right about the fact that with practice, you will adjust to the new meta.

 

And yes the new CVs have slower aircraft so that they spot less efficiently than before. 

really wasnt expecting sympathy , was expecting what i got from these folks

 

 slightly sad about just how few of them can actually read but meh content wise par for the course id say ;)

 

but the devs might have somebody reading these forums and taking some notes. and i really do think these new AAA dd's really do at least raise the importance of finnally fixing the invisible flak/bullets bug and a revisit of how the concealments are set up.

 

 

4 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Best troll thread in ages! Thank you!

 

sorry but do you really think its trolly to ask for a bug to finnaly be fixed now its having a large impact or for considering a revisit of how conceal is setup now the situation has changed?

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-LA-]
Players
704 posts
5,357 battles
2 hours ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Man, your first line "First as a CV main..." instantly washed away  any sympathy:Smile_trollface: from me , but from a neutral PoV,  I remember you are silly to argument with IRL situations, when the ONLY and JUST ONLY thing of this game come close to REAL LIFE  is the design and sounds. This game IS NOT a simulator !

If you want a true navy sim, try SILENT HUNTER,  a game where a sub reload torps in 20-30m, like IRL ! And a ship reload guns in several minutes, also... And you have limited torps, shells, fuel , etc.

Wows is just  arcade style, for "ballans" reasons, like the fact your loved ship here, in-game, come with a build-in fast factory using cyborgs able to build & mount & refuel/re-arm planes in 90 seconds/unit, so you can throw squad after squad non-stop, no matter the losses, for the entire duration of the game !

 

And for you, now, IRL, in ww2 also a SINGLE plane ( and far easier a full squad ! ) could be spotted long before the plane spotted the ship ! I must remember you war ships were using camo paint AND most important, unlike a plane who could have only a pair or 2 of eyes,  warships always used teams of "spotters" from crew,  several peoples using HR binoculars, with just one job: to spot your plane from 10-15km / or a sub at surface !

And planes were easy to spot , especially when you have 4-6 guys with HR binoculars ! - on a clean sky ( big contrast !) if you add the sun reflections on cockpit glass or in aluminum foils of wings / fuselage.

Not even to mention the radar, added later in ww2... a tool then, like today, way more powerful in a ship ( enough space) than in a plane.

you really need to use that time reading to actually comprehend what people are saying and less time listening to the sound of your own voice making witty comebacks . you might see i didnt say that.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
630 posts
3,774 battles
1 minute ago, Padds01 said:

you really need to use that time reading to actually comprehend what people are saying and less time listening to the sound of your own voice making witty comebacks . you might see i didnt say that.


This forum likes to be witty. I'm beginning to suspect most have been taking English humour lessons...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
4,929 posts
20,778 battles
6 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

sorry but do you really think its trolly to ask for a bug to finnaly be fixed now its having a large impact or for considering a revisit of how conceal is setup now the situation has changed?

Yes.

 

Asking to basically BUFF CVs as a class and NERF DDs in turn?

PAN EU DDs are hardly impervious to CV strikes and their so called "strong AA" is a joke against same tier and higher CVs.

 

So, you are either trolling or clueless and i assume - in your favor - that it is the former.

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUSH]
Players
2 posts
6,548 battles

@padds01

 

Thanks for your post, I primarily play DD's and I have many CV as well, I can see both sides of the argument, I do think the invisible flak of doom needs to be fixed (as much as some of the desync issues that have plagued the game of late), I also feel the new DD's offer great prospects for countering CV drops though decent CV players still blow my Ostergotland away rather easily, where I sit in truth is I still feel that rocket planes are bad by design, while they serve a function (though its easier to dive-bomb DD's with some of the CV's - looking at you Kaga) most DD players complaint is your still dealing with a pretty naff RNG system (Flak) and a pretty crap RNG system (Rocket Accuracy) DDs have enough to deal with already being hated by most but imo DD is still a high skill ceiling class lets be honest and that explains some of the hate, often you just cant do anything about CVs and this had made a large proportion of Destroyers less than favourable (looking at you Z52) so to the point both classes need work, and the issue is wargaming currently is not as focused as it should be on addressing these issues , they are unlikely to remove rocket planes for example, why would you after all, as for AA well its been reinvented so many times again, why would they? What I can say is AA solo monsters don't exist these days so CVs ca easily pick on solo ships, then again as a CV player try explaining to any non CV player what it feels like to fly directly into 2 ships with AA bubbles, it can be super painful, that's why as you well know most of us either scoop drop to avoid flak or drop one flight and then hightail to altitude. All this combined leads to hate on both sides.

 

Two final thoughts, do not despair though because soon both DD and CV players can unite in equal hatred as submarines come into the game, which you cant counter and us poor DD players will get shouted at by some douche in a BB to go depth charge in the middle of open water, thats when we're not getting shouted at to Cap while there are seven radar cruisers going mine, mine, mine, mine, mine. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,709 posts
20,847 battles
5 hours ago, Padds01 said:

First as a CV main i acknowledge a large part of my game is making life hard for DD's so i have no problem with then getting some revenge alls fair nd good there i dont mind there being strong AAA dd's but i do think a few "features" (could do with a fresh look.

 

Detection rules. ok before AAA dd's it made sense that a 150m long smoke belching multi km wake leaving huge lump of shiny metal should only be visible within 2.5km, while a 10m wingspan plane coming out of the sun would be easily visible rfom 10km , obvious not real world sense but from a balans point of view sure i get it. but now with boats with this level of AAA being able to shoot you down at 6km but you cant even see them for another 2.5km ... well it lets a DD player with the ability to press a button lay an ambush which in conjuction to point 2 is i think just a bit too powerful i think, against t10 its a pain, against t8 my god entire wings just melt with no chance to react.

 

Flak visibility rules. as it stands if you can not detect the ship you do not see the AAA.  as you can well imagine in combination with point 1 that raises a few problems. i really do think it would only be fair if we got to see the tracers and flak explosions as it stands right now all we see are the impacts and apart from anything else it makes me jump every time!

 

if this is all by design and you just dont want CV players to be scouts im fine with that but please inform the community

Yes, detection rules already didnt make any sense; they are the result of trying to repair bad gameplay design by implementing an even more crude 'fix'. The carrier rework was and still is a mess and resulted in horrible balancing attempts. The rocket planes are the worst part of the rework, making it impossible to balance the silly carriers vs. dd's through regular tools, so the weirdest stuff has been implemented.

 

I enjoy baiting the carriers that are currently discussing how to best abuse animation exploits in the main carrier thread. Baiting is actually the ONLY active counter play some of the DD's can inflict on carrier squads. All other countermeasures are passive and can be summed up in 'just dodge'.

 

Sure. Carriers lose planes, so what. They grow back on their magical hull. DD's can lose their entire ship HP pool unexpectedly within seconds by carriers, enemy DD's and radar, which for them means 'back to port'. Carriers can just move on to the next unwilling target with a fresh set of planes. Carriers should need to learn to be cautious and track AA threats instead of mindlessly flying about expecting to scout everything everywhere without risking anything but 1 or 2 planes. Carriers are in great need of some tactical challenges, because carriers have grown lazy.

 

Oh by the way, carriers arent supposed to be scouts as far as I understand correctly, they are supposed to be damagedealers. Carrier scouting is just something WG willfully overlooked and ignored.

  • Cool 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LSCA]
Players
1,640 posts
12,834 battles
2 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Oh by the way, carriers arent supposed to be scouts as far as I understand correctly, they are supposed to be damagedealers. Carrier scouting is just something WG willfully overlooked and ignored.

 

carrier self is not scout yes, but in ww2 they used planes for scout the enemy fleet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
3,570 posts
17,968 battles
7 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Oh by the way, carriers arent supposed to be scouts as far as I understand correctly, they are supposed to be damagedealers. Carrier scouting is just something WG willfully overlooked and ignored.

Not anymore Komrad, in their latest qna on discord they stated that CV spotting [in CB] creates dynamic gameplay.

  • Funny 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
20,379 battles
2 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

 

carrier self is not scout yes, but in ww2 they used planes for scout the enemy fleet

An inconvenient truth for some of the CV haters.

It is extremely painful loose a squad of planes on some CVs, others can more or less shrug it off. 

However, there is no such thing, in game at the moment, as a ship that creates a no fly zone, and certainly not a destroyer. The best thing available is to have sufficient AA to say 'B***** Off and bother someone else.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,709 posts
20,847 battles
4 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

Not anymore Komrad, in their latest qna on discord they stated that CV spotting [in CB] creates dynamic gameplay.

Oh Wargaming, you cheeky buggers, gaslighting a fart :cap_like:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAVOC]
[HAVOC]
Beta Tester
72 posts
3,573 battles

Is it bad for me to think all the CV Tears at the new DD's is hilarious? Payback from all the DD's 1 shotted by rocket planes.

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[_I_]
Players
892 posts
20,502 battles
8 minutes ago, Cambera_1 said:

An inconvenient truth for some of the CV haters.

It is extremely painful loose a squad of planes on some CVs, others can more or less shrug it off. 

However, there is no such thing, in game at the moment, as a ship that creates a no fly zone, and certainly not a destroyer. The best thing available is to have sufficient AA to say 'B***** Off and bother someone else.'

It's also extremely painful to lose a turret, but... it doesn't make you dead nor useless. :cap_like:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×