You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST - Unique upgrades update

77 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,091 posts
4,253 battles

In this devblog article, we would like to present you the changes to the unique upgrades.

Read more

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. Any final information will be published on our game's website.

• Bad 6

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,037 posts
22,358 battles
Spoiler
05.12.2020 10:00
  • Development Blog

ST, unique upgrades update in 0.9.5

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. Any final information will be published on our game's website.

In version 0.9.5 we're beginning to update unique upgrades in our game. The concept of unique upgrades provides an optional opportunity to mount special, but balanced bonuses compared to standard upgrades.
Changes to unique upgrades are designed to balance their efficiency, but at the same time maintain a unique style for each ship.

Enhanced Armaments (X Yueyang, Slot 5):

• Bonus which reduces main battery reload time was increased from 10 to 15%;
  • Penalty to the action time of consumables was removed;
  • Bonus which increases the action time of the "Surveillance Radar" consumable by 20% was added;
  • Bonus which increases the smoke screen dispersion time by 20% was added;
  • Bonus which reduced torpedo tubes reload time was removed.

The older version of this upgrade was unpopular because of low competitiveness with other upgrades in the slot. The new variant of the upgrade offers more aggressive gameplay with an accent on consumables and main battery instead of the concealment upgrade which involves a safe playstyle.

Heavyweight Artillery (X Khabarovsk, Slot 5):

• The penalty which reduced main turret traverse speed was removed;
  • Bonus to the main battery firing range was increased from 8 to 10%;
  • The 20% penalty to the action time of consumables was added

Now the upgrade emphasizes even more the aggressive main battery play style, but in return with decreases the efficiency of consumables.

Enhanced Countermeasures (X Worcester, Slot 6):

• The upgrade was moved from Slot 5 to Slot 6;
  • All bonuses to consumables action time were removed;
  • Bonus which reduces the priority AA sector reload time by 20% was added;
  • Bonus which reduces the reload time of ship's consumables by 20% was added;
  • Bonus which inreases the number of all consumables by 1 was added.

The upgrade was moved from Slot 5 to Slot 6 thus avoiding competition with upgrades which grant bonuses to maneuverability and concealment. The new parameters of the upgrade will emphasize the ship's role as a universal cruiser capable of completing various tasks.

Enhanced Propulsion (X Des Moines, Slot 5):

• The upgrade was moved from Slot 6 to Slot 5;
  • Penalty to the action time of "Surveillance Radar" consumable was removed.

The upgrade was too effective. In order not to deprive the upgrade of its unique features, we moved it to Slot 5, thus putting a choice between maneuverability and concealment of the cruiser.

Increased Firing Elevation of Artillery (X Henri IV, Slot 5):

• Bonus to the main battery reload time was reduced from 12 to 10%;
  • Bonus to the firing range reduced from +8% to +5%.

Enhanced Main Armaments (X Großer Kurfürst, Slot 6):

• Bonus to main battery reload time was reduced from 15 to 10%;
  • Penalty to main turrets traverse speed was removed.

Enhanced Damage Control System (X Montana, Slot 5):

• Bonus which reduces fire extinguishing time was reduced from 15 to 10%;
  • Bonus which reduces flooding recovery time was reduced from 30 to 10%.

Additional Main Battery Loader (X République, Slot 6):

• Penalty to main turrets traverse speed was removed.

Accelerated Torpedo Tube Reload (X Shimakaze, Slot 6):

• The penalty which reduced torpedo tubes traverse speed was reduced from 80 to 70%.

Concerning Henri IV, Großer Kurfürst, Montana, Republique, and Shimakaze, balance changes designed to compensate for the excessive or insufficient effectiveness of their unique upgrades were made.

In the following updates, we will continue working on unique upgrades for other ships.

Blog post text.

• Cool 5

[BMD]
[BMD]
Players
557 posts
18,537 battles
27 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

In this devblog article, we would like to present you the changes to the unique upgrades.

Read more

So @Tanatoy you will take the Des Moines thats is a good ship and make it mediocre well done of maybe f...... it up again :Smile_great:.

And when you are saying it is subject to change it will change because you never listen to the playerbase.

• Cool 4

[XTREM]
Players
2,060 posts
15,189 battles

Des Moines Legendary Change.

Me:

darth_vader_noooo1.jpg.c4b320266e42079e914490014ac3fb07.jpg

Also, unless something else changes with it, Republique Legendary will still be useless. 

• Cool 4

[BMD]
[BMD]
Players
557 posts
18,537 battles
1 minute ago, Miragetank90 said:

Des Moines Legendary Change.

Me:

darth_vader_noooo1.jpg.c4b320266e42079e914490014ac3fb07.jpg

Devs are drinking to much vodka again

• Funny 2

[WGP2W]
Players
1,145 posts
10,682 battles

YY LM are good changes but it is still useless since it's in the concealment slot
Khabas LM is still garbage
Worcesters LM might be better now (?!)
Can't say anything about DM's LM it is just annoying.
Henris LM was okay you needed to give up a lot of concealment (from 13km to 15.9km) for 10.1sec reload and 20.8km range. You barely see her in randoms and not anymore on any competitive mode so why another nerf to an already dead ship ?
Can't say anything about the T10 BB LM's.
But ofc. is Moskvas LM not touched yet. Glorious russian bias is not allowed to touched xaxaxaxaxa

Concerning Henri IV, Großer Kurfürst, Montana, Republique, and Shimakaze, balance changes designed to compensate for the excessive or insufficient effectiveness of their unique upgrades were made.

Yeah i can't even take you even serious with this sentence.

• Cool 4

Players
31 posts
9,833 battles

The upgrade was too effective. In order not to deprive the upgrade of its unique features, we moved it to Slot 5, thus putting a choice between maneuverability and concealment of the cruiser.

Well I certainly won't be using it in slot 5, so mission accomplished WG.

I'm pretty sure that other cruisers do the long range wiggle fighting better than DM anyway, so I'm not going to try to fit a square peg into a round hole.

• Cool 3

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,801 posts
14,509 battles
55 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

Enhanced Armaments (X Yueyang, Slot 5):

• Bonus which reduces main battery reload time was increased from 10 to 15%;
  • Penalty to the action time of consumables was removed;
  • Bonus which increases the action time of the "Surveillance Radar" consumable by 20% was added;
  • Bonus which increases the smoke screen dispersion time by 20% was added;
  • Bonus which reduced torpedo tubes reload time was removed.

The older version of this upgrade was unpopular because of low competitiveness with other upgrades in the slot. The new variant of the upgrade offers more aggressive gameplay with an accent on consumables and main battery instead of the concealment upgrade which involves a safe playstyle

But it's a slot 5 mod so no one cares.

Now the upgrade emphasizes even more the aggressive main battery play style, but in return with decreases the efficiency of consumables.

This mod actually supports khabas playstyle as one of the few ships that doesnt use concealment mod, but it wasnt worth using over steering before. Maybe now it is.

Enhanced Countermeasures (X Worcester, Slot 6):

• The upgrade was moved from Slot 5 to Slot 6;
  • All bonuses to consumables action time were removed;
  • Bonus which reduces the priority AA sector reload time by 20% was added;
  • Bonus which reduces the reload time of ship's consumables by 20% was added;
  • Bonus which inreases the number of all consumables by 1 was added.

The upgrade was moved from Slot 5 to Slot 6 thus avoiding competition with upgrades which grant bonuses to maneuverability and concealment. The new parameters of the upgrade will emphasize the ship's role as a universal cruiser capable of completing various tasks.

Interesting, but I don't know who really wants to play utility Worcester? And if you built worcester for AA you'd AAM2 since continuous AA DPS buffs are the only really viable form of defense worth investing in.

You may as well just remove it then.

Increased Firing Elevation of Artillery (X Henri IV, Slot 5):

• Bonus to the main battery reload time was reduced from 12 to 10%;
  • Bonus to the firing range reduced from +8% to +5%.

Yes, this is what HIV needs, more nerfs...

Losing the 5% reload is a shame. Feels like a nerf to the mod overall since the 7% turret traverse gained isn't really that significant.

Enhanced Damage Control System (X Montana, Slot 5):

• Bonus which reduces fire extinguishing time was reduced from 15 to 10%;
  • Bonus which reduces flooding recovery time was reduced from 30 to 10%.

Well anyone who actually was using this now looks twice as stupid.

Additional Main Battery Loader (X République, Slot 6):

• Penalty to main turrets traverse speed was removed.

I still won't use it.

• The penalty which reduced torpedo tubes traverse speed was reduced from 80 to 70%.

Although this is quite a nice buff, increasing the remaining turret traverse speed by 50%, it's still only 7.5°/sec or 9°/sec with a slot 3 torpedo mod, so 20 seconds to traverse 180 degrees... not sure if I'd use it, but it's a nice buff.

Overall, if this is mostly underwhelming. I would like to think that some UUs have been totally revamped and will be posted separately, but the Worcester mod is a total revamp so I guess that won't be the case. And no mention of CV UUs yet either. To me, this does absolutely nothing to improve the condition of UUs.

Khabas mod I would probably try, although still not sure if it's worth the lost survivability, losing 20% of repair and speed boost as well as the rudder shift and steering protection of SGM2 is quite a price for 10% range and 6% reload. I'll assume that it will continue to be undesirable.

Same for Shima, UU torps may turn 2.5-2.8°/sec faster than before  but that is still 20 seconds to turn from one side of the ship to the other and with increased torpedo tube vulnerability, for 10% more torp reload reduction.

I highly doubt gunboat smoke YY is worth playing.

After these changes I will still not use Monty, Repus or Worcesters mods.

I will probably not use DM or HIVs mods anymore.

I'll probably keep GKs mod despite the nerf because it is a justified nerf tbh and I still like the mod.

So you've taken 6 undesirable mods and 3 good mods and turned them in to 8 undesirable mods and 1 good mod. Good job?

• Cool 10

[GURKA]
Players
157 posts
15,993 battles

WG really do hate the Henri IV nowadays and now they are starting on the GK who gets spammed by HE so easily from ships with comparable gun range!

Agree that the HIV is such a rare sight in all forms of the game.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,107 posts
9,577 battles
46 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

Read more

The Grosser Kurfürst Nerf to its Unique Upgrade basicly turns that Upgrade from Semi Useless to Complete Trash.

So far that Upgrade was already barely an Option due to the Range Decrease. But the Fact that it at least gave a Bigger Buff to Main Gun Reload than the Standard Reload Module. Made it worth considering when you used a Spotter Plane to get over the Range Debuff at Start.

Now with the Reload Buff being Nerfed below the level of the Standard Upgrade which has no Range Debuff. The Unique Upgrade of GK will effectively be completely useless and will collect Dust as barely anyone will bother using it anymore.

Likely the only ones who would even consider using it would be Meme Ship Builds that are entirely Specced for Secondaries and which take it to get some extra Reload Buff for Close Range Fights onto the Main Guns.

• Cool 2

[RPS]
Players
32 posts
5,502 battles
25 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Enhanced Armaments (X Yueyang, Slot 5)

I think the rework is somewhat okay as a side grade. Probably more useful for comp plays with radar. but the concealment nerf makes no sense?

26 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

So, there are a number of issues here. As i've detailed here, Khaba is in a very bad spot in current meta. What's worse is, Khaba special upgrade seems like it is mandatory to make the ship work. The rework doesn't do much to help.

1. Khaba rudder shift is worse than ships like Moskva, Donskoi, Venezia, Smolensk. All ships that are 1.5x to 3x longer. Harugumo is longer than Khaba but has better rudder shift. Grozovi is almost identical in dimensions to khaba. It makes no sense. Special upgrade in slot 5 makes the rudder shift even worse, because you can't slot steering gears mod 2.
  2. The increase in range is very small compared to the trade offs. 20% reduction in heal and engine boost? when your whole play style is reliant on speed tanking?
  3. Turret traverse penalty was NOT the issue. Removing it doesn't make the special upgrade any better overall. You cannot really brawl in khaba in current meta.
  4. Special upgrade is still mandatory to make Khaba usable in current meta. This is bad design.

You have to consider current meta for khaba is

1. lots of BBs with high AP alpha. khaba eats full BB pens for some reason.
  2. brutal SAP, from Venezia
  3. High speed, high alpha AP and HE shells from soviet ships
  4. torp spam ships like pan EU DDs and Benham
  5. lots of heal DDs
  6. CVs that are completely broken at T10
  7. Ineffective AA
  8. radars and hydro everywhere

Suggestions:

1. Recommended: Buff stock khaba. Improve rudder shift, range, torps to par with tashkent. add slot 6 range mod.
  2. Recommended: BB AP should overpen khaba like other DDs. 
  3. then maybe your legendry mod can work. but even then it needs to improve AA and reduce consumable cooldown. but even then it might not make sense.
  4. Recommended: move the special mod to slot 6.
  5. Recommended: Completely rework Khaba special mod based on point 1, 2, 4 in suggestions.

Khaba is in a very poor state. You have nerfed it too hard. it's a really bad experience after tashkent. Please rework khaba, then decide what to do with the special upgrade. Right now none of this makes sense. The ship is not competitive at all. It's not enjoyable to play. Tashkent is beautiful. Grozovoi is strong despite the competition. Why is Khabarovsk in such poor state? It has to be competitive with the likes of Kleber, Halland, Daring and Harugumo.

55 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

The problem was nerf to range, not turret traverse. Why the nerf to main battery reload? Again, this makes no sense. If you're going to reduce main battery reload then do not nerf the range. The current meta for BBs is really not suited to close range fighting. There is too much HE spam.

57 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

This is completely unhelpful. 80% penalty was way too much, I stopped using this upgrade on my Shima. 10% reduction won't help much. Torp tubes should be able to out turn the ship. Again, given that things like Benham exist this feels very rough.

• Cool 4

Players
7,521 posts
245 battles

Since im at the saint louis is there any reason to get henri now? Shes seems bad from what i've seen so far.

Also missed opportunity for GKF to get buff to secondary range and accuracy as well, maybe heal boost as well idk.

[WGP2W]
Players
1,145 posts
10,682 battles
12 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Since im at the saint louis is there any reason to get henri now? Shes seems bad from what i've seen so far.

Those are my last 21 days battles so far:

Spoiler

Unbenannt.thumb.png.a4f5acbffca74bc99dbb9569ace34240.png

I love the Henri it's the best Cruiser for me ingame with a hell of fun. I will still play her with the LM when the awesome changes for LM hits the live servers.
No Cruiser can rival her when played correctly and i convince everyone who is good at cruisers to give the french branch a try. They have a high skill scaling, but are very rewarding and fun to play.

• Cool 2

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles

That Des LM change, oh my. God forbids a ship is fun and enjoyable to play. I guess it's sailing under wrong flag.  :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 4

Players
7,521 posts
245 battles
Just now, Elypse201 said:

Those are my last 21 days battles so far:

Reveal hidden contents

Unbenannt.thumb.png.a4f5acbffca74bc99dbb9569ace34240.png

I love the Henri it's the best Cruiser for me ingame with a hell of fun. I will still play her with the LM when the awesome changes for LM hits the live servers.
No Cruiser can rival her when played correctly and i convince everyone who is good at cruisers to give the french branch a try. They have a high skill scaling, but are very rewarding and fun to play.

My best winrates for cruiser are my frenchies, i have pretty low winrates in the other nations lol, fiji atm is 33% xD

Im curious to see what other LM's weegee has for the rest, i think everyone is looking at gremlin and parlingrad atm.

(i wonder if miss sevastapol will make an apperance).

[BMD]
[BMD]
Players
557 posts
18,537 battles
1 hour ago, Tanatoy said:

Read more

And by the way how can that legendary upgrade be to effective when you have to give up range with your guns when you had to put in slot 6 on the Des Moines @Tanatoy, @MrConway and @Crysantos ?? And this is like you are p...... at people that alreeady have it

• Cool 1

[BMD]
[BMD]
Players
557 posts
18,537 battles
39 minutes ago, Elypse201 said:

Not just that look what they are planning to do with the Des Moines

[R3B3L]
Players
564 posts
14,057 battles

Just what GK need, more nerfs. GJ WG!

To be honest, if the goal was to remove the legendary upgrades from play, this is a step in the right direction. I guess reseting lines will be even dumber move than it is now.

• Cool 1

[SWAMP]
Players
331 posts
8,514 battles
2 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

Read more

We want a legendary module to Stalingard too :cap_money:

May -%100 dispersion??? :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,244 posts
30,068 battles
16 minutes ago, Cammo1962 said:

And by the way how can that legendary upgrade be to effective when you have to give up range with your guns when you had to put in slot 6 on the Des Moines

If it is considered as mandatory then it is too good. Moving it on T5 doesn't make it bad, but now gives you other options how to build and play DM. It is still a good LU and some could even consider it a buff depending on their playstyle.

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
4 minutes ago, fumtu said:

If it is considered as mandatory then it is too good.

That doesn't change the fact that one can be sad about it being changed leaving you with non-enjoyable playstyles ... or at least... well it's back to the old DM days. Where I didn't have a LM ....

[BMD]
[BMD]
Players
557 posts
18,537 battles
4 minutes ago, fumtu said:

If it is considered as mandatory then it is too good. Moving it on T5 doesn't make it bad, but now gives you other options how to build and play DM. It is still a good LU and some could even consider it a buff depending on their playstyle.

So giving up concealtment for range makes still a good legendary upgrade on the Des Moins ?? 

[SHAD]
Players
3,544 posts
14,520 battles

I think we'll see a few Des Moines players using legendary combined with range.

I've heard it said that you could play open water like the Henri of old.

Could be interesting.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,244 posts
30,068 battles
Just now, Allied_Winter said:

That doesn't change the fact that one can be sad about it being changed leaving you with non-enjoyable playstyles ... or at least... well it's back to the old DM days. Where I didn't have a LM ....

Well I agree that it will be missed as it was really good.

Just now, Cammo1962 said:

So giving up concealtment for range makes still a good legendary upgrade on the Des Moins ?? 

Well for either range of DPM. Thing is if you are using islands as cover you will still have that LU to peak and dodge, if you are using range, and even maybe a spotter plane, then you can be more comfortable with open water shooting.  Biggest problem now will be getting into good positions. Considering DM playstyle, LU is still viable, and LU by itself is still good. Thing is with this change it is more a sidegrade then it was before when it was considered as mandatory. I don't think that it is bad now just maybe less good. Still I would give it a go and use LU instead of concealment if this go live.