Sign in to follow this  
Durandalus

0.3.1 broke game in Parallels on Mac OS X

13 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
4 posts
1,364 battles

Used to play Warships on my Mac Pro in Parallels Desktop. Worked just fine with decent fps. The latest update broke the graphics though, it's all weird triangles now. This is a 2010 Mac Pro 4 core Xeon with an ATI 5870 card. Anybody else got this problem and maybe a solution? Game still works fine when booting into Bootcamp but I prefer Parallels.

[SOLO_]
Beta Tester
86 posts
7,672 battles

Sorry, I never tried it with parallels, I always use bootcamp ( But I play on a Mac :B)

Beta Tester
7 posts
5,985 battles

Got the same issue here with Parallels. It worked fine until the last patch. I have a Mac Pro 2014 3,5 Ghz 6 Core Xeons with dual AMD Firepro D500.

Beta Tester
4 posts
1,364 battles

Got the same issue here with Parallels. It worked fine until the last patch. I have a Mac Pro 2014 3,5 Ghz 6 Core Xeons with dual AMD Firepro D500.

That's (kinda) good to hear as it seems to be a general problem that may be fixed in the future.

[VETS]
Beta Tester
17 posts
7,062 battles

Same here iMac i5 16gig, now cant play with all those random triangles.

This is the response from WOT

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately World of Warships is not compatible with MAC, so we don't offer support to any technical issues originated from running the game in this Operative system.

To try to fix this, we recommend installing windows natively (throught bootcamp), not via a virtual machine.

Also, minimum system requirements is your best chance at running the game without performance or graphical issues.

Than you for your understanding.

So thanks a lot wot can i have my money back then please!!!

View PostDurandalus, on 17 May 2015 - 04:34 PM, said:

That's (kinda) good to hear as it seems to be a general problem that may be fixed in the future.

Nope, u need to run it through bootcamp. Thats great but I can't get bootcamp to install windows so I have to use parallels.

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

So thanks a lot wot can i have my money back then please!!!

That's the risk if you spend money on a game that is not ported/compatible with MAC.

The game minimum specs clearly state Windows, nothing about MAC.

That World of Warships does not run inside Parallels, isn't the fault/problem of Wargaming..

:honoring:

Beta Tester
147 posts
3,474 battles

To be honest I am amazed it even ran in Parallels with the software emulated graphicsdriver.

But like many other here said, I have been running Wargaming Products in Bootcamp without any issues.

What you could try is using WINE to run WOWS. I know there are Wine Wrappers for WOT, since its the same engine it should not be too hard to modify one for WOWS (but there might be one out there already).

[VETS]
Beta Tester
17 posts
7,062 battles

That's the risk if you spend money on a game that is not ported/compatible with MAC.

The game minimum specs clearly state Windows, nothing about MAC.

That World of Warships does not run inside Parallels, isn't the fault/problem of Wargaming..

:honoring:

My point Maxxy,is that it did work, worked fine then they updated, with supposedly minor tweaks to the game play and boom now it don't. If it didn't work from day zero, then yes I would say "oh well that's a shame" but to have it taken away from me is just poor show. WOT and WOWP work fine (not that I play WOWP).

I just have to kick me lad of his PC to play instead, until they sort it out.

Players
5 posts

If you care I got a working copy of WoWS using wineskin, no major issues with it yet, I usually crash entering my first battle of that "play session" but after that its fine. Made a

on how to make it if you care.

[VETS]
Beta Tester
17 posts
7,062 battles

If you care I got a working copy of WoWS using wineskin, no major issues with it yet, I usually crash entering my first battle of that "play session" but after that its fine. Made a

I'll give it a go thanks

Beta Tester
4 posts
1,364 battles

Thanks, got it working following your guide. You get extra points for cleaning up your Mac before making that video ;-)

Beta Tester
7 posts
5,985 battles

First of all thanks for making the guide Teancum. 

But it's not working for me it keeps crashing Wine at 86% when installing the updates. I've made a new image for about 5 times now and it keeps happening at 86%. 

Sign in to follow this