Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
royaltar

Type 6 and 12 static crosshairs have different scales?

11 comments in this topic

Players
14 posts
1,101 battles

I recently reinstalled the game after dead HDD and i noticed that the default type 2 static crosshair scale does not correspond to the flight time displayed (eg flight time is 10s but i have to position aim way out to notch 15) 

Then i looked at type 12 and it looks different, the scale is different.. Type 6 also has wider scale.

Does type 2 correspond to 20 knots and type 12 to 30 knots time now? Why are they different, is there any official description on WG site somewhere?

I thought all static crosshairs are scaled to the same speed (30knts).

[JRM]
Players
6,341 posts
24,293 battles

No... In general terms - some are calibrated for 20 kt and some for 30 kt on a distance (I think) of 15km, however some seem to be well - completely OFF...

IMO if you rely on the scaling you should use one of the Nomogram sights from Modstation as they actually scale with distance and are calibated for 30 or 30/20 kt respectively (depending on which you chose)

• Cool 3

Players
543 posts
3,073 battles

I use Nomogram myself. Takes a bit of getting used to when you switch over though..

[BOBS3]
Beta Tester
501 posts
17,036 battles
6 hours ago, Yedwy said:

No... In general terms - some are calibrated for 20 kt and some for 30 kt on a distance (I think) of 15km, however some seem to be well - completely OFF...

IMO if you rely on the scaling you should use one of the Nomogram sights from Modstation as they actually scale with distance and are calibated for 30 or 30/20 kt respectively (depending on which you chose)

with static sights the distance is irrelevant, flight time:notches is all that matters

[JRM]
Players
6,341 posts
24,293 battles
4 minutes ago, PassTheSalt said:

with static sights the distance is irrelevant, flight time:notches is all that matters

Emm flight time varys with distance? Its always the question how much you need to add/subtract, in static sights you usually add just at varying level

[PN4VY]
Players
358 posts
6,877 battles

If you are now try to learn to aim i recommend either nomogram crosshair found in aslain modpack or just the default dynamic.
My personal issue with nomogran or however it is called is that it messes my aim when enemies are sailing behind islands because it auto changes the zoom level.
Besides that i tend to spend more time calculating travel times etc when i shoot at something so i just stick with default dynamic.

Both are solid choices but keep in mind that eventually you ll rely to muscle memory than actively calculating when shooting.
Although you are not adviced to snipe, if you find your self using spotter plane a lot, there is also a mod that removes that weird fking angle the plane creates, thus making aiming with it easier.
Well, as easy as normal shooting at distance is for you anyway

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles

Wait, there are people who use the static croshairs ? 

• Funny 1

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
12,862 battles

Guys offtopic, but do you know which is the (dynamic) crosshair on PTS? I can't find it in my Live serv "stash"

[BOBS3]
Beta Tester
501 posts
17,036 battles
5 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Emm flight time varys with distance? Its always the question how much you need to add/subtract, in static sights you usually add just at varying level

well yes obviously but you don't need to know the distance, just the flight time

Players
14 posts
1,101 battles

Thanks guys, seems there is no real data how the static crosshairs scaled then? Which one is 30knt which one is 20knt scale?

And yes, Corvi, I prefer static one. Main reason is that i am lazy - i tried aslan modpack in the past but i felt maintenance a hurdle (after game updates you might need to reinstall)

As Ouozo11 said i use muscle memory by now, and static crosshair is just to estimate angle, providing a horizontal reference line (I know, modpack has angle display too)

Strangely i prefer vanilla setup. I should blame that for my stats :D 

So it seems the crosshair scalings are not consistent then? Some might be 20knt and some maybe 30knt scale? 

I tried type 12 in training room and that seem to be scaled for 30knt. But would be good to see some WG data link if exists?

Sign in to follow this