You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AlaalaBedala

Rescue the Raptor week mission (Ranger) bug

14 comments in this topic

[NM-IT]
Players
11 posts
4,865 battles

Greetings,

I don't know if this bug has already been reported, but if it were solved it would avoid many players from losing hard fought battles.

Are 2 times in less 1 day the Ranger go stuck in a island ... picture explaing better. Erm, is reverse gear not provided to bots? 

Raptorbug.png

[JRM]
Players
6,383 posts
24,310 battles

All fixed comrade, nothing to see here

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
558 posts
3,498 battles

Happens now and then it seems.

It took some epic teamwork to dislodge the Raptor from where she is first encountered. I guess some bell-end with a BB drove into her and literally pushed her off course into the left side islands lol and no it wasn't me honest! 3 of us, 2 BB's and a cruiser, with much effort and under the constant threat of angry bot-warships eventually dislodged her and she was on her way again. Sadly, by the time we got her back on the road the clock was just about out of time but it was actually rather fun teamwork lol. We were only missing some sort of site manager overseeing the undertaking and guiding each ship and making calls lol. 

"That's how baby warships are made son"

ktRGDtj.jpg

Look at the style and achievement!

M5fro7q.jpg

Born free! as free as the wind blows! as free as the grass grows! and.... we're out of time.

SmOpDEM.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[NM-IT]
Players
11 posts
4,865 battles

This is a fun solution in the game and you're lucky that BB is still alive, but I'm sorry it doesn't solve the problem, because when other ships are too far they can't reach the carrier and push her out in time. In any case I am not complaining, I only focus a light on the problem and I hope someone competent will lend itself to solve it.

Cheers 

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,669 battles

In my experience the carrier tends go get stuck when allied ships go with her through the channel cuz the ship-dodging algorithm is (fittingly) rather dodgy.

• Cool 1

Players
171 posts
1,986 battles

It's true that autopilot is very wonky at the moment, especially for carries as more often than not you have no choice but to rely on it. 

I find that getting behind an island isn't the issue, but getting out of it (especially when nose in). My carriers have a habit pulling back and ramming itself back into the island over and over again before it finally decides to move in the right direction. And usually, by that time it's already too late for me to get out of the sticky situation that I found myself in. 

• Funny 1

Players
714 posts

My favourite is basically any Kongo bot in a co-op battle. I've seen one (a friendly on that occasion) take a go at getting past a small island in its path, with no enemies (or friendlies even) within sight or shooting range or anything else to distract it; of course it crashed into the island. The best bit though was that it kept backing up and then charging straight forward for another go, four or five times over, like the island was a windmill and the captain of the Kongo was Don Quixote. The farce was finally ended when the last two enemy bots were obliging enough to feed themselves to the Kongo's guns one by one with plenty of time for him to finish each one off, despite starting out next to each other (after it had taken them literally five minutes to realise that if they went about 100 metres to their left, they could cap A). That's the worst one I've seen so far (outside of an Op. of course), but for some reason the Kongo bots (Bongos?) seem especially dense...

Beta Tester
1,980 posts
3,672 battles

I've found that the autopilot doesn't really consider backing up at all. When playing CV it regularly sets a course opposite of intended, especially after it gets stuck, it just gets completely confused to what to do. When I set it to go backwards manually, it just speeds up again and turns in the opposite direction. It just can't navigate shallows and take speed into account, let alone deal with side hugging or nose hugging an island.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,980 posts
3,672 battles

Btw, if you take a CV into that same mission, just watch how the AI reacts to aircraft torps. Completely messes up their scripted arrival as they bump into each other or islands.

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
12,947 battles

I know that its a little bit offtopic, but how you play ops in hard mode?

[JRM]
Players
6,383 posts
24,310 battles
11 hours ago, rnat said:

In my experience the carrier tends go get stuck when allied ships go with her through the channel cuz the ship-dodging algorithm is (fittingly) rather dodgy.

Yep also if there are torps incoming they tend to go bonkers

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,669 battles
19 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

I know that its a little bit offtopic, but how you play ops in hard mode?

Most operations currently feature no hard mode. They had it in the Halloween events for 2018 and 2019 and Cherry Blossom (iirc) but further development has been put to the back burner for a while now along with most other PVE related work.

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
12,947 battles
3 minutes ago, rnat said:

Most operations currently feature no hard mode. They had it in the Halloween events for 2018 and 2019 and Cherry Blossom (iirc) but further development has been put to the back burner for a while now along with most other PVE related work.

Thanks. Hmmm... why I'm not surprised....I wonder. 

[SEN]
Players
795 posts

Well, for my experience last days, seems WeeGee codded the Raptor Op. on purpose bugged.

On other words, the Op. is rigged to fail on purpose :  and I have my arguments for this statement. Bots at 10 km of a Minekaze torp will turn 180º ,  will run aground or ram other ships, when obvious, for any half decent player is clear those torps at 10 km are no danger at all.

Also, Raptor carrier will sometimes slow down on purpose in order to fail the exit point on time,  even when a team performed perfect and are no danger near...

If some manage to push rAPTOR back on course, on open water, the fracking bot, the game (with plenty of time on clock ! 10 min left ! ) will still refuse to admit the "fix" and will slap the players with a message about

"Raptor unable to exit..." when the fraking Raptor is free, not grounded, and the game have still plenty of time - this proves the Op. is sabotaged on purpose by WeeGee .

See the vids below.... in second vid below , Raptor is free to sail, you see the smoke coming out from engines, like she starts to sail, but the codded2lose line kick-in and you lose the Op. with 10 min on clock - so, with NO REASON AT ALL FOR A DEFEAT...