You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hades_warrior

How long we gonna play in broken servers with DC's?

54 comments in this topic

Players
3,052 posts
4,691 battles

So anyone have any idea for how long we gonna take these random DC's from battles?

Today I was waiting ''only'' 8 minutes to join back into battle. But hey, at least I had time to do 20k damage before end.

Question is, what will be sooner: Players quiting with money support or this fix which is delay for far to long.

I dont know about you but im not gonna support developer with my money who have broken servers.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
986 posts
15,692 battles
38 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

So anyone have any idea for how long we gonna take these random DC's from battles?

Not a priority, atleast until they run out of napcin design premiums to pump out in mass numbers.

• Cool 5

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,941 posts
12,023 battles
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

Today I was waiting ''only'' 8 minutes to join back into battle. But hey, at least I had time to do 20k damage before end.

Question is, what will be sooner: Players quiting with money support or this fix which is delay for far to long.

I dont know about you but im not gonna support developer with my money who have broken servers.

Are you sure it's a WG-issue and not on your side or your ISP? Especially loading into a battle is at 99% a local thing - mostly HDD-related - and the other players could play in your battle... 

• Cool 1

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,171 posts
6,283 battles

Ive not gotten DCd once and I have the worlds shittiest internet

Players
3,052 posts
4,691 battles
9 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

Are you sure it's a WG-issue and not on your side or your ISP? Especially loading into a battle is at 99% a local thing - mostly HDD-related - and the other players could play in your battle... 

Its not my HDD. Its clean and healthy.

This problem is related to wg servers and not players PC's.

6 minutes ago, Floofz said:

Ive not gotten DCd once and I have the worlds shittiest internet

That doesn't mean that others don't get DC's. In the last 4 weeks or so there was a lot of people with this problem, even on forum you could see them.

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,941 posts
12,023 battles
2 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

That doesn't mean that others don't get DC's. In the last 4 weeks or so there was a lot of people with this problem, even on forum you could see them.

and today noone. no topic, nothing on Discord or on Facebook. But anyhow - you decided who is guilty, so just continue.

[JRM]
Players
6,237 posts
24,058 battles

I had two today

• Cool 1

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester
226 posts

Fun fact: Both players complaining about DCs are from Croatia. You may want to find out wether you are using the same provider, trace your connections, check hubs ... you name it.

Players
2,801 posts

Lol

It's the servers haha. No question about it.

Too much traffic. Too much graphics. Too much sound. Sea depth implemented. CV stuff.

The engine can't handle it. The servers can't handle it.

Covid just killed a sick horse.

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

Beta Tester
4,696 posts
10,869 battles
6 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

Lol

It's the servers haha. No question about it.

Too much traffic. Too much graphics. Too much sound. Sea depth implemented. CV stuff.

The engine can't handle it. The servers can't handle it.

Covid just killed a sick horse.

You have no idea what any of those words means it seems.

Weekend Tester
345 posts
21,586 battles

I am in the UK and just had a random disconnect - so it's not Croatia   LOL!

• Cool 1

Players
33 posts
9,215 battles
17 minutes ago, KurtVonSteiger said:

I am in the UK and just had a random disconnect - so it's not Croatia

Same here. A few large lag spikes, followed by a disconnect. Failure to reconnect because the server was unavailable. Eventually reconnected just in time to see the wreck of my ship sinking.

• Cool 2

Players
2,801 posts
2 hours ago, AgarwaenME said:

You have no idea what any of those words means it seems.

Wanna go at them one by one mate? :)

anyway,

DC's is a well established server prob in wows. 

• Cool 2

Players
3,052 posts
4,691 battles
15 hours ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

and today noone.

You are so wrong.

15 hours ago, Benaulim said:

Fun fact: Both players complaining about DCs are from Croatia. You may want to find out wether you are using the same provider, trace your connections, check hubs ... you name it.

I heard from other player from Croatia that T-Com (our ISP) have a bad DNS situation lately but I called our ISP and they told me that there was no problems besides usual smaller individual ones.

Someone is lying in this whole story.

3 hours ago, KurtVonSteiger said:

I am in the UK and just had a random disconnect - so it's not Croatia   LOL!

Yea I heard that most of the EU was affected by this problem.  I think even WG staff said the same on this forum few weeks back.

They told us that they fixed this but we could expect some more minor problems with connection until it get stable. Well... We can for sure see how ''stable'' is now.

2 hours ago, NewHorizons_1 said:

Same here. A few large lag spikes, followed by a disconnect. Failure to reconnect because the server was unavailable. Eventually reconnected just in time to see the wreck of my ship sinking.

I hate when this happens. Whenever I get this DC lately, first thing that come up to my mind is: what will left from my ship if I manage to re-join back in battle.

You are somehow lucky if this DC happens at the very start of the battle when your ship haven't even change starting position. That way enemy team won't see you (and kill you).

• Cool 1

Players
3,052 posts
4,691 battles
2 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

Wanna go at them one by one mate? :)

anyway,

DC's is a well established server prob in wows. 

Sad thing is, they think since they ''fixed'' this few weeks ago, now this is our problem :/

• Cool 1

Players
2,801 posts

I play CVs mostly. Mostly also ops. The amount of lag I get during certain times is monstrous. I'm talking high 60s drop to 15-20 in a sec. During a boom drop. You need great skill not to miss. Imagine this in randoms. Ofc several times a dc will happen or you PC will crash since it gets no connection. It even says so in the orange screen after. Covid showcased the prob a lot imo. Sure I can still play fine during late hrs 2-3 am wit a couple of thousand fanatics or savants. Best games are then, but next day I'm kinda ded for most stuff and waifu dont really appreciate that :)

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,237 posts
24,058 battles
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

Sad thing is, they think since they ''fixed'' this few weeks ago, now this is our problem :/

Naah they claim its our problem since day one, even if all other sites (including WG RU for instance) apart from WG EU keep on working...

I guess our German ISP just doesnt like tne RU intrusion in EU and sabotages them...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PISH]
Players
369 posts
3,065 battles

The only disconnects I've gotten over the past 3 months were due to my own internet and router. It's also prudent to check where exactly along the line is the failure because if you are not connecting directly to WG's server but go through several hops.

Players
1,955 posts
6,553 battles

It's also good to remember that WG "server" is actually multiple machines across several facilities which all share the load, so it's possible for just one of these to have a glitch effecting just a small number of people, so just because "you" aren't having any issues doesn't or that no-one else is reporting it yet it doesn't mean that it "must" be the players PC/ISP.

I've posted this a few times to remind people how "Servers" work but WG themselves posted a YT video of how distributed their server is and how the various set-ups all load share various parts -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tcqy27hN2U

https://i.imgur.com/knxeA1o.jpg

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,237 posts
24,058 battles
9 minutes ago, Bratoev said:

The only disconnects I've gotten over the past 3 months were due to my own internet and router. It's also prudent to check where exactly along the line is the failure because if you are not connecting directly to WG's server but go through several hops.

Yeees, that must be the case, funny how every other site works at the same time though...

[PISH]
Players
369 posts
3,065 battles

Funny how its easy to first post on the forum  before doing some legwork and tracing the connection path to its eventual failure. You do realize it would be better for all if a player can point exactly where his connection failed.

[JRM]
Players
6,237 posts
24,058 battles
1 minute ago, Bratoev said:

Funny how its easy to first post on the forum  before doing some legwork and tracing the connection path to its eventual failure. You do realize it would be better for all if a player can point exactly where his connection failed.

Funny how it is easy to be apologetic to WG before establishing the fact we already did that when the issue started (right after the Christmas patch btw) but yeah keep it coming

• Cool 1

[PISH]
Players
369 posts
3,065 battles

Lol Apologetic he says. Tell me do you see the difference between "How long will we play on broken servers!?" and "Guys I'm getting disconnected, tracert shows packet loss at X/failure at Y do you have the same problem?" 

My personal opinion is the 2nd offers a much better experience for everyone involved. But hey i'm an WG apologist so what do I know.

[JRM]
Players
6,237 posts
24,058 battles

Yes I say it, and will again, btw we already tried the latter approach, installed the ping teacers and sent tickets with embedded reports from the said after which we got - silence, soo the former is pretry much the extent of what any of us can do...

[PISH]
Players
369 posts
3,065 battles
2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Yes I say it, and will again, btw we already tried the latter approach, installed the ping teacers and sent tickets with embedded reports from the said after which we got - silence, soo the former is pretry much the extent of what any of us can do...

So why stop and not bring it to the forum as well?